April 24, 2014 | 1875 users online

Lip Gloss - Bare Escentuals - Buxom Lips Lip Gloss - ALL

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2014 7:22:00 PM More reviews by albs

I love these glosses. I have one in Katie and one in Dolly. Katie works very well over peachy or pink lipsticks, particularly the ones that don't look very nice on me when worn alone either due to texture or colour (MAC Shy Girl, Too Faced Marshmallow Bunny). Dolly is a little deeper and I like to wear it alone. These glosses are definitely tingly on the lips, and it lasts for a long time although the tingly feeling decreases as you wear them. I don't find it uncomfortable, but it is absolutely noticeable. The texture doesn't feel overly sticky when you apply it, but your hair will stick to it if you're out in the wind and it does become slightly tackier over time. I find that the tackiness lends itself to a longer-wearing lipgloss, while still not being uncomfortable on the lips. It's a non-drying formula as well, though not necessarily moisturizing. The two that I have are sheer and both have a lot of shine and a little sparkle to them, which I've been loving lately. I'd like to pick up a shade with even more sparkle to it, but now that they're releasing 100 shades I think it'll be tricky to choose.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2014 8:52:00 PM More reviews by allycat7005

This is an okay lip gloss for me, but there are just too many things that I don't like about them. Pros: Wide variety of colors, good packaging Cons: Too sticky, leaves a burning tingling sensation (which I don't like, but everyone's different) some of the lip colors are waaay too glittery and make my lips look super dry. I think there are cheaper lip glosses that will do the same thing as this kind.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2014 9:05:00 PM More reviews by bhindhazeleyez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

These are by far my favorite glosses! I have two shades-Dolly and Sugar. They are so moisturizing! I love the minty smell. The plumping feeling is more cooling than tingling for me-I don't feel that it's painful at all. I really feel it does a good job of making my lips plumped and eliminating crevices (I suffer from extremely chapped, cracked lips). They are great worn alone or over lipsticks. I will continue to purchase again and again :)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/5/2014 8:16:00 PM More reviews by asmolkin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

It was a huge splurge at the time. I was happy to find out afterward that it was a Bare escentuals brand, my favorite high street makeup brand of all time. I am not a fan. I dont like the packaging. A lip product does not need loud packaging I prefer a more subdued packaging and a shorter tube. I want something small to fit into a little purse.

honestly, I thought the color shades would rock. I dont remember the shade I got because it is back in my apartment still which I am not currently residing in, but the shade did not rock my socks nor was it very pigmented. BUt I rarely used it. The scent is too light and too sweet. I prefer the citrusy scents in lip products. Made my lips tingle which was an unnecessary and unnatural feeling for me..I am going to stick to rimmel lip gloss and lipsticks. I don't like mac lipsticks either because I cant deal with the vanilla chocolate sweet scents near my lips. I realize most women enjoy this, but I don't

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2014 2:34:00 PM More reviews by rockstar00

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This review is for the gorgeous "April" Buxom Lipgloss. I received "April" in a gift set and was hooked from one single application. The color is beautiful, the scent is sweet but I like it : ). The overall quality is fantastic. I am happy to always have April in my beauty arsenal.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 6:18:00 PM More reviews by misscynthia06

I have the Buxon lip gloss in "Dolly", I can honestly say it is the first gloss I have finished up in literally years. I am using the last bits down at the bottom because I just love it that much.

This gloss is smooth, shiny, long lasting, feels great on the lips and the colors are pretty and very universal. I wouldn't say this is especially pigmented, it is more of a clear gloss with beautiful hint of color with subtle glitter and shine.

I wear this with a nuetral every day look to work, I find that it lasts at least until lunch, I usually reapply once, lips are beautiful and healthy looking all day.

It isnt that cheap middle school looking glitter lip gloss, this really is a grown up professional gloss that I think almost anyone could pull off.

I wouldn't buy again, just because for $18/each i don't need any more any time soon, but I highly recommend this especially if you dont want a ton of color and like to have a shiny lip.

Also I noticed absoltely no "plumping" going on, but it does have that tingly feeling that most plumping products have, so if you dislike that feeling, avoid.

Almost forgot! This smells (and tastes) super sweet, like candy. Not in a distracting way in my opinion, just really nice and pleasant.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2014 5:41:00 PM More reviews by staci13

I love this stuff! I own this in Dolly, which is a very subtle color on my lips, but I love it. It's great for when I want a natural-but-polished sort of look. There is a bit shimmer and gloss to it, and it has a minty taste and feel that seems to plump my lips just enough. The only issue is the stickyness, it is rather sticky, but I seem to experience this with most Bare Escentuals lipglosses.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2014 6:13:00 PM More reviews by ang3lwithashotgun

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got this is Trixie with is a beautiful pink. It's definitely MY FAVOURITE all time gloss (with amway's Artistry light up lip gloss in second). I got introduced to it by a friend and was hooked. The colour stays on for about 4 hours (not including eating, just drinking) and it gives my lips colour but not a ridiculous amount. I don't find it too sticky, and it's perfect for every thing, wearing it on it's own to school or on top of lipstick. I actually love the tingle and the vanilla smell.

Now the con, the pricing. As a student, frankly I can't afford to be spending over $20 on a lip gloss ($23 at Sephora Canada) but the value is insanely good. I'm running a little low currently so I will be saving up for a new one (and repurchasing) and in the mean time maybe trying other glosses.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2014 8:41:00 PM More reviews by WynterOlly

I am in LOVE with these glosses! Gorgeous colors, wears for a long time, non-sticky and very hydrating. I have "Samantha" (a pale frosted pink, looks good year round) and "Dolly" (a shimmery muted muave, looks amazing when I'm tan!) All the colors have a lovely cooling Menthol effect to them. I adore these glosses, they are my HG lip makeups as of now. I'm bringing "Dolly" to NYC with me for the super bowl!!!(:

Ps....when I'm broke, the Almay Color+Care glosses are REALLY similar. Not as refreshing nor long lasting, but still a really good gloss! My second favorite!(:

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2014 1:51:00 PM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I keep buying these glosses. Oh my goodness. I'm addicted. It's bad. No it isn't.
This is a review for Starr, which is part of the Diamond collection of these glosses.
I currently have Bunny and April, and in the past, I've had Laura, Gabby, Dani, and Clair. They've all been amazing. So of course, I had high expectations of Starr.
Those expectations have been met. Just as I suspected.
Starr is a gorgeous mid-toned plummy mauve with iridescent bronzey glitter running throughout. It looks quite dark in the tube, but applies sheer, allowing the glitter to really shine, though it doesn't feel gritty at all.
The texture is thick and somewhat sticky, which is a constant among these glosses, but it's still smooth and extremely moisturizing. I'm always in awe of the amazing level of hydration these glosses provide. I'm convinced still that it's the moisturizing properties and not whatever ingredients cause that wonderful tingle that I love so much. But hey, the tingle is fun (for me) so I see that as an added bonus.
Love the packaging (always do - basic doe-foot applicators are always a win), the price is high (but not offensively so, especially since this gloss out-performs all others), and I will repurchase from this line as long as they are available. These really are the only glosses for me.