August 22, 2014 | 1909 users online

Eye Primer - Laura Geller - Eye Spackle

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2013 5:32:00 AM More reviews by GirlyGirl143

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Eye primer? Maybe not. Before using this product, I was using Bare Minerals prime time or UDPP as an eye primer. I received the Laura Gellar eye spackle as a sample and was excited to try it. I have been using it for about 3 months; but keep reading....it is not what you think! Now, to be fair, eyeshadow will crease depending on your eye shape and there is not a magical potion to prevent this. However, this primer is HORRIBLE. It does nothing to enhance eyeshadow color or keep the eyeshadow on the lid. The chemical composition itself is too creamy and it takes a long time to "set". I suppose one good thing I could say is that it has no smell and lasts a long time (I have been trying to get rid of it for what seems an eternity now). Urban Decay PP is SOOO much better. The color is pale, so for myself it has worked out better as a primer for concealer. As a concealer primer I would give the product a 2 or 3, but, since it is marketed as an eye primer it will only get 1 lippie.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2012 7:28:00 PM More reviews by Walke202

I actually used Laura Geller's eye Spackle in a pen-form. You twist the bottom, and the product comes out of the top of the pen. I couldn't find this product listing on the website, so this is the closest that I came across. It seems like this one is getting crappy ratings. I have to say, though, that I love this eye primer. It works quite well for me, and I get greasy eye lids during the day, so my eye shadow gets a bit creasy. When I use this primer, my shadows look at the end of the day just as they did when I first put them on. If you haven't tried the pen formula, I would definitely go for it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2012 10:32:00 AM More reviews by Autumn13

I love a lot of Laura's product but this is not one of them and will not be repurchasing. I have oily lids and this causes creasing about 5-6 hours later. It's great if you want to use for a short period but it doesn't have longevity as some of the famous ones out there.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/3/2012 6:30:00 PM More reviews by OvaryUp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

My mom bought this and didn't like it, and passed it on to me. I think it's horrible, compared to the Too Faced primer I've always used. My shadow collects into this gross gunk in my crease pretty much immediately. Using this primer is worse than using no primer at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2011 6:10:00 AM More reviews by scarattina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

There are a lot of negative reviews for this product as an eye shadow primer, but ladies let me tell you, it is FABULOUS as an under-eye concealer primer! The best! I really can't believe my results. I got this with the spackle trio that includes the face/lip/eye primer and I couldn't be more happy. My undereye area is soft and perfectly primed for the Bobbi Brown undereye corrector I use, and I add a cream concealer on top of that then setting powder. Nothing else will keep all that crap on all day except for this primer. It also moisturizes that area and keeps from getting creases (which I fear bc of getting wrinkles).
**Even if you don't really have a problem with undereye darkness and just need a little perk me up in that area, try it! This does a pretty d*mn good job concealing my undereye area as well! Really happy with this & will repurchase 'til the end!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2011 8:08:00 PM More reviews by PomMom12

Please don't make the mistake that I made. Pass on this product if you have oily eyelids and want a primer to prevent creasing. It lasted maybe an hour.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2011 11:58:00 PM More reviews by moonbeam62

I don't remember buying this so it must have come in a kit or free with a purchase. Eye spackle is supposed to be an eyeshadow primer like UD primer potion. This is very thick and in a small pot, it goes on extremely pale. It does work as long as you use the right amount which means not putting too much on or not enough and I will continue to use it until its gone. My preference between the two would be the primer potion especially since they changed the packaging to a tube. If they hadn't I may have given a different answer since I hated the nasty doe footed applicator the former was in. I like the idea of a potted primer since you will use it all with no waste. Not sure if I would repurchase since I don't know the purchase price. I wish it went on a little darker instead of so white. It does work though and my shadow does not crease when I use it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2010 2:57:00 PM More reviews by Arenal

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use and like a bunch of Laura Geller products, but this one is a big fail. I've given it several chances, but it creases within an hour or so, and does nothing to help eye shadow last.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2010 9:01:00 PM More reviews by chiggy5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this product, it applies easily..it has a creamy texture and I have'nt experienced any creasing, I do not have oily or dry lids...though it is very humid here right now and I still have'nt experienced any creasing. The little pot will last awhile, a little bit goes a long way. It may not be for everyone because the color is on the light side but if your fair check it out.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2010 3:59:00 PM More reviews by diorbella413

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

creases way too easy