September 2, 2014 | 1919 users online

Stick - Napoleon Perdis - Stick Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 7:09:00 PM More reviews by snowflake91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is amazing for winter when I need a bit more coverage and start getting dry patches on my face. It's wax based and stays perfect all day, I feel like it's water resistant as well. Definitely need a brush with this, fingers are too difficult.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2014 1:31:00 PM More reviews by karenayala13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I was a die hard NP fan for the past few years. That is until I found out they repackage their makeup. :'( I've used their camera finish powder, pro palette concealer and foundation stick. From what I've researched the same concealer which I've purchased for a high pricetag I can buy for 1/3 of the price. Ugg I'm still in disbelief!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2014 1:41:00 AM More reviews by Rachel1234

UPDATE (3/24/14): It is with a heavy heart that I must update this review and knock off 1 lippy. After using this Stick Foundation everyday for a month I realize that this foundation is making my skin break out. I really didn't want to believe it was this foundation, so first I changed moisturizers (hoping it was just the moisturizer). I continued to break out. Then I changed primers. I continued to break out. I changed powder. I continued to break out. I even changed cleansers. But I continued to break out. I REALLY didn't want the culprit to be this stick foundation! I love this foundation. But there was nothing left to do ..... I removed this foundation. Guess what? My skin cleared up. Ugh. Figures. Just to be sure, I used this foundation again for one day to see what would happen. Two small zits that night. So sad. :(

I am now using Shiseido's Sun Protection Stick Foundation SPF37, and really liking it. It's just as good as the Napoleon Perdis, plus it has a higher spf. The only thing is, it does not have the color range that the Napoloen one does. But if you can find a color that works for you, I think you would really enjoy it. :)

-----------------------------------------------------

Way back in the day...... In the 90's ...... I used to use and love Lancome's stick foundation. It was my Holy Grail before Holy Grail became a thing. It was so easy to use ... Just swipe on face and use fingers to blend in. Easy peasy. Looked beautiful. I was happy. :)

Then, of course, Lancome discontinued it. :( I was sad.

All these years I have searched for another foundation that I like as much, and although I found some good ones, nothing has ever lived up to that Lancome Stick Foundation of yore. Until now.

This Napoleon Perdis Stick foundation is a*w*e*s*o*m*e*!!! :D

It is creamy yet not shiny.
It is lightweight yet medium-full coverage.
It goes on like a dream - blends effortlessly.
It looks smooth and natural. (I set it with Shiseido Loose Powder, which rocks)
It does not oxidize.
It is longwearing. (as much, if not more, than mac pro longwear and ELDW)
It seems to be water resistant.

And...... IT APPEARS THAT ALL SHADES ARE NOW SPF 15. Not just a select few. Every shade at ulta was spf15.

As far as shades go:
Look 1, Look 2, Look 3, Look 4, Look 7 and Look 8 are neutral/yellow.
Look 2B, Look 3B, Look 5B and Look 6B are pink toned.

Look 1 matched me perfectly. I am NC15.

Look 1 is a classic "Ivory" color.
Look 2 is a "Peaches and Cream"/"Nude" color.
Look 3 is a medium "Buff"/"Beige" color.

And Look 2B is very pinky-porcelain. Fair-light skin with pink undertones.

Look 1 - Fair
Look 2 - Light
Look 3 - Medium
Look 4 - Tan
Look 7 - Caramel
Look 8 - Chocolate
Look 2B - Porcelain (pink)
Look 3B - Light Beige (pink)
Look 5B - Milk Chocolate (pink)
Look 6B - Dark Chocolate (pink)

I love this stick foundation. It applies in 60 seconds - i just swipe straight from the tube onto my face, and blend with my fingers, then add more on spots where I want full coverage. Then set with loose powder. Done.

The finish is beautiful. And it lasts all day. Love it even more than my mac pro longwear and ELDW. And for the record, the Napoleon Perdis Stick foundation is wayyyyyyy better than maybelline fit-me stick foundation. I tried the maybelline and it was too drying, accentuated my fine lines, and was not nearly as longwearing.

So to sum up .... Napoleon Perdis Stick foundation .... Love it.

And I am so happy to have finally found a stick foundation as good as my old lancome favorite. I hope and pray Napoleon Perdis never discontinues this .... or I swear I will cry.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2013 10:42:00 PM More reviews by OhMissJessie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using the NP Stick Foundation in Look 2B for close to two years. I discovered it in David Jones (a luxury department store in Australia) in the Aussie summer and was a die-hard fan straight away. I normally only wear this for formal occassions or at night, since I don't like wearing full foundation during the day (I normally just wear a BB cream).

THIS PRODUCT IS FOR YOU IF:
- You're wanting full coverage, because that's what it provides. It will cover every blemish, every freckle and uneven skintones.
- You want long-lasting results; this stuff doesn't budge (even in the Australian summer when temperatures are almost 40 degrees celcuis).
- You're willing to prime your face. If you don't use a primer, invest in one now. You'll need it to be able to blend this down to a point where you don't have a VFL (visible foundation line).

