April 17, 2014 | 1696 users online

Eye Shadow - Revlon - Color Stay 12 Hour Eye Shadow- Steel Impressions

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2013 9:19:00 AM More reviews by Yamada70

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The green is gorgeous!
I find these palettes are pretty sheer so don't expect extreme pigmentation. The glittery black is not bad, though I find the glitters don't show up very well. I found the white to be a little chalky & gritty for my liking. The grey is quite pretty too, only warm colours work better for my skin tone. I would't repurchase because I don't think I will ever finish this palette.

Like others have mentioned, this is a pretty good palette for a smokey eye look. I often use the green to line my lower lashes instead of brown with a neutral wash of colour over my lids finished with a simple lined upper lashes :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2010 1:00:00 AM More reviews by aalmu90

This quad is excellent quality. Revlon is my favourite "drugstore brand" well except in the mascara department (you'll know what i'm talking about if you've tried their mascaras.) They never fail to impress with their 12 hour eye shadow quads. This quad is great for a Smokey eye, you're getting a butter/crème vanilla shade, a silver shade (no shimmer), a pretty sparkly black and the cream of the crop - a beautiful emerald green shade! The pigmentation on these shadows is superb, although their not as smooth and velvety as some of my other revlon quads. I have created beautiful dramatic looks with this using the black in the crease and simple everyday neutral eyes using the black as liner. As for the staying power- I wear a primer underneath all my shadows so I can't really say how long they'll last without a primer. With a primer however they last all day, with no creasing or fading.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2009 1:06:00 AM More reviews by missyangel

this product is good for a dramatic look.. the colors are a bit dark & heavy but its still good to mix n match it with any other eyeshadows

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2009 1:04:00 AM More reviews by xcourtney3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I guess I'm the minority here. I bought this quad because of the green and silver/gray. the black was a plus too. I really love it. The colors all work very well for me, even without using a primer. I also think the colors compliment each other nicely. I would repurchase if I ever use this one up.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2009 3:25:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

I searched for two days to find somewhere that sold this quad, mostly because of the green eyeshadow. I am so disappointed! The white color is nice, and probably the one I will use the most. This doesn't go on too opaque, so it still looks sheer no matter how much you apply. The silver is very nice and looks quite true to the color in the pan when applied. Shimmery but not chunky glitter. I have had this on for about 10 hours now, and this color in particular has faded to a pretty grey with hardly any shimmer. Both the white and silver shadows in this quad are decent, but nothing out of the ordinary. I own an Almay eyeshadow trio with almost identical shades and these are much more pigmented. The green is shimmery but not as metallic as I had hoped it would be. Against my skin, this doesn't look too good when worn as an eyeshadow. I am wearing it as a liner and this does look considerably better. The color is still as vibrant as when I put it on this morning, and it hasn't faded at all. The glittery black does not look great as a liner due to the lack of pigment. This goes on as a patchy dark grey color and fades very fast. Overall I don't think I will be buying this particular quad again. Revlon Colorstay do a great Teal eyeliner which is practically the same color as the green in this quad and I would much rather use that than this eyeshadow. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 6/13/2009 9:49:00 AM More reviews by amberhurley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

didnt like it much, didnt blend well at all and the colors were too heavy

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2009 9:25:00 AM More reviews by ricerice

I wouldn't buy this quad again because it's just not that great. The first colour which i use as a highlighter doesn't really highlight all that well. The silver/grey colour comes up as shimmers and you can barely see the silver. The emerald green doesn't show up as you see it in the pan, it's more of a blueish green than a rich emerald green on my eyelids. The black is decent, i found it hard to blend with other eyeshadows when used in my outer v. I guess the pigmentation just isn't very good and you really need to use a good base colour that would complement these colours and to make this quad work.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2008 10:21:00 PM More reviews by Katlanta

I like this quad for many reasons. The colors are wonderful, though a bit more pigment couldn't hurt. It has a shimmery black, a deep emerald green, a silver, and a white. Each color is pretty, and I love the green. Needs a good primer, or it will disappear quickly. Easily blended, gorgeous bold eye look. Cheap, but the packaging isn't good