November 25, 2014 | 1821 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous Lipstick - Fabulous Fig

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2013 1:05:00 AM More reviews by chatterboxlee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this color! It works very well with my skin tone, which is somewhere between NC 37-40. Not drying, leaves a nice stain on the lips, and has no taste or scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 6:06:00 PM More reviews by thisisashley

I'm NW25 and I have trouble wearing intense lip colour. I love wearing bright/intense eye make up but for some reason intense lip colour can have a tendency to look clown-like on me.

This may not be a true "red" but this the perfect "red-ish" colour for me. I find this lipstick drying so I layer lip balm with it. (Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Red Dahlia works well for me). Even though it is drying, I'm very impressed that it doesn't flake too much.

I don't wear intense lip colour often so this has lasted me a long time. If I run out, I will likely repurchase if it's still available.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2012 3:45:00 AM More reviews by Fixxylove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This was my first Matte lipstick and i absolutely love this shade! the texture of this lipstick is creamy and easy to apply, altho i do have to put on vaseline before applying this lipstick. This is my go to lipstick for daytime. i also got really red and it is the EXACT dupe for mac's russian red. I love using that for night time.

Overall, It is a great matte lipstick for BND$15.90. Will definitely repurchase and get more shades!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2012 12:51:00 AM More reviews by wmhfnrzu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Albeit very drying, I am willing to overlook that and crown this my favourite lipstick! At SG$13.90 a pop. this goes fantastically with all skin tones so I can't see how you can go wrong with this. Only con is just the lack of moisture - I'll always take note to brush my lips lightly and put some chapstick/balm before putting it on to avoid any 'uneveness' and to minimize it sinking into my fine lines. Other than that I am madly in love with this - there was a time I thought I lost it so I got really depressed and did not get dressed for the next few minutes and it wasn't until I told myself that I could drop by the drugstore after work to grab a tube before I got my act together. And if you're wondering no, I didn't lose it, it just rolled under my bed and also, I picked up Wine Not instead and also in love with that shade! Hallelujah Revlon!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2012 8:05:00 AM More reviews by rachelicious904

I freakin' love this lipstick. I have quite pigmented lips and on me it is a deep deep brown dark red, that is a little vampy on my pale skin tone but I must say I love it. It is a very dramatic lipstick, I'm not really into bright red lipsticks as they don't really suit me so this is perfect. I love matte lipsticks as I hate shiny lips so this is the perfect pop of colour without shine or lustre. I mostly wear it for nights out and if I was more daring I'd wear it in the daytime. The texture is really nice, not drying, goes on evenly and has good staying power (especially as it is matte). It lasts a lot longer than the MAC mattene L/S. For such a cheap lipstick I am really impressed. I also like the fact that when it fades, it fades evenly leaving a tint on your lips so you don't have to constantly keep checking your lips to top up. Would definitely repurchase this as long as it isn't disc.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2011 5:59:00 PM More reviews by JChrisBee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm in the not sure department concerning this color. It strayed off into a little too terracotta for me. Not orangey exactly, but slightly more warm on me than neutral. It also is a little brighter than I'm used to dealing with. The name is a little misleading because I've always thought fig to be more like a raisin color more in the burgundy tones. But, this is a mid tone red with some brown and a touch of coral.

Because reds are hard to photograph, none of the swatches above come close to capturing it accurately. I did find someone's flickr photo and this is it: http://www.flickr.com/photos/36924584@N00/4556064017/ However, even that photo looks a bit more coral than it actually is. Picture that and make it a little darker and a little less orange. It's not rosey, plummy, berry or anything else people have explained it as. At least, not on me!

But, I may have found a red I can actually wear because most reds turn a dreaded fuchsia on me. Now, I just need to get used to it!

I think a trick to making this more wearable is to make sure you've balanced out the color in your face making sure not to wear plummy or too colorful eyeshadows. Try using gold or golden beige eyeshadow and a neutral blush and I think this lipstick will really look nice for winter.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2011 2:35:00 AM More reviews by staciarose22

I completely ignored this shade for so long. Since some fabulous matte shades have been discontinued, I decided to look over the range again to see if I missed any gems. I don't care for the new matte shades that are so hot pink or pale. It's quite a unique shade in the drugstore or high end lipsticks. It goes on like velvet soft and can be layered for more intensity. Certain shades in the matte's just go on my lips so well. Mauve It Over, Really Red, In The Red, Fabulous Fig, and Strawberry Suede. I have Nude Attitude and Smoked Peach, too. While I like the peach shade, it goes on sketchy and drags. Which causes the lipstick to gather in certain places and not be even. Fabulous Fig goes on evenly and lasts forever. I don't use a lip liner with it. I'd describe this as a reddish plum with some natural brown to it. It just depends on your lip tone. On me it can be a rosey neutral brown. If I layer it more then it becomes a rosey plum. I'm sure some people would describe it as burgundy if they have very pigmented lips.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2011 2:44:00 PM More reviews by fogcat

I liked the formula and the way it had a decent amount of pigment but the color did not work on me at all. It ended up looking way orange and not nearly as pink / red as it did in some swatches I saw online. I would buy this formula again if they had a color that worked on me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2011 2:12:00 AM More reviews by catlike

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I'm giving this a good rating because it seems like a quality product that goes on smooth and lasts, but the color itself looks horrible on me. It appears a cool, brownish plum in the tube, but looks dark and drab against my skin. I imagine this would look stunning on someone who is very pale, but against my light-medium olive skin, it reminds me of the drab 90s browns that *everyone* wore, no matter what her skin tone. I will stick to the brighter or richer, truer shades in the line.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2011 11:48:00 AM More reviews by Olfactoria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG lipstick! I use it more than any others. I love Revlon's mattes because they glide on evenly and don't feel chalky and parched on the lips the way MAC mattes do. I usually don't even have to use balm under this, even though it does give a true velvety, matte finish. An added bonus is that I don't need a lipliner with this-- I can apply it slightly outside the lipline to make my lips look fuller, and it won't migrate or feather at all.

Oh, how I love this color. It's a little plum, a little brown, a little terracotta, sophisticated enough to be a Chanel or a Bobbi Brown. It can be applied lightly for a VERY natural-looking MLBB, or full-on for a soft, velvety, elegant look. I'm a redhead with strong yellow undertones, and this lipstick looks wonderful on me even without other makeup. In fact, it makes me look put together on those days when lipstick is all I have time for. Instant glam!