THIS PRODUCT IS NOT FOR YOU IF:
- You have really dry skin. I have found this to be quite drying; it works well with my combination skin (that's not super oily anyway) but I wouldn't recommend it if your skin has a tendancy to flake or look really paper-y if you wear foundation.

Hope this helps. x

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2013 4:35:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is much like the oldie but goodie- Max factor Pan Stik that started this foundation in a stick revolution.The latest Maybelline Fit Me shine free is an exact DUPE like item to this. I find it to give the EXACT buidlable full coverage, matte skin like natural finish for 1/4th the price literally. NP sells for $40 while Maybelline SF sells for less than $10, crazy. The ONLY difference is- I found a match in NP that I did NOT in SF. In my previous post I described how Maybelline SF 120-Classic Ivory was too pink & 130-Buff Beige was too dark but yellow; 125 (had it existed) would have been perfect. Anyways Napolean Perdis in Look 3 is a light to medium shade with just the right yellow undertone. Its a creamy foundation that you can glide on just the troubled areas & let the rest of your face breathe, it finishes to a powder matte natural look. I used a concealer brush to spot conceal & then beautyblender to blend in, keeps it more hygenic vs putting it straight on your face. The only con (minus the price tag) is the longevity. I answered a call with this on and after the 10 minute long conversation my cheek had transferred on to the phone :( I'm sure a primer, powder and setting spray would add to the wear of this product but that is simply too much $, effort and products for my daily liking.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2013 8:17:00 PM More reviews by burrrrsoicey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a great foundation if you want full coverage and a matte finish. It makes the skin look flawless and totally eliminates blemishes and any redness as it is so full coverage, yet it doesn't make you look cakey, it has a natural finish which i love! However I find after about an hour I notice that it looks like it is really emphasising my pores. It also settles in any wrinkles and makes my smile lines look ginormous. Although these problems can be fixed by applying finishing powder. Another thing is that the logo always wears off of the tube which makes it look old and ugly haha. But it's not a big problem. Overall a really good stick foundation. An old favourite :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2013 10:32:00 AM More reviews by emtorbz

I've been using this stick foundation for years and just realised that I've been through about 3 or 4 of them! The great thing though is that they've each lasted for ages before I've needed to replace them, so I feel this product is pretty good value for money.

I typically have combination skin which can become quite dry in winter, but this foundation seems to work for me all year round. The creamy texture seems quite thick at first but it's really easy to blend over the face (after moisturising/priming of course). It provides really great coverage, so I generally use it for weekends/special events to get a flawless-looking complexion. It's also really good for layering concealer and powder on top, you just have to ensure you don't go too heavy! It definitely lasts for hours too.

Overall a simple, but pretty great foundation. I've tried a few other foundations in recent times and am always on the lookout for the "perfect" foundation, but can see myself repurchasing this again in the future!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2013 5:43:00 AM More reviews by sophie1992

im not fussed over any makeup item thats not lipstick eyeshadow so when it comes to foundation I keep things simple!! I dont have much to hide maybe a wee bit of uneveness but even if i did this would be great. got it as a gift when i was 14 (for ball makeup) and have been buying EVER SINCE one stick lasts me about 1.5-2 years no kidding, you just swipe a bit on your face and use a foundation brush (which i got from the supermarket for a few dollars) , doesnt come off, doesnt melt off and doesnt look greasy or dry. perfect for people that want something fast and simple. will keep re buying till the end of time

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2013 11:02:00 PM More reviews by lilpuff141

A little goes a long way with this! I've never had a foundation that gave so much coverage while using so little. Although it is a bit pricy at $40 for a stick, I heard that it lasts most people for at least 6 months. It's easy to apply and I love it! However, while I have blemished skin so I love the coverage, people who don't have as much to hide might find the coverage to be too much. But overall, highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 9:25:00 AM More reviews by mskita007

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have combination skin. I was on the search for a foundation that blended well with my skin and not change colors once it oxidized. This was a GOD send!

I'd never tried a stick foundation before and was very skeptical. The MUA at Nordstrom assured me that this would satisfy all of my concerns....and it did.

I swipe the stick all over my face, then blend it with my Mary Kay (paddle) foundation brush. My look is flawless!

I learned that it doesn't matter how light or heavy you apply it, you'll still have a natural look with a matte finish. I couldn't be more happier!

I was color matched to Look 5B and I also purchased the Mineral Primer (powder) over it. It's a yellow based powder and it doesn't give that white/gray cast in pictures. For now, I will definitely repurchase. In our brutal Texas summer months, I'll just lightly apply for basic coverage and use a powder foundation to set it. We have 100+ degree temps here.

I forgot to mention this Foundation Stick also does double duty as a concealer, too. Thumbs up!