April 20, 2014 | 920 users online

Makeup Brushes - Manicare - Artiste Stippling Brush 17

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2012 8:34:00 AM More reviews by tightenedribbon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

this brush does shed a lot. i've been using it very regularly for a few months now and it still sheds a few hairs every time i use it. other than that it does a great job with my liquid foundation and is much better than the foundation brushes i've used, but i might go for a different brand next time just because of the shedding issues.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2012 7:34:00 AM More reviews by janineee

In terms of application, this brush definitely does its job - but it sheds every time I wash and use it especially when i apply my liquid foundation. I'm really half and half about this product and I'll probably won't repurchase this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2012 1:48:00 AM More reviews by ezmat

I LOVE this brush! it gives a really "airbrushed" type finish to the skin and makes blending a breeze!
The only thing is it was probably a little over-priced for the way it was packaged and the quality- but it definately does its job!
would definately re-purchase

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2011 4:13:00 AM More reviews by xjasx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is crap it gave me tiny, tiny bumps on my face after 1 week of using it.....DO NOT BUY

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2011 3:00:00 AM More reviews by anna214

I bought this to use for my more pigmented blushes. I chose it primarily because it was cheap but also because I have been pretty happy with the quality of this brand's eye brushes so I expected similar quality in this brush. It's alright but the quality is definitely less - it sheds all over the place, especially when it's washed. But I can deal with that for powder blush - it would probably be more annoying if I was using it to apply foundation.

I've been pretty happy with it but I don't use it very often - if I needed to I would probably upgrade. But for now, this does the job just fine.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2011 8:26:00 AM More reviews by youngtempest

PROS:
- You get your moneys worth: this being under $20 is cheap for a stippling brush compared to other brands of higher quality so this is a good alternative if you have just started using makeup or just want to have a try of a duo-fibre brush.
- Reasonable quality: like I said, you get your moneys worth and I believe the brush really balances with the price. The handle is sturdy, I have had no problems with the funnel. Generally, if you look after your brushes, you can get long use out of this brush.
- Comfortable handle and easy to use: I like the length and width of the handle haha! Even though this is very important, it's still a pro in my books!

CONS:
- Shedding: There is definitely not an overly amount of shedding but I have experienced light shedding every couple of uses and when I deep clean it with water.
- Can be tricky to spot clean because of the duo-fibres: I have difficulty cleaning the shorter bristles when spot cleaning. The white bristles on my brush have not stained at all and I have had this brush for over a year!//
With proper care, this brush will last the way if you don't mind occassional shedding and don't want to invest on a dearer brush. This one does it job.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2011 8:33:00 PM More reviews by Cliffe96

I love this brush. It shed a few hairs on first use, but has not lost any since. I have not seen any black dye when the brush is washed. I will definately be buying a few more of this brush.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2011 4:30:00 AM More reviews by alee26

UGH. Horrible. Sheds like crazy!! Avoid this one. Seriously.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2011 8:01:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

I generally dont like spending too much money on makeup tools, therefore I would not go out and waste my money on M.A.C brushes or so.
I have 2 brushes from the Artiste line by manicare, both face brushes, which is this one and a large powder brush. Now despite how much I look down on GLOSS (A cheap beauty store in Australia), I have to say they make some really good brushes(Actually I have no complaints about any of the brushes I got from GLOSS), at really affordable price (Not that Artiste was expensive to start with!).
Now I find with the Artiste stippling Brush, it is soo pricky it hurts my face, yes it does shed, but only to a certain point and then it stops (cause it has nothing left to shed!).
When I compare the Artiste line with the GLOSS line, GLOSS is much more better in terms of quality and also slightly cheaper.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2011 12:45:00 AM More reviews by clojo

This brush sheds like crazy and leaks dye when I wash it. Waste of money. The brushes arnt kept in packaging, they just all sit out on the display for anyone to touch. I have noticed that there are two slightly different versions of this brush (possibly a difference in manufacturing?) which might explain why some people love it and some hate it: some brushes have pure white long bristles and some have slightly off white bristles. Mine is one of the off white ones. Has anyone else noticed this?