October 20, 2014 | 1971 users online

Polishes - Sally Hansen - Insta-Dri - Uptempo Plum

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2012 2:11:00 PM More reviews by 2ksmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this color~deep, dark plum/purple, with a hint of dark pink glitter. I agree with the others that the glitter is barely noticeable, but every once in a while I catch a glimpse of it in certain types of lighting. I love dark, vampy purples, and this is no exception. The formula is quite thick, and that combined with the wide brush, makes the application a little ‘sloppy’ on my shorter nails and small/narrow nail beds. But…applied with care, I really like the results. This does dry quickly, not ‘insta-dry’, but dry to the touch in 2-3 minutes. I apply 2 coats for even results, along with base/top coat. The wear time is pretty decent for a quick-dry. I get 2 days before any noticeable tip wear, and 3-4 days before any chips. It lasts about week on me, with a mid-week touch up. (I’m eager to try this with my Revlon Facets of Fuchsia as a top coat). I got this on clearance at Rite Aid, so perhaps this shade is being discontinued. I already bought a back up (for $1.24, why not!) especially since the bottle is a little smaller than standard size, though I’ve got so many nail polishes I doubt I’d ever even use one of these up.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2011 11:31:00 AM More reviews by lynowens

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first bought this, I was expecting the purple to be much more vivid and apparent when applied. However, under normal sunlight, it pretty much looks like a classic black. BUT! at certain angles under fluorescent lighting, especially at night, the purple comes to live! It's really interesting (: I love this color as my toenail color, but I didn't really like it when it was on my fingers as I found it to be a lil too boring with the old classic black. At least it shines!

Love the brush that all insta-dri polishes have! Makes application a breeze and less time consuming - so yay to that!

Won't be repurchasing though, this is gonna last me really long. Would give this a 3.5!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2011 6:47:00 PM More reviews by steph28

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this color on my toes!! Looks like classic black at night, but bright sunlight really brings out the deep purple sparkle!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2010 11:57:00 PM More reviews by Steffachino

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I originally bought this just for the color. It's a gorgeous deep plum shade with red shimmer. I tested it on my nail, and it dried in less than 30 seconds. My mind was blown! I've tried quick-dry polishes before, but nothing beats this. I usually buy OPI but that takes a while to dry. The shade selection in general couldn't compare to OPI but I will definitely be looking into more colors, and probably the top coat!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2010 10:15:00 PM More reviews by sarahcurll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

the color is really nice ( I love black.purple.deep red colors) but the color goes on thickly, it chips somehwat easily (compared to other Sally hansen polishes I have used) and the brush is TERRIBLE. I have never used a brush like this before- it is really wide and flat and makes a mess. Not a fan. It does dry quickly though, but I have to use a lot of my top coat to cover up the imperfections from the polish (bubbles). I do use 2 coats of this color and it really dries pretty quickly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2010 1:08:00 AM More reviews by JuliaLee67

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I tried (and reviewed) another Insta Dri shade, Jumpin' Jade, not expecting it to last without chipping, and I was right. However, Uptempo Plum, in spite of it being a very high-maintenance shade and prone to any chips or wear standing out, lasted on my short natural nails for four days with only VERY slight tip wear and one tiny chip (on the fourth day), It was a nice surprise, but it might be due to my application technique this time around; I didn't use a base coat, applied two coats of polish, and then a good top coat. It's a gorgeous shade, is opaque in one coat, dries fast, and I would definitely repurchase it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2010 4:05:00 AM More reviews by LolaBlue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Beautiful color, but nothing spectacular. I'm addicted to these Insta-Dri's and have several of them now; they all wear well and generally need 1 coat to achieve opacity. Once I got used to the bigger brush I've found them a lot easier to use than traditional brushes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2010 2:42:00 PM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Love the color, love how quickly this dries. Once you get used to the giant brush, it gets easier. Also, I have small nails so it takes practice, but this line would be perfect for someone with large nailbeds.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2010 11:24:00 PM More reviews by kkpeach77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like this product. I bite my nails so manicures never last too long and I needed something i could paint my nails with and not wait around for it to dry forever bc I have to reapply polish so often. My experience with quick dry nailpolishes is that they chip, and are dull, which this is neither of. It dries in one minute and COVERS IN ONE COAT!! That's the best part, I dont have time to do two coats and this dries evenly, quickly, and shiny. I have it in 4 different colors and i love it, the only part that is weird is the want is flat instead of rounded which makes wiping off excess polish a little difficult, but that's fine with me. Love this stuff.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2010 11:04:00 PM More reviews by PhillyZepFan

Just purchased on Thursday 1/21. My friend recommended it after using a bright blue color (I called it Avatar blue). She said that the one time you pull the brush to do one hand is the ONLY time you need to do so.

I wish I would have thought ahead of time to read the reviews here. I would have stuck to doing only one coat. I love all of the vampy and dark colors. This one is nice. It reminds me of an OPI color from the Russian Collection. Nice dark color with speckles of bronze with a purpley feel.

I just applied this using Creative Stickey Base Coat & a Sally Hansen Strengthening Top Coat, so I'll have to edit at some point to review it some more. Nail polish never seems to last on me. I keep my nails fairly short, although I have long nail beds. Polish either chips or peels.

I do like the brush, but it's kind of hard to get used to. Maybe with some time I might pick up another color!