November 26, 2014 | 1105 users online

Powder - Collection 2000 - Perfecting Minerals

rated 2 of 5 on 6/9/2014 12:46:00 AM More reviews by elizabethyong

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The one I got came with a brush attached- I assume its new packaging. The powder won't come out on the brush (which was cheap and of scratchy quality), and while opening the bottle, a pile fell out and got wasted. As a regular setting powder I suppose it does its job but since this powder is supposed to be a foundation- I find it rubbish. Barely any coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2013 3:52:00 PM More reviews by mortal557

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is now my go to foundation (used to be Revon ColorStay). I have acne and a very oily t-zone and really wanted to try move away from using liquid foundations as much as possible, I'd used a mineral foundation in the past (Bare Minerals) but it made me look shiny and get oily very quick for some reason.
I was quite dubious to try a another mineral product but found this to be very good indeed, especially for the price.
The coverage is good if you use enough obviously depending on how much you want, I also use concealer first.
My tips are that this needs a good moisturiser and/or primer under it as it can stick to dry skin and look flakey.
Also the new pot with brush applicator I find terrible, little to no product comes out of the brush plus I find the brush quite scratchy, I have emptied the little pot into an old powder one and apply with a normal powder or flat top brush and this works much better.
PROS: Cheap, Good Coverage, Looks flawless over the right moisturiser/primer, Lasts well for a mineral foundation
CONS: Horrible brush applicator (for me personally), Terrible shade range (there's two...) and surprise the lightest is unfortunately a shade too dark for me, lots of neck blending to be done!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2012 3:44:00 AM More reviews by sweetlittlelies

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Yey! Me love it! It's like a godsend! :D its like amazing to have a actual powder, which if your having a 'good' day, you can wear it on your own! It also comes with a brush to put it on! And it lasts like for a eternity! Woooooooop! It gives like a medium powder coverage and lasts all day but still looks flawless but natural. It's sooo Goood and get it now! Sweetlittlelies x

For any tips, tricks or advice just message me bout it x

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2011 9:42:00 AM More reviews by CookieMonster222

I cannot believe this was discontinued!!
It's such a good powder and for such a cheap price. Luckily I'm still managing to buy pots of eBay, but once they run out I'm actually going to have to pay more than double the price for a more expensive brand one, and for less product :( I really love this powder. I use it over liquid foundation, and it's so lightweight and soft. My skin looks almost perfect and like I'm hardly wearing any make-up. The colour is a tad too dark for my skin but it gives me a more healthy colour, other than just really pale. It creates a perfect finish for my make-up that lasts nearly all day and doesn't break me out or need a lot of touch-ups. I really cannot praise it enough. The only problem I have which I would most likely have with all loose powders is that when you're applying it the powder gets everywhere!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2008 7:01:00 AM More reviews by aerobideb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Please don't be put off by this product because of its low price, its actually very good.
Anyhow, I am a bit of a 'collector' of foundation and love to try mineral makeup. Having tried lots of them and being impressed with only a few such as-Prestige minerals, I have to say I think this is a really impressive mineral foundation. I use shade No 1 Ivory, which matches my nw20 complexion perfectly. The coverage is good, my redness on one cheek is minimized and my pores are less noticeable. This formulation is not glowy like so many other mmus, so that will please a lot of people who don't wish to look like Bacofoil! For its application, I make sure I am well moisturized and that the moisturizer has sunk in, then I apply my Laura Mercier mineral primer. Then I empty out sufficient powder into the lid and use my own brush (there's actually a pretty good one supplied inside the lid), give it a good swirl and apply in a circular motion layering more on in certain areas. To finish, I use Bare Minerals Mineral Veil and there it is-a lovely, natural finish. My skin does not itch and does not feel dry. I,m pleased and so is my bank balance!!
Ingredients:
Talc, Mica, Boron Nitride, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Zinc Oxide, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Diphenyl Capryl Methicone, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Methicone, BHT