Pretty Pretty Kabuki Brush[Discontinued]

4.5

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Coarse

Great kabuki brush for buffing on mineral makeup. I use it with my Bare minerals Baby buki brush, but I find myself reaching for this one more. Incredibly soft and does a flawless job buffing. My only problem is it seems to shed non-stop. Every few mins apply my makeup I have to look at it and pick off the loose hairs before they wind up on my face. I'd still buy it again and will continue to use it, it's just annoying having to pick hairs out of the brush or off your face.

on 5/25/2007 1:45:00 PM

Wow! I am so glad I bought this brush! I like that it has a longer handle than other kabuki brushes - makes it easier to hold on to. The brushes are tightly packed and oh so soft...like my kitten's tail :) The best thing of course, is that this buffs in my mineral makeup with absolutely no scratchiness, and leaves my skin looking glowy and perfect looking. A great brush - especially for the price!

I've used BE and Everyday Minerals kabukis...and compared to this baby, they are like porcupine quills!

Like so many others, I bought the "ultimate buffer brush" on ebay, hoping it could do something for me and my mineral makeup woes. I wasn't disappointed! This brush is so much better than the Bare Escentuals kabuki I had been using beforehand-- it's soft, full, and blends wonderfully. Thanks to this brush, I've rediscovered my love for powder foundations. My only criticism (and it's a small one!) is that it does shed quite a bit. I routinely have to scan my image in the mirror for tiny black bristles. Considering all the pluses to this brush, though, it's really not a big deal. Would definitely buy again.

on 11/6/2006 9:51:00 AM

What a fantastic MUA find! I wanted to try out mineral makeup, but didn't want to spend a lot of money on a kabuki in case I didn't like it. So I read the reviews and purchased this one on ebay (under "ultimate buffer brush") for about $20 shipped. I've been using it for a week or so now and just washed it last night - no shedding and it was back to its original shape this morning! It's very soft and picks up the powder very well. I use it with my EM mineral foundation and it works great. So well that I'm actually thinking of buying another one, in fact.

on 8/27/2006 3:52:00 PM

Thanks to MUA I was able to do some research on an affordable, quality kabuki. I searched ebay and found MUA recommeded: "Ultimate Buffer Brush". Exactly like the Pretty Pretty brush and much more denser than the Luscious Kabuki.
PROS:
- Longer handle than regular kabuki.

- Dense amount of hairs

- Soft

- Comes with clear plastic case

- Less than $25 CAD (shipping included)
CONS:

- Once washed, this brush sheds small hairs nonstop!!
It's a pretty good quality brush for a very reasonable price. However, I give this a low rating because once it's washed, it can't stop shedding on me. It's not a constant shedding nor does it shed in clumps. Usually it will shed 5 or so hairs per use, but that is far too many for me. It's annoying having to spend time picking hairs off my face! GRRr.. I'm going to pruchase the EM Premium kabuki brush with "lifetime warranty"! continued >>

on 7/31/2006 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Thanks to MUAers, I found a great buffer brush from eBay (the seller called it luscious buffer brush)! I've been using CAT's kabuki brush, and this eBay brush is just as good! I definitely love the longer handle. The bristles are just as densed and soft as my CAT's kabuki! I paid about $20 (incl. shipping), slightly higher than the 'regular' buffer brush that the seller also has (which I also purchased), but the luscious brush definitely has softer bristles than the regular one. I'll give my sis the regular buffer brush since she's not too fussy about her brushes! :o)

on 7/16/2006 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought this brush on eBay after reading the great reviews here. Was looking for something similar to my Cat Kabuki but at a more reasonable price. While it is a good brush, it is not a true kabuki IMHO. Bristles are soft and full but not dense enough to be considered a true kabuki. I use it for applying finishing powder only and it works perfectly for that purpose. Maybe because I require complete coverage in applying my powder foundation that I need a kabuki with denser, thicker bristles (but still soft of course) ... So for my purposes this brush doesn't really do the job with my mineral powder foundation, but it is a great brush for my finishing powder application. I would compare it to the Bare Minerals Flawless Finish brush, rather than a true kabuki.

on 7/6/2006 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I am glad I found this on Makeupalley because although I had my eye years ago on the Cat Kabuki, I thought $60 is just too much to pay for a made in China brush - it is good to see that there are other options now that people like even more! I bought this off of eBay as well for under $20, shipping included. I used it first for EverydayMinerals, but decided I don't like mineral makeup, but LOVE this brush to apply all the cake powders that I already own. I am loving the Rimmel StayMatte powder lately. It is handy to use with this brush and gives just the light touch I need for summer; but this brush makes the application flawless, depositing just the right amount of product.

Kudos to everyone for finding another great tool for my makeup lemmings! continued >>

on 7/1/2006 12:18:00 AM

I bought the generic one off ebay too! I was skeptical about buying a generic brush on ebay, but it's not that bad. The bristles are very soft and applies MMU very well. Mine actually shed a little before the first wash. Afterwards, it shed a few more hairs even though I was very gentle with the washing. I took off a lippy because it lost a bit of its shape after it dried; it became kinda poofy. I put it back in the original packaging (good thing I kept that plastic thing!) for a while, and now its good to go! If I have to do that after every wash/drying, I may just use this for travel and buy another brush for everyday use. I said I'd repurchase, but if I ever lose or break this, I might not.

on 6/23/2006 2:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Thanks to the tips of of MUA, I bought the generic version of the Pretty Pretty brush off of ebay! You can find it listed as the "Ultimate Buffer". Man! What a find. This little brush is sooooooo soft, buffs MMU like a dream, washes up easily, & hardly ever sheds. I highly recommend this brush & I would repurchase in a heartbeat.

Popular Makeup Brushes