Revlon Matte Lipstick - In the Red [DISCONTINUED]

4.6

on 1/20/2015 12:05:00 PM

Aaaaaahhh I love this lipstick so much it hurts.

I always wanted to be a red lipstick person, but for years, I couldn't find one I was brave enough to wear. Mostly they just made me look silly so I stuck to neutrals.

I had been looking for a dark, browner toned matte red for ages when I found this in a discount makeup shop in Caloundra, QLD. I fell in love immediately, it was the perfect tone for my skin and colouring, and the first time I wore it out I got so many compliments.

This little lipstick has completely made me get over my fear of dark lipsticks and it breaks my heart that it's discontinued.
I will be looking for a dupe for this forever!

on 7/21/2014 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a mainstay in my makeup bag. I love how the color brightens my face without it being too neon or too bright. Love how it's an understated red that's subtle enough to wear anywhere, anytime.

Review: http://www.jellobeans.com/2014/07/revlon-matte-lipstick-in-the-red-review-swatch.html

on 10/30/2013 1:27:00 PM

My HG lipstick for over 2 years. So sad it's discontinued :(

on 3/20/2013 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Most favourite lippy EVER! The perfect matte lipstick. IN LOVE!

on 2/2/2013 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I am asian, and one or two shades away from PPP.
Overall: texture is amazingly creamy for being truly matte without having any shine: it's my favorite matte lipstick ever in terms of formulation. The color is a pure red, mixed with a yellow-brown. This gives you a red lip that is still bright, but not in a neon way. It's a softened red for people who have yellow undertones. It might pull orange on some because of the undertone.
I love this lipstick so much, I rebought it on Amazon for under $6, including shipping! I can't find it at CVS anywhere. I can't wait to receive it in the mail and be reunited with my 007. Indeed, this lipstick lives up to its' James Bond persona: this works for cheeks and lips! (it acts as a sheer red blush when I've blended it into my cheekbones.)

on 1/16/2013 2:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This lipstick is a perfect retro matte red. I like the texture on my lips and the color is flattering as well. The only downside is that it kinda smudges around your lip line easily..so it's probably best if you use lip liner first before putting on In The Red. Personally, I am not a lip liner kind of girl so that annoys me a little bit. hehehe:D

on 12/7/2012 2:17:00 PM

I so love this lipstick! The color looks good on my skin color. My first week of trial with this lipstick came out good. It lasts longer and when I eat the lipstick is still there unlike others that fade out really fast. However, after sometime I noticed that my lips become dry after several minutes of applying the lipstick. I know it is matte but it really does bother me to have dry lips.

on 8/25/2012 4:40:00 AM

I had read lots of reviews of this and was excited to try it. Having developed a pretty expensive lipstick habit, I thought maybe it would be worthwhile searching for a cheaper alternative to my HG reds! So when I got this for 2.49 I was pretty pleased. However, I have to say that the poorer quality is very apparent. It is not as smooth to put on as my high end lippies. Applying straight from the container gives a very messy look where it skips over lip contours and needs smudging with a finger or brush. I know it's matte, so bound to be a little drier, but this really is TOO dry. After half an hour or so wear my lips start to feel a little itchy from the dryness which is very uncomfortable, and it doesn't sit right at all. The colour isn't really as red as I was hoping. It's reddish coraly brown. I imagine on some people this would look really nice but on my medium skintone it really doesnt work at all. I can't really think of any way to describe the colour except 'flat.' Luckily, as the wear is terrible, on the two occasions I've worn it I haven't had to put up with it very long!

on 6/12/2012 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I actually prefer this than the raved Revlon Really Red color. This red is more neutral for my complexion rather than the more orangey and bright Really Red. It is matte and last a long time on my full lips. I'm disappointed that I hear that it will be discontinued. Why does Revlon always discontinue the really great products and colors? It's annoying. They did the same thing with the awesome SPA foundation. Revlon needs to stop that. Trying to keep up with fashion colors? Come on, red never goes out of fashion! They must be kidding!

on 6/9/2012 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Don't really understand why everyone likes the Revlon Matte lipsticks so much. I got this on sale for 1 (it is getting discontinued in my country along with Really red and some other shades) and I wouldn't but it again. The color is very unflattering on my NW15 skin (but that's not really a reason to give it a low rating), it's too orange/brown, but I didn't find it very easy to apply either and it did feel dry on the lips. I guess I just prefer brighter reds and I definitely prefer the WnW Mega last matte lipstick formula. Wouldn't buy again.

Popular Lipsticks