November 24, 2014 | 1970 users online

Bath Treatments - LUSH - Blue Skies bubble bar

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2014 12:39:00 PM More reviews by graceybaby8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the 3rd bubble bar I tried from lush...and I bought this for just under $11 CAD.
This product smells like Patchouli and Frankincense.... which reminds me of the stuff churches smell like during Christmas... I tried this bubble bar because the staff recommended it...
The bar is very large, so I divide mine into quarters and I get lots of bubbles even with just 1/4 of the bar... But if I'm feeling luxurious I will use 1/2 the bubble bar. It also makes lots of bubbles and turns my water blue! I also like the fact it doesn't stain my tub like some lush bath products.
This bubble bar is not my favourite bubble bar though... something in it made my skin kinda irritated... I'm not sure if it's the Frankincense oil or the patchouli... I still have 1/2 of the bar left, so I'll test it again...

also, this product is not very moisturizing (and I have dry slightly sensitive skin), so I make a bath cocktail... I mix in 1/2 or 1/4 of a bubble bar, 1/2 or 1/4 of a bath bomb and 1/2 or 1/4 of a bath melt together...
And TADA!! "lush bath cocktail". I tend not to use whole bars or bombs or melts during 1 bath because the scent from each product starts to get overwhelming. Especially with this scent...I found it slightly too strong... I'm not sure if I'll purchase it again... I'm still on the fence... I prefer my comforter and mr. brightside over this product...

Ps: I store my bath bubble bars, bath bombs and bath melts inside ziplock backs (I re-use the bags) and then place all my lush goodies in large plastic storage containers.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2014 3:38:00 PM More reviews by lydiaie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

like all lush products it just comes in recycled grease proof paper.
it smells so so so good, and produces lovely bubbles.
i've been using it for over ten years, my family home always smells of it. it smells like frankincense - it smells expensive. a little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 1:44:00 PM More reviews by emmcgoldrick

Absolutely love this. Turns the water and amazing blue colour, smells delicious and warm, and leaves my skin feeling lovely. Doesn't make as much bubbles As other bars such as the comforter but it's still so so lovely!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2013 7:36:00 AM More reviews by Linanxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

ik think this bubble bar smells AMAZING!!!! the scent is so gorgeous <3 but i'm disappointed of the amout of bubbles it makes. I think this is not the best bubble bar but eh this one is definitely not bad!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 6:33:00 PM More reviews by midwintereyes

this is the lush product I've been coming back for since I was first introduced to them in 2006.

I don't have it cut, I break it into small chunks and usually I can get about 6 or 7 baths out of it. it smells like frankensense and myrh with a bit of cinnamon thrown in. it's like a dark room from the 60's and I just love it.

my only problem is the sucker dries out quick which makes it hard to break. I think I need to keep it in Tupperware or something. otherwise I simply adore this thing!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2013 12:20:00 AM More reviews by jumbojuice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like the smell, the bubbles, and the color. It's a great for bubble baths. I break it up into chunks with a knife and I can get a lot of baths out of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 3:15:00 AM More reviews by kykelly322

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Whoa. Where to start with this. This was my first bubble bar from LUSH and I was in Aawww. If you like patchouli, this is a winner. I only used a half dollar size of the bar and my tub was filled with bubbles and the scent was crazy strong! The water was sapphire blue which reminded me of Cancun. After 10 minutes the patchouli scent turned into a sweet scent that was comforting. When I got out of the tub my skin was soft and heavily fragranced, but not sickening. My tub wasn't stained blue ( bonus) and my bathroom smelled heavenly even into the next night! My husband who hates patchouli even said he loved the scent! This bar is a big winner with the bubbles, the scent, and the usage.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/17/2012 7:44:00 AM More reviews by lizziepearl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I heard a bad review about this product on YouTube, and they were right. This bubble bar smells like dirt. Wouldn't buy again, sorry Lush!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2012 10:09:00 AM More reviews by bleuday

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Oh, my inner hippie chick-goddess-devi LOVES this.

I have the store cut in quarters for me .... as other reviewers have written, you can probably get buy with a fifth of a bar, however, and still luxuriate. Make sure to have the store cut it for you, to avoid waste. Start with a quarter of a bar.

If you love a good woody frankincense, myrrh, and patchouli to blend your cares away, this one's for you.

Light about forty candles, put a quarter of a cube in the tub, put your hair up, slather on a good mask, sink into the water, close your eyes, and feel like Cleopatra.

This ie exactly the kind of fragrance that harkens back to old Egypt.

Definitely feeds your inner Goddess.

p.s. I get plenty of long lasting bubbles from a quarter of a bar .... lasts forever. Everyone's water differs, however, we have hard water here, so I think most folks should find that a quarter of a square works. Also, as it's floral free, can make for great bath sharing ...

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2012 3:27:00 AM More reviews by hrtbrkr78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

If you like patchouli, then by all means buy this in droves. If you don't stick to something else. I get nothing but patchouli in this one and a pretty blue bath isn't going to make me like it any better.