Isadora Mineral Translucent Powder

1 review

Mica, Magnesium Silicate, Calcium Carbonate, Magnesium Carbonate, Zinc Oxide, Amethyst Powder, Citrine, Tourmaline [may contain: CI77891, CI77491, CI77492, CI77499, CI77007, CI77742, CI77163, CI77510, CI77288, CI77289].

I got this powder in "12 Natural" from Isadora's mineral makeup range, because their lightest mineral foundation- even though a perfect match during summer/autumn- is too yellow for my uber pale, winter complexion. I already own this powder in "13 Cool", but again- it's too dark when I'm at my palest pale. "12 Natural" is perfect for me, this time of year. It's the lightest shade in Isadora's mineral line.

This powder gives a light coverage, lighter than their mineral foundation. I don't mind that, since it's a perfect shade and the subtle pearly effect creates a nice dewy look which I don't get from the foundation. First time I put it on, I was thrilled to see the wonderful transformation - it added that something extra my skin lacks. It evens out my complexion, covers lightly, gives my T-zone that matte feel, while it creates an overall appearance of healthy glowing skin. Not a trace of orange/brown streaks often associated with mineral makeup. I even got compliments when I first started using it, so I guess I'm not the only one who noticed the transformation.

I've tried many mineral foundations & powders and this Translucent Powder is the best mineral product so far. I like how it's 100% natural and contains only minerals, no strange synthetic additives, no animal ingredients, colorants, or perfume. It might not cover all my flaws, but it never breaks me out- in fact, it acts healing and calming. My skin looks 100 times better with this on, than covered in some overpriced cakey foundation.
2010/April/02 UPDATE: So I've been using this almost every day for at least 3 years. Since then I have tried many other face powders and mineral foundations- any price range- and let me tell you, nothing comes close to this Translucent Powder by IsaDora. It is HG material and such a treasure. I always have at least 4 pans for backup. :) Porcelain pale girls with more neutral skin tone and/or yellow undertones- give this a try and thank me later. :)) continued >>