November 23, 2014 | 2015 users online

Polishes - Zoya - Zara

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by JuniaIris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Zara is so lovely, I have not a negative thing to say about it. I have a hard time discerning whether the purple base is warm or cool because the very strong golden flash warms it up so much. It's a nice, springy, light shade of lilac. It would be pretty but nothing to write home about if that was it, but it's packed with golden shimmer that I can see at pretty much every light. It's a pretty uncommon combination.
The formula was perfect as it has been with every Zoya I own. Applied well and required no clean up. I used two thin coats and enjoy it this way, but if you have long nails with a very white free edge, you might need three. (And it's VNL, ladies, not VPL! That is something else entirely, hahaha.). The brush is nice and round and fans out well and the bottle is sturdy. It wears for three or four days with tip wear, which is excellent for me as I generally have chips within 36 hours no matter what BC/TC combination I use.
I would definitely repurchase if I ran out of my bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2012 10:28:00 PM More reviews by mya2403

Just picked this up today I adore it. Lovely grayish purple. It's a shame that zoya isn't widely available here.
4/5 because it's so hard to find in the UK.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2012 8:48:00 PM More reviews by xBubbleBathx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this shade. It's unique cause its a lilac with a pale yellowy flash. I have to admit I hate how Zoya names all their shades with first names, I like OPI's or Essie's marketing better when it comes to that.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2011 11:35:00 AM More reviews by mooseformayor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I adora Zoya Zara to bits and pieces! She is a milky kind of lilac purple. Very feminine, pretty and classy. Subtle enough to sport at a summer or springtime wedding yet still calls attention on a date or at a party. I applied just 2 coats, which gave me a still semi-transparent look. I don't mind it at all though - it actually looks good that way! Zara has these awesome rainbow-colored microglitters in her that adds to the total awesome effect. All in all, she is a very girly and timeless shade that just screams "look at me and admire!" without at all being loud, bold or over-the-top. I love Zara so much.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2011 10:32:00 PM More reviews by wildflower85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Awesome color. Purple with gold shimmer, that really shines in the sun. Like most Zoyas, the application is smooth and easy. Opaque in 3 coats, but I like it lighter and shimmery in 2.
Great color, though it wouldn't look fab on everyone. It's a cool-ish purple, while the gold seems to make it a bit warmer. I think if I were more tan it would look a little washed out, but as is, it's very attractive.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2011 7:09:00 PM More reviews by shaulablack

It doesn't stain, you can brush twice at the same place and the brush doesn't take the polish with it, it doesn't thicken, easy to clean and dries fast.

The only problem I had was that I enter the pool. My polish peeled off a nail and lost shine, becoming similar to the suede finish.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2010 1:18:00 PM More reviews by miamisparkle

This is my first Zoya product and I love the formula, it applied perfect. I love the color but not on me. I'm lightly tanned right now and this still looks washed out! I think this would look pretty on medium and dark skintones.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2010 6:17:00 AM More reviews by oosagi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this color. It was my first Zoya, and it's one of those colors that, when I'm wearing it, I can't stop looking at my nails. The gold shimmer is very pronounced, and contrasts beautifully with the purple. Soft, and work appropriate too, but intriguing at the same time.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2009 6:10:00 AM More reviews by alicia2kate

Zara is a beautiful color, the purple was lovely but the gold shimmer was a bit toooo warm for me. Quite unfortunate. I gave it away.
Good application, good brush, not too watery or streaky. I had to try 3 coats for minimal VPL.
I'll continue to try new colors from Zoya.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2009 9:48:00 PM More reviews by laru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The formula and application of this polish were great as with other Zoya polishes but this color just wasn't for me. The pale purple base was fine, but the gold shimmer overlay was slightly too warm for my NC30 skin. It made my warm toned skin look a little jaundiced and just wasn't flattering at all. I like Zoya polishes and will try more colors, but this one was just a dud for me.