August 1, 2014 | 1645 users online

Treatments (Face) - Shiseido - Bio Performance Super Refining Essence

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2013 4:32:00 PM More reviews by christan00

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my second bottle of the Essence and my skin showed improvement in the first week when I started using it. My skin feels softer and smoothier. It evens out my skins tones (some dark and red spots). After I finished the first bottle I went about a month without using any serum and still felt my skin was great. The only complaint I have is that it is hard to tell if the product is running low until it is empty. You can't see how much is left in the bottle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2011 9:52:00 AM More reviews by insanity89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE this product. I've been using samples for about a month and Loved the way my skin felt after the first time I applied it. Will definitely buy the full size as soon as I can afford it. Love the way my skin feels after I use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2011 6:33:00 PM More reviews by Beste

Shiseido Super Refining Essence does everything what it promises. It perceptibly promotes skins own exfoliation. The product has good moisturising and energizing qualities. When you use it to much skin can get drier because of exfoliation, but every too much exfoliation does the same and this one uses the conceivable gentlest way to exfoliate. Use a good moisturiser after applying it.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2011 3:44:00 PM More reviews by MissObserver

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Have been using this product twice a day for just under a year and it hasn't made an ounce of a difference. A waste of money in my humble opinion. Was expecting a "clearer and more even toned" complexion as sold to me by the sales rep. I'll be trying the Clinique Even Better Skin Corrector next!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2011 7:48:00 AM More reviews by moofus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm not sure if this product did anything for my skin because I can't tell a difference. I didn't like its price tag that came along with it. It has a nice scent to it, absorbs pretty well and quickly into the skin but I don't think it was worth the price tag. Will not be repurchasing this one again.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2010 12:21:00 AM More reviews by pgloe16

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a full size of this product when I bought a whole lot of skincare from Shiseido. I love the Bio-Performance cream and had high hopes for this product.

The texture is very nice and smooth and absorbs well. I've used it day and night for about a month and don't see any change. On the plus side, it didn't irritate my dry, sensitive skin within seconds, like most products do. However, I have yet to see any improvements. Also, I'm not sure if it's because of the sudden fall weather, or the addition of this essence to my routine, but my skin gets tighter and drier sooner in the day, requiring me to rehydrate with moisturizer.

It may be too drying for my skin in the winter, but it should be great in the spring or summer when it's humid. The only reason why I won't buy this product again is that I just got so much of it free, it'll last me for more than a year.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2010 1:09:00 PM More reviews by lizziengaire

This is my mom's but I use it anyway because I have SUPER dry skin. What I noticed, is that it smoothes out the texture of your skin, and minimizes pores.

Love this. Even though it's not for my age.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2010 5:15:00 PM More reviews by ianastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Lightweight serum that refines skins texture, helping to minimize fine lines, pores and uneven texture.

I love this is a lightweight serum, and doesnt feel heavy or sticky on the skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2010 10:51:00 AM More reviews by siennachiu

The texture feel nice on face and not heavy at all, the serum has a very nice package too, but the point is I didn't find any improvement on my face after using a whole bottle. I would not buy it again....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2009 5:59:00 PM More reviews by kotsiros

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Pump, airtight and it delivers.I have been using for 3 weeks and it has definitely made my skin better...it's hydrated,smooth and radiant thank's to vitamin C.
Works as a serum and alone, i use it alone in the a.m. followed by a sunscreen and i'm happy.