October 25, 2014 | 1073 users online

Moisturizers - L'Occitane - Shea Butter Ultra Rich Face Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2014 7:24:00 AM More reviews by Aase1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a thick, buttery cream that feels wonderful on the skin. Although it is rich it does not break out my combination skin. I usually use it at night, and occasionally on really cold days. I have used about 2/3 of the jar so far.

Do not particularly like jar packaging (unhygienic), although the jar looks really nice.

After applying, my skin looks glowing and feels soft and supple. Will likely rebuy next winter.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2014 10:53:00 AM More reviews by vatel7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

so far so good

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 7:42:00 AM More reviews by galaxy9305

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have only been using this for 2 days after asking for a free sample instore, but it is the only moisturiser that has not caused stinging and a horrible itchy red rash. I have super sensitive skin that is also very dry and have just got over a really bad reaction to face cream that I had to have steroid cream to treat. This L'Occitane cream feels very soothing and hydrating so far so fingers crossed!
I asked for a free sample because I have spent a fortune searching for suitable face creams over the years.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2013 5:39:00 AM More reviews by Leaulita

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Terrible. I loved everything about this product except for 1 thing..
The way it turned my normal, healthy skin into a pizza/volcanic eruption.

I've tried lots of face products over the years and this has to be the worst of them all. First, I started getting little bumps, but I put them down to my skin simply getting used to the product. Then 2 days later came the big ones. Huge, cystic bumps that I haven't had in years. Painful, hard, nasty, wont-come-to-a-head bumps that will take me at least 2 weeks to completely get rid of. Thank god it was just a sample sachet and not a full jar.
What a shame, I loved the texture, smell and L'Occitane's brand, but this isn't worth it, and they seriously need to look at the crap they put into this.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2013 9:44:00 AM More reviews by amysmithh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first purchased this product last year, it worked perfectly with the serum for my very dry and sensitive skin. I have tried so many products and was pretty stoked to find a product that this one worked a treat...even though the price tag was a bit high.

I repurchased it this year and noticed that they changed the packaging...I'm not sure if they're changed the ingredients but now my skin seems more dry and I am breaking out in pimples (My skin is normally just dry and doesn't break out)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2013 3:25:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I own this cream in a myriad of forms. I have this cream in the travel sizes (one is a 10 ml (.3 oz.) tube and the other is a miniature glass version of the new packaging with a metal screw-on cap (15 ml (.5 oz.)). I also own the old full-sized version (normal shaped cosmetic jar). I own the product in several different forms because I like to be able to tote the product with me comfortably in my makeup up (hence the 10 ml (.3 oz. cream), have a small quantity to stash at my boyfriend's house (hence the .5 oz. glass miniature one), and have a full-sized one available to me at home. I have to say that the packaging of all three is very nice and lends itself very well to a vanity table or a makeup bag.

I have sensitive, acne-prone skin that gets dry from all the acne treatments that I have to do. I needed something that would moisturize my face without making me break out further and without making my skin feel greasy. I tried this cream by accident and found that it was very soothing to my skin. It was especially effective when I had dead skin flaking off of my pimples, which only attracts more attention to them. This moisturizer is heavy, but I do not feel that it is greasy. It only has 25% shea butter, so it is moisturizes without feeling slick. This cream has never caused my to break out and I often use it over my acne medication to prevent redness and skin irritation. I have never had any kind of allergic reaction associated with this cream either.

One avenue worthy of investigation is the ingredient list on this product; although L'Occitane is committed to the production of natural/organic products, I find many ingredients on the list unrecognizable. It would be nice if they would offer a bit more transparency as to the function of the ingredients on the list, especially since this is marketed towards those with sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2012 10:23:00 PM More reviews by Embeth3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've just hit the bottom of the jar and I definitely will repurchase!
This is a very thick, rich white cream with an almost buttery but firm texture and it moisturizes very, very well indeed.
Despite its initial heaviness (it takes a while to absorb after application, I rub the excess over my hands) it is never overwhelming and my skin is left soft, soothed and velvety with no flakes or dry patches. It's winter here so I've been using this as a night cream fairly frequently and I've certainly noticed a difference when compared with other, less intensive products.
The only thing that doesn't thrill me is the smell, it has a quite strong powdery sweet scent but it doesn't last once it's been applied so I can live with it.
The packaging is quite simple, yet functional, a heavy clear glass jar with a pressed metal screw cap which is nice and easy to use.
Relatively expensive for a face cream, but not super extortionate like the beautifully packaged Immortelle Divine cream also in the L'Occitane range, this is a wonderful bit of luxury for dry, parched skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2011 5:50:00 PM More reviews by katy42

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have just ordered my third jar of this product. As many other reviewers have said, it is excellent for protecting and nourishing the skin in the cold winter months, or if you have very dry skin as a result of hormonal changes.
I use it at night over a serum and on very cold days mayalso put a thin layer under a SPF15 moisturiser. It stops the skin from feeling tight and dryafter a day in an air-conditioned office.
The texture is quite thick and waxy (contains 25% shea butter) so the best way to apply it is to take rub some between the fingertips to warm it up and liquify it; pat all over the face and in a few minutes come back to it to massage it in if you prefer. A bit time consuming but worth it for smooth, supple, perfectly moisturised and comfortable skin. It's not the cheapest of creams but I find that I might use half a jar during the winter months and then put it away for next year.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2011 1:59:00 PM More reviews by makeuplover89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I actually recieved two sample sizes of this and have been using it every morning and night religiously on my face for the past month and I am in love! My skin seems to drink this lotion, is the best way I can describe it. I love the scent and I love the consistency. I am saving up to purchase the full size, before the cold winter weather comes to Jersey.

I love that its not super oily and my skin just absorbs it completely. In the morning my face is sooooo soft and looks so radiant and healthy. I only have a left for 2 more uses so hopefully I can run out and get the full size soon. I love this stuff and as a girl with oily skin I feel this is not super heavy and dosent break me out. A bit pricey but I am learning that sometimes you really do get what you pay for. Drugstore moisterizers always break me out. Definitely have found my holy grail face cream, now I only need my holy grail cleanser. =]

I cant wait to try out more from L'Occitane. A special thanks to my husband that actually got me the product in the first place.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2011 7:00:00 AM More reviews by kailanbabe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have dry skin and am usually in air-conditioned environment. I have been using this for the last 2 months and it is indeed very moisturizing. I use it at night; and in the mornings, my skin doesnt feel tight. In fact it feels very soft, smooth and moisturized. The texture of this cream feels heavier compared to the immortelle very precious cream since this is after all "ultra rich" face cream. I think this is a good moisturizer for dry skin. I would re purchase it but will alternate with the immortelle very precious cream.