October 22, 2014 | 2006 users online

Toners - Organic Apoteke - Balancing Rose Toner

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2013 5:09:00 PM More reviews by crmelody

I really liked this product when I first bought. It smelled divine and really brightened my complexion. The effect are not long lasting, and it started to smell rancid after a while. I only got through half the bottle before it started smelling like gasoline (literally lol). Overall, it was an expensive purchase. I may try it again, but not anytime soon. If I ever use a toner again, this will be the one.

Pros: nice scent at first, brightens face
Cons: goes rancid, expensive, longterm results in question, hard to find

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2011 5:35:00 AM More reviews by MariaCamilla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This toner is great for my skin after cleansing or using a mask. It gives my skin that extra softness and it does a good job balancing my combination skin. It has a kind of herbal, but still rosy fragrance, which I really like, and I love the glass bottle. Only disadvantage is that it's kind of hard to dose, because the opening af the bottle is really big and it's hard to control the amount of toner on the cotton pad.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2010 3:24:00 AM More reviews by clearady

What a literally perfect product. I got introduced to this four months back when I was browsing Whole Foods rose products and some lady said "you really need to try this" and misted it over my back (Aaah! just lovely). Ever since that meeting, I found myself never leaving my WF without spraying it over my face.

I had been eying this toner in my ebay Watch list for a long while (2+ months). Somehow, $28 for a toner seemed just a tad too pricey (despite the appealing Rose in the title haha), and there was always something i wanted more with that thirty dollars.

I am so glad I finally buckled down and shelled out the mula $$$. I did not know what i was missing out on, truly!
This is a phenomenal product by every means, and if you notice the other reviews (all 5.0, note), they stated that toners can seem superfluous (which nearly everyone can see eye-to-eye to) and also see that one woman is on her "3rd bottle". Obviously, this is an amazing product if she's paying around $30 for a seemingly superfluous step in the cleansing system. But this is not just an extra cleansing step for a deep clean like most toners can seem made for (though it does remove any extra dirt if necessary), but it softens/soothes your skin, prevents breakouts (yeah, i said/stand by it), and upon waking (when using only this toner and JM rose face wash as cleanser), the results are very noticeable, comparable to many pricey serums but with flawless ingredients and no oily after feel. I've tried many toners, from drugstore to high end to organic, and never have I been so impressed nor noticed a difference with use and early on at that (so definitely worth the mula, not superfluous, and completely in a class all its own)! I have never met a toner with such pros and glowing qualities and it's almost magical and too good to be true (since it's rose scented, and lingers for longer than plain rosewater too :D), but no, if the Suki toner doesn't perform a miracle for me, I will be a lifelong owner of this and only this toner. I can't see my shelf without this beautiful clear bottle. If you have blemishes, mature/dry skin, just buy it and you'll thank me later. there is no way you can use this and not notice a difference; i can't say that about any other toner (and i've tried at least 20!).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2010 2:47:00 AM More reviews by Lilisea

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm on my third bottle of this toner and I really like it. It never dries me out and does a great job of removing excess cleanser and other stuff on my face. It's also perfect under my serum and cleanser. I highly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2009 11:29:00 AM More reviews by codydan85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a wonderful toner. Like the other reviewer said they packaging could be a little better (although you can request a sprayer), other than that this toner is the perfect toner for normal-dry skin.
I put some of the toner on a cotton wool pad and it helps remove any excess dirt left over from my cleanser. I think its very good for prepping the skin for the next stage of moisturisation. It seems to be quite concentrated so you only need a little of the toner. It smells absolutely divine, the smell of roses. I'd highly recommend it to anyone.

Pro's
All natural
Mostly organic
effective
beautiful smell
refreshing

Cons
Packageing

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2008 4:02:00 AM More reviews by SunnyK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Probably the best toner with a reasonable price that I have ever tried. Up to now, toners seem to fall into two general categories - reasonably effective with a pretty smell but too expensive OR inexpensive-but-minimally-effective (or ineffective). The latter often comes with an unpleasant or just-tolerable smell. This toner breaks the mold and raises the bar. If you gave me more time, I could come up with another cliche, but I digress.

The rose toner smells heavenly - rose water and rose oil bring a wonderful and uplifting fragrance to you. Not a hint of artificial anything, it seems. Its ingredient list includes: "Rosa damascena distillate, Hamamelis virginiana water, Rosa damascena oil, citrus paradis seed extract, glycerin (from veg), potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, sodium dehydroacetate, sorbic acid, citric acid, Daucus carota oil, Triticum vulgare germ oil."

What's more - my face seems like the texture is smoother and healthier. Also, it could be wishful thinking (!), but I swear that the occasional (infrequent blemish) healed faster and was less likely to scar. The toner also helps to soothe inflamed areas after a bad day (or sweaty day - like the day the A/C broke...which happened to be the same day I wore a mock t-neck to work!!!).

The only thing I would ask the mfrs. to consider is redoing (or just slightly modifying?!) the bottle. The toner comes in a glass bottle with a large mouth. I don't like sprays on toner bottles, but I also don't really care for big mouths (on bottles and on people). It would cost very little (right?) to put a flow restrictor on it - you know, one of those things that has a hole of maybe a couple of mm that lets just a small amount of liquid come out. As is, the hole is bigger than a dime, so quite a lot comes out, onto my cotton pad. I also would like to ask the mfr's to maybe consider investing in slightly better technology for the paint or decal or whatever on the outside of the bottle. It looks like the letters are rubbing off...

Nevertheless, this is a WONDERFUL toner. It costs about $36 for 125 mL. I found it at the Whole Foods. It's expensive compared to other things at the drugstore, but very reasonable compared to high-end department store lines. It's intended for "dry and sensitive skin, refines pores, and hydrates" (quoted from the box). I think it is perfectly suited for my skin type, too (which is sensitive definitely, but also combination) and indeed is beneficial for the overall health of my skin. Will certainly repurchase.