September 17, 2014 | 756 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - Gentle Lentil solid shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2013 11:20:00 PM More reviews by Lewellenkelli

Smells of vanilla but not over powering. It's moisturizing more then normal shampoo I would say. I would say its a good deep clean but gentle where you could wash your hair everyday if you need to. My son like it cause he doesn't need to use conditioner with it so bathing goes faster.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2013 7:46:00 PM More reviews by amyhuskiewicz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This,comes in irregularly shaped chunks as opposed to the pucks that most of LUSH's solid shampoos come in. I usually break my chunk into 2-3 smaller chunks and use one at a time to prevent premature melting and so I have smaller pieces to travel with.
First of all, this is a great travel shampoo because it is not liquid and can go right in your carry-on. Secondly, I think it is a great shampoo, period.
It smells delish - like a soft vanilla. It lathers richly on my wet hair with a few rubs across my scalp. It is creamy and moisturizing and leaves my hair soft. I noticed the wonderful difference right away when I came back to it after using a different shampoo. I always use conditioner afterwards (I have a lot of fine, wavy, tangly hair) and have not experienced waxy build-up or loss of body. I find this to be gentle, as the name implies, and it is my favorite solid shampoo. I don't use styling products, so perhaps it may be too gentle for those who do.
A good sized chunk can last for months, although if you leave it out in the shower you will lose some to melting - so get something to store it in and you'll be fine!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2012 3:15:00 PM More reviews by bamaRN37

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Got a sample and fell in love so I bought a full size piece. This is incredibly gentle yet moisturizing! It smells like vanilla and chocolate to me. One piece will last you forever. Made my hair soft and the packaging is great.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2010 6:18:00 PM More reviews by violet_avalon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't expect my favourite Lush shampoo to be this Retro item when I bought it. I was looking for a gentle shampoo to give my hair a break and I was marveled by the results of this.
To start off, my whole bedroom smells wonderfully of vanilla because I keep a piece stored in a box. This comes in a big slab and I easily cut it into 3 pieces with a knife, since it was really fresh. The shampoo is yellow and contains some lentils spread on it - they can get in your hair but when you rinse it or comb it they easily come off.
This lathers really well (even if these solid shampoos in chunks seem to lather less than the little round ones), makes it easy to detangle my hair and a soft scent of vanilla lingers in the hair afterwards. The result is soft, shiny hair. I like to use this with Jungle conditioner. I'm afraid this will be discontinued so I might stock up soon. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2010 11:40:00 PM More reviews by MissButtons

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I know some people freak out about this because LUSH isn't tested on animals, but I wash my dogs with Gentle Lentil. I have one for myself as well and it leaves my hair and my dogs smelling nice and super soft. I love their shampoo bars!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2009 2:09:00 PM More reviews by nakeeyark

i ordered gentle lentil from the LUSH UK retro website and really wanted to love it. the smell is wonderful, a soothing, warm vanilla and milk scent that perfumes my entire bathroom, and the texture is creamy, far creamier than the shampoo bar i usually use (LUSH seanik). however, after just two uses gentle lentil started to weigh my hair down, stripping it of any body and making it look a bit dull. for reference, i am asian-american and have shoulder-length fine hair (and a lot of it), and i think this shampoo would probably work best for those who have thicker, coarser hair -- ive broken the shampoo bar into two bits, one for my brother and one for my boyfriend, so hopefully they will have better results. and i am giving gentle lentil 3 stars because i found a use for it if neither of them likes it: shaving! because it is so creamy and lathers up so nicely, it works as an excellent shaving cream (and i have read others use it as a soap). unfortunately, this is the first LUSH product ive tried that i would not rebuy.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2009 4:34:00 PM More reviews by Jennstarr12

This is a solid shampoo bar but it i not the same as the shampoo pucks also sold by Lush. This is a product that currently can only be purchased online. That being said I really like this shampoo! I have very thin very long and very fine hair. Some shampoos make my hair oily but I had no problem with this. It also smells wonderful. You will not get a great big lather out of this like other shampoos but it still works wonderfully!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2009 10:16:00 AM More reviews by ml176

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have long hair that currently is at my bra strap. It is relatively thick, and I normally use Fekkai Gloss shampoo and conditioner. I got this as a sample, and used it about 3 to 4 times. At first I thought it did a nice job of making my hair look clean. The bar makes a really good lather and it's easy to just scrub it right into your scalp. But after the third time, the top back of my head had a really gunky look to it. I guess for me, it just built up in my hair and that is why it turned gunky. I will not repurchase because I like to just do a quick wash and not have to spend a few minutes really scrubbing my head to make sure that it is completely clean.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2009 8:45:00 PM More reviews by cuddly_penguin

Have yet to try this, but for those disappointed that it's been discontinued, LUSH has brought it back for sale online (online only!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2009 4:17:00 PM More reviews by ianastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

YUM!!! To me it is very vanilla scented....similar to Soft Touch. Lathers up so nice...and leaves hair so super soft and smelling great.

I always stock up on this when it gets remade. It's even great as a soap for the body.