September 2, 2014 | 1556 users online

Eyes - Laura Mercier - Eye Basics in Eyebright

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2014 9:42:00 AM More reviews by tealeafy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

As eyeshadow base, this product is not very effective : my eyeshadows tend to crease by mid-day, plus it actually dulls the pigment quite a bit (making any frostiness stand out).
However, I use it to tone down the red/orange/purple in some of my taupe eyeshadows, and for that it works really well (if one can live with the negative aspects of the product).

On its own, it's pretty ugly, unless you are into blueish tinged eyelids... For a smooth, polished naked eye, this doesn't do the trick. Il also tried this product in Linen, and it works a little better, but it is far from the best.

When it's finished, I won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is what it says! You can use it as a lid primer, for the inner corners, or for a primer under the eyes. I haven't found anything like this from other brands. I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2012 2:44:00 PM More reviews by sudali

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I was a little skeptical about this really working at brightening your eyes. I was terrified at how blue it is lol but it actually works!!! I can wear this alone and look totally well rested or I can wear this under a shadow as a primer & dab a lil in my inner corner of my eye & voila: instant pick me up! You really can't go wrong with Laura Mercier, she knows her stuff!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2010 7:50:00 PM More reviews by MackMimiMommy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a blue eye primer. It comes in a tube with a sponge applicator (like a typical lip gloss).

This does do what is says it is going to do. My eye lids were bright. I just did not like the overall look once shadow was applied. A matte concealer works better for my eyes. With a concealer, you know what kind of color you will end up with. With Eyebright, it's unknown until the shadow is applied and you see the end result.

On the "bright" side, my eye makeup did not crease and color (as odd as it was) did last all day.

Not a big fan of the Eyebright.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2009 2:15:00 PM More reviews by Jamie5560

Ok, I really got on a LM kick, and purchased her products exclusively. It wasn't until I started trying some other brands, that I realized how "not special" these are. She may have great colors, but some of the products way overpriced, and way over rated. I tried this as a primer, as I my eye shadow never stays in place. I have fairly oily lids, and they tend to get rather red/pink as the day goes on. Thought the blue color would counteract this. I DO NOT like this product. In fact, I think it is crap. It does not help your shadow to stay on longer, and contributes to the creasing and sliding of eyeshadow. I did not feel so strongly about this, until I tried Urban Decay's primer potion. It made a WORLD of difference. Granted one product is not for everyone, and you may find that LM works for you, however, I will not be going back to this product, ever. UD's primer is far superior for managing redness, and for staying power of eye shadow for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2008 9:12:00 PM More reviews by Jenesis914

I've been looking for a product that will brighten and illuminate my eye area like you see on the people in magazines/tv/movies. I was skeptical about the blue tone emphasizing the dark circles but this seemed to cover it and actually do what I've been looking for! I look so well rested! The reviews on here are saying theirs dried up too quickly and I'm thinking it would help make the entire tube last longer if the product was applied onto the back of the hand and closed immediately. Then just apply the product from the hand to the eye.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2008 12:36:00 AM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Well, this is an interesting little product! I got a deluxe sample from Sephora and was hesitant to try it, but now I'm loving it. It's a light-blue version of LM's Eye Basics, and it's very much like UD's PP with a twist. I'm a C 30, Stila C, and I thought this would be glaringly obvious on me. It's not--if applied sparingly, blended well, and set with a bit of powder. It really does brighten the eye area, and since I have deep-set eyes and am of a certain age, this is a great thing. You can use it all the way up to the brow, or just on the lids for a little brightening. Like UD PP, you need to apply a minimal amount and blend quickly.

This product either has more coverage than UD PP or the color does some serious optical disguising, because this COMPLETELY covers the discoloration on my lids (PP doesn't) and makes me look far more awake than I normally do. And back to the deep-set eyes--I find I can wear darker shadows than I normally can over this, The brightening effect lightens the color of a sheer dusting of shadow a bit. I've also mixed this with UD PP to tone down the blueness/brightening, and it is a stellar combination. A tiny bit of this really helps PP give more coverage and you get the brightening effect but at a lower level. You just need to mix and apply quickly since both dry so fast.

If you are of a certain age, have deep-set eyes, or have a lot of lid discoloration, I highly recommend this product. If not, you probably won't like it much or find it worth the price ($24 for 0.18 oz.).

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No