Bare Escentuals Buxom Lips Lip Gloss - ALL

4.2

on 2/8/2015 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I have two versions and shades of this. I have the Full On Lip Polish in Brandi, which is a brownish deep red with sparkle. I don't care much for the color (I got it on sale for $5) but the formula is amazing! It's super shiny and somehow smooths out my lips. If my lips start out flaky and gross, by the end of using this they are smooth and feel amazing. I'm not sure about the plumping effect this claims to have but I don't really but lip glosses for that so I don't care. I give this formula 4 lippies only because it is a little sheer for my taste but the problem is it isn't buildable. Also, it doesn't last through eating and drinking which I expect out of high end lip glosses. The other one I have is a Full Bodied Lip Gloss in Hey Baby, which is a sort of light-medium bubblegum pink color. This one really is full bodied and offers moisturizing, shiny lip color that is semi-opaque. This formula is also amazing and feels amazing. It doesn't emphasize flakes or patches. I give this 4 lippies just because it doesn't last through eating and drinking which, again, I expect from high end lip glosses. All in all though, awesome products.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

NW13.

I have this in two shades: White Russian (my HG nude lip gloss) and Pink Lady. Pink Lady is a milky medium pink shade, but due to the mint tingle, turns my lips a rosy color. Completely defeats the purpose of the pink shade. I like this lip gloss, but the Pink Lady color is a bust. White Russian is amazing, though.

on 1/14/2015 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Addictive! Most excellent!! I've had other BE glosses (not Buxom), they were really nice but kinda forgettable...I never went out of my way to actually buy them (they always came in sets w BareMinerals foundations), but I got Sephora VIB Haute Pink Lips set today ("a 3 piece mini lip collection of new shades") which has Full On Lip Polish in Nicole, Full Bodied Lip Gloss in Sweet Thing, & Full Bodied Lipstick in Mistress. What a way to get people addicted by offering "free" lippie sets! Very clever, Sephora! Not sure if I used VIB Rouge points to get it or if it was complimentary coz my Daddy went to Sephora to get me some other items & he came home with this most excellent surprise!! I am wearing Nicole which is bright pink watermelon in the tube (almost scarily to me, I like colors like Stila Kitten or MAC Myth usually), but it turned out to be not too bright, extremely shiny & oh I love the Peppermint! The tingle is still there over an hour later. I am afraid to lick my lips lol I don't want this going down my throat so I can't comment on flavor but I am addicted to this tingle! I am definitely going to sephora .com after I get done w MUA & look for a set. Sephora, ur a sneaky one! I would rather have this lipgloss than MAC, Stila LipGlaze or VS BeautyRush glosses (my 3 standby faves!), atm u could say I am obsessing! I love trying new things. The only other plumping gloss I've bought in the relatively recent past was NYC & it's shite compared to this. This stuff is awesome. I never thought I'd actually rave about BE & also Buxom is such a cute gimmicky name. Luv the packaging & tingle. Downright addictive, where were these glosses all of my life & how did I ever manage w/o them?! Downtown triple crown!!

Buxom lip pollish only have expanded and progressed over the past few years since i first tried it at Ulta. I came to adore their lip polish shades in jennifer, and dolly!

on 10/5/2014 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

Officially in love! These lip glosses are creamy, moisturizing, extremely comfortable on the lips and have the perfect amount of pigment. They aren't goopy or sticky at all. The colors are absolutely beautiful. My favorite is Sophia. The glosses are pigmented, creamy and very long lasting. The tingly feeling you feel is refreshing and doesn't feel like burning. Holy grail lip glosses! Highly recommend to everyone!

This actually works semi-decent as a lip plumper, rather than swiping on as a glorified lip gloss with a tingly sensation. My lips, for general reference, are not flat, thin or weak. Rather I have nice plump natural lips, but I wanted a little extra something something for special occasions. The shade I had was a gorgeous coral pink, very luscious formula that swipes on very beautifully and coats your lips in a not too sticky but not too runny way. It tingles and feels very refreshing upon contact. I love it. And it does give your lips that bee-stung look, with a wash of color, my choice being a pinky-gold coral that looked positively beautiful on my light skin with olive undertones..the change is very subtle at best...don't expect to look like Angelina. But if you need a gloss with a little extra something for special (or everyday) usage, give Buxom a try. Buxom is a fitting name. And I like the tube for some reason. It's very kitschy and cute. In comparison to the couple other plumpers I have used, this one is the most effective. I would repurchase if it's on sale or there's a deal going at Ulta or Sephora, amazon etc, but not go out of my way to buy.

I have this in the shade ooh la la and I have crazy dry chapped lips ESPECIALLY in winter, so when I put this on in the winter, my lips were immediately moisturized and as weird as it sounds there is a tingle that you feel in your lips, not bad but you can feel it moisturizing your lips! Pros: - Moisturizing - Nice bright shade - Easy to apply - Many shades it comes in Cons: - A Bit Pricey - Small Package

on 7/4/2014 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I love the formula and colors but absolutely hate the annoying and overwhelming mint taste. Got a deluxe limited edition set as a gift and was so excited to try for the first time. These mint bombs are going to the Queens I know.

on 5/20/2014 1:10:00 AM

I bought this in a color value pack, smaller sized to sample color. The formula was okay, but did not increase the size of them. Just made them feel hot, temperature-wise.

on 5/4/2014 2:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I agree with everyone else it's a great gloss but pretty pricey... I have White Russian and I like it but it's not something I will run out and by again, it didn't last that long on my lips either it lasts a little longer when I put it over lipstick, overall it's a pretty cool gloss but will I repurchase,? Probably not. Unless there is a sale...

Recommended for Medium Skin