Manicare - Artiste Stippling Brush 17

3.3

on 5/18/2014 4:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

SHEDS LIKE CRAZY! the models prefer one is much better. don't buy this. that being said i have other artiste brushes i like, just not this one

on 5/11/2014 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

I would never buy any of this brand's brushes ever again. They she'd hair like crazy and it's very annoying having to pick them off your face and out of your makeup.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

this brush does shed a lot. i've been using it very regularly for a few months now and it still sheds a few hairs every time i use it. other than that it does a great job with my liquid foundation and is much better than the foundation brushes i've used, but i might go for a different brand next time just because of the shedding issues.

on 7/25/2012 7:34:00 AM

In terms of application, this brush definitely does its job - but it sheds every time I wash and use it especially when i apply my liquid foundation. I'm really half and half about this product and I'll probably won't repurchase this product again.

on 1/14/2012 1:48:00 AM

I LOVE this brush! it gives a really "airbrushed" type finish to the skin and makes blending a breeze!
The only thing is it was probably a little over-priced for the way it was packaged and the quality- but it definately does its job!
would definately re-purchase

on 10/4/2011 4:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is crap it gave me tiny, tiny bumps on my face after 1 week of using it.....DO NOT BUY

on 10/3/2011 3:00:00 AM

I bought this to use for my more pigmented blushes. I chose it primarily because it was cheap but also because I have been pretty happy with the quality of this brand's eye brushes so I expected similar quality in this brush. It's alright but the quality is definitely less - it sheds all over the place, especially when it's washed. But I can deal with that for powder blush - it would probably be more annoying if I was using it to apply foundation.

I've been pretty happy with it but I don't use it very often - if I needed to I would probably upgrade. But for now, this does the job just fine.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

PROS:
- You get your moneys worth: this being under $20 is cheap for a stippling brush compared to other brands of higher quality so this is a good alternative if you have just started using makeup or just want to have a try of a duo-fibre brush.
- Reasonable quality: like I said, you get your moneys worth and I believe the brush really balances with the price. The handle is sturdy, I have had no problems with the funnel. Generally, if you look after your brushes, you can get long use out of this brush.
- Comfortable handle and easy to use: I like the length and width of the handle haha! Even though this is very important, it's still a pro in my books!

CONS:
- Shedding: There is definitely not an overly amount of shedding but I have experienced light shedding every couple of uses and when I deep clean it with water.
- Can be tricky to spot clean because of the duo-fibres: I have difficulty cleaning the shorter bristles when spot cleaning. The white bristles on my brush have not stained at all and I have had this brush for over a year!//
With proper care, this brush will last the way if you don't mind occassional shedding and don't want to invest on a dearer brush. This one does it job.

on 5/16/2011 8:33:00 PM

I love this brush. It shed a few hairs on first use, but has not lost any since. I have not seen any black dye when the brush is washed. I will definately be buying a few more of this brush.

on 5/9/2011 4:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

UGH. Horrible. Sheds like crazy!! Avoid this one. Seriously.