November 23, 2014 | 961 users online

Mascara - Hourglass - Superficial

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2014 5:47:00 AM More reviews by MarianneC1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of my most faves . This mascara has a nice deep black color separates and adds volume and length to my lashes . I like it , when I run out I miss it and buy a new one right away lol

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2013 8:08:00 PM More reviews by Arpita1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What a terrible mascara. It was so dry, like there was no product in the tube. It halfway defined my lashes, it was probably the worst mascara I've ever tried. Would never purchase! It went right back to Sephora. I'll stick with Dior and Lancome... even Telescopic drugstore before this.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2013 5:36:00 PM More reviews by planetnars

I am back to amend my previous review of the product because after disliking it so strongly on my first day of trying, I decided to give it one more spin a few days later before officially returning. I am so glad that I gave it another chance! This does not add any noticeable volume to my lashes and only slightly gives me additional length but that's okay for me as my lashes are long and full to begin with. However, for those looking for something to give fullness or added length you might be disappointed. So, this has become my go to mascara for an everyday natural look. It doesn't clump or flake at all and holds my curl reasonably well; it doesn't hold it up high all day but it doesn't just cause my lashes to limp either. I would say after 6 hours I notice a lowered "curl" effect. The fact that this can stay on through a workout and not melt or flake is what convinced me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2012 2:58:00 PM More reviews by kg1883

I got this mascara free from a friend who works in the Liberty beauty hall, I'm a loyal user of Maxfactor mascaras as they have great lasting power and I'm usually pretty skeptical of other brands so I let this product linger unused in my make up bag for a while.
When I did get round to using it I was very pleasantly surprised, I like the slim brush as I don't end up bumping it around my eyes and it made my lashes look long and defined (I'm not so into 'fattened' looking lashes). It lasts the day although without flaking or smudging however if my eyes get watery (I'm a contact lens wearer) it doesn't stay put as well as my usual mascara.
Overall I think this is a great mascara and it made my lashes look exactly how I like them, however due to the price (21) I'll be sticking with my usual brand. I enjoyed using this for a change, and it felt luxurious but I can't justify spending so much on something that will go clumpy before I finish the tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2012 1:48:00 AM More reviews by prettyinpinkgloss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I can't believe this mascara doesn't have more reviews, it's fantastic. I don't have a lot of lid space so I've never been a fan of those huge brushes, I just end up with mascara everywhere. This brush is exactly like my favorite discontinued mascaras, Guerlain Divinora & Dior Ultimeyes. The brush is thin and long in a conical shape. After curling my lashes it's so easy to apply this, it doesn't smudge everywhere, I can really get to the base of my lashes with the thin brush. It holds a curl amazingly, gives great length and moderate volume. It does everything and more for my type of lashes. They are long but very straight, very light brown and blonde on the tips. With this mascara my lashes are super long and black with no clumping, even after multiple layers. The only issue I have is the price, $31.00 CDN. If you're looking for a really close inexpensive dupe I would recommend Cover Girl Lash Exact, when on sale, it's practically one fifth of the price of Superficial Lash. I highly recommend this mascara, even though the cost is high, it produces very long, dark & wispy lashes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2011 5:29:00 AM More reviews by psmitty

Wow, this is what I've been looking for! My favorite tubing mascara was discontinued and a search for a water-resistant, yet easily removed mascara seemed futile (I hated Blinc and Fiberwig). I love CG Professional and it's very smudgeproof, but still not waterproof. Diorshow, UD Cannonball, Shu Uemura, etc all smudged and I was getting sick of expensive ones that didn't work. Bobbi Brown's No Smudge works, but is too hard to remove. Enter this one. No clumps, decent volume, great length, NO SMUDGE and easy to remove. Perfect! It acts like a waterproof one, as some reviews have said on Sephora.com also. I fell asleep in it and it looked the same in the morning. It's pricey, but no more so than many and I'd happily pay for something so dependable and easy to use. It washes off easily with soap and water, so it avoids the usual lash loss and frustration of typical WP. All-in-all, I highly recommend! UPDATE: Still giving this a 5, since I love it so much- but, my tube dried out extremely quickly. I've had it about a week and a half and I'm scraping the brush around the tube for each eye. I think I picked up a lemon, will pick up another one to see. Otherwise, I absolutely love the look, gentleness and lasting power! UPDATE: I just took off a lippy, as it isn't quite as long-lasting as I thought with tears/watery eyes. I haven't had a problem overall or even sleeping, but I choked on cereal and ended up with black smears around my eyes. As if I didn't feel undignified already! Anyways, still love it, but will be cautious with watery eyes. For some reason external moisture, like mild raindrops, is ok. UPDATE: Ok, that does it. My second tube completely dried out within a few weeks. It's bone dry. I loved this at first, but I can't keep spending such a substantial amount for a product that lasts less than a month. I'm sticking with Bobbi Brown No Smudge, especially since I discovered jojoba oil and my cleanser easily remove it. Too bad, Hourglass! I thought we had something special.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2011 3:04:00 PM More reviews by aqua_star

I tried this on my most recent search for the "perfect" mascara. While this one worked better for me than the Film Noir, it was still not great. This one held a curl slightly better and was not hard to re-curl due to the lighter formula, but there was not enough thickening for my taste (in fact, when I went to Chanel to try out their Inimitable--which I love--the SA didn't even realize I had other mascara on already).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2011 12:36:00 PM More reviews by alyssamc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a new mascara to use after buying what seemed to be a bad batch of Too Faced mascara and Hourglass Superficial Lash was recommended to me at my local Sephora. Needless to say, it doesn't quite add the body and volume the girl thought it would but it does make an awesome, long-lasting daily mascara. It doesn't smudge and I haven't had any issues with clumping. I also use on both my upper and lower lashes -- something I wasn't able to do with my Too Faced mascara -- and they look incredibly natural. It is a little on the pricier side, making it a mascara that, if you've already got a decent drugstore standby, you'll probably want to skip. But for someone like me whose struggled in the past to find a reliable daily mascara drugstore or premium, this is well worth its price.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2011 12:54:00 AM More reviews by nikkylynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Got a sample of it from the Sephora mascara samplers. Honestly, out of all of the samplers, this one was definitely the best in terms of NO SMUDGE. I'm gonna admit that there are better products out there for better volume/length effects, but honestly, if you're looking for a mascara that wouldn't require you to constantly check to see if there's smudge under your eyes, THIS IS THE PRODUCT! it still does a great job in volumizing and lengthening, but the no smudge-ness won me over! totally recommend this if you've got a few extra bucks to spend :P (it's on the pricey side..)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2011 1:30:00 PM More reviews by signsoflife

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm bored with my HG so I thought I'd try this. The formula is thicker and waxier than I'm accustomed to and the brush bristles are shorter than normal, but not in a bad way. The formula also has little pieces to extend your lashes, which for me is always a plus. Unfortunately for me, it still smudged within an hour or two and when it finally migrates into your eye, it stings really bad! So while I really wanted to like this, I won't be repurchasing.