September 1, 2014 | 1948 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Black Funk Eye Pencil

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2012 5:53:00 PM More reviews by plasticbambi

The best thing about this eyeliner is it works well on the waterline and is the blackest of all blacks. Something I really have devoted a lot of time and money to finding but, it smudges. Usually within 10-15 minutes I have a black line in my crease which is really unsightly. So I won't be buying this product ever again. I wish MAC would make a black funk version of the power point liner :/

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2012 9:23:00 AM More reviews by chiodancrgrl23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this for free, but I would buy it. This is a very black shade of eyeliner and may be the best eyeliner I have ever used on my waterline. It glides on easily and has decent lasting power. It is better than other black eyeliners that I have used. I don't think that this is a current MAC offering, but it may come out in a limited edition collection. I would say it is much better than Smolder and better than Feline. I am reviewing it only for the waterline, but it probably smudges if used as a regular liner along the lashline since it is creamy (but not too creamy).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2011 4:06:00 PM More reviews by nirvana9

a very black black eyeliner...however it smudges badly! and it burns my eyes like crazy! can never wear it on my lower lash line..i only use on my upper when i want a a really dark smeared look.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2011 9:24:00 AM More reviews by girrl65

Wow, this is drugstore quality! It is sooooooo smudgy and transfers to my crease and brow bone area. It even ran under my eye and I didn't touch it...nor was it a hot day. Ughhhhhh..... I like that it is the blackest black, but it is too wet for my taste. It does do a good job on the waterline though. This one is a fail.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2010 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Roxxy6341

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I dont know why this product has gotten so many negative reviews! I love this liner. Its creamy, easy to apply and is possibly the darkest black.
I dont have a problem with it smudging, yes it can run a bit if you don't seal it w/ black eyeshadow. Overall this liner beats out MUFE and Urban Decay for me.
I will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2009 7:26:00 AM More reviews by atbmeg

It is a good pencil because it is soft and creamy. The color is a nice rich black, but it just doesn't have any staying power I do like to use it when I am practicing looks. I recieved it in a set so no problem just using it for fun

I have come to the realization that this is a pencil that is made for smudging. I know this sound stupid, but I was never into smudge looks, 'till I did one the other day. This pencil is perfect for that. Just set it after wards with some eyeshadow. I personally would pay because I know there are other black pencil liners that do the same thing for a lot less. But because I got this in a set I use it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2009 12:27:00 PM More reviews by L22nene

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received this in one of the Adoring Carmine (not completely sure of the name) face product sets, and I was really surprised when I applied it. Very creamy and easy to apply. However, I wore this all day and by mid day, it started smudging! BIGTIME! I looked like I had been crying - just a huge mess and not good at all! I decided to try this again on another day and same results! I definitely would not purchase this again on it's own! I have better luck with drugstore liners!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2009 12:42:00 AM More reviews by talibear

The eyeliner is the creamiest thing I've ever used! The second you touch it to your eye, it's like you're using a liquid liner--the color practically drips out of the pencil on your waterline! It is a VERY dark, rich black, and the line the pencil makes can be a simple thin dark line, or more smoldery and/or thick, depending on your look.

I liked it because when the pencil is sharpened to a good point, I am able to draw a really nice line wherever I need; because the color is deposited so easily, there is no need to tug, pull, or drag the pencil around your eye, which results in easy, precise application.

It is definitely not smudge proof--however, if you don't touch your eyes, it doesn't go anywhere. It's only when you touch or play with the liner that it transfers, albeit easily.

All in all I think it is a LOVELY eyeliner-it's a rich color, easy to use, and pretty much stays where you ask it to. Granted I got it free in a MAC holiday set this year, but if I'm ever in the market for a black liner again, this one will definitely be on my list to come back to.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2008 6:31:00 PM More reviews by click

This really is a rich black colour going on, however, it won't stay in place! I put it on and I end up with black EVERYWHERE. My lids, undereye area, browbone (!!)...if it would stay put it would be gorgeous. Every time I have used it though, it's taken me ages to clean up all the smudging and in the process ruins the rest of the makeup I have on. Won't repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2008 7:44:00 AM More reviews by kathhh

Creamy, wouldn't tug at eyelids, and simply the blackest, richest black that you could ever dream of.
However, it is EXTREMELY smudgeable.. one of the most smudgeable eyeliners i've ever tried. If i draw a line, then lightly drag my finger across it in another direction, it transfers across. I for one don't like my eyeliner smudging, but that's purely personal, and is the reason why i took off 2 lippies.