Palmer's Coconut oil hair milk w/pure coconut oil

4.2

on 7/19/2015 3:42:00 PM

Nothing makes my hair look as good then when I use this, idk what it is but it makes my hair feel amazing and it smells delicious

on 4/21/2015 4:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

My new favorite product for my transitioning hair! I haven't relaxed my hair in 8 months now and one of the things i've been doing is searching for the perfect products to moisturize my wavy/curly hair, but especially the dry, relaxed ends. Well, i no longer have to look because this Replenishing Milk does the trick. I've tried gels, creams, and different brands of oils and my second-day hair post braid-outs would start getting frizzy and somewhat stiff. But since i've started using this product, i can get a 3 to 4 day look of near-fresh curls that look shiny and healthy even after sleeping on them.

First, i make sure to wash and condition appropriately, and then i dry the excess water from my hair. I then add some of the product on my damp hair (i find that it works best on wet hair since it penetrates the hair follicle faster) and rub it in from the roots to the tip, paying special attention to the ends. It defines the curls or waves very well with its natural ingredients and the moisture gets locked in. If you pair this up with a good non-alcohol styling/conditioning gel for an overnight braid-out, it will look and feel AMAZING in the morning.

I do like that it has a very light, milky coconut smell, with almost a hint of vanilla. It's pleasant and not overbearing like some of the other coconut scented products that can smell almost too overpowering and artificial. And you don't have to use a lot of the product. Over-applying can result in an overly oily feel. Anyway, i'm already thinking of buying it again once i'm done with my current bottle. The fact that it holds the definition for so long, maintains the softness, and minimizes the frizziness even after a few days of sleeping on it, has really impressed me. This one is a winner for me.

on 2/21/2014 11:48:00 AM

This product seems to work really well for my hair IF I don't apply too much! I use it before blow drying or straightening and my hair is so soft, shinty and sleek! Just make sure you don't apply too much because it will be sticky if you do. The scent is very light and smells like coconut, which I love! I would give 5 lippies if it didnt get sticky.

on 10/18/2013 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I came across this at my local Target store and decided to give it a try. I have long, color treated very curly hair that tends to frizz after the second day. I normally use a Philip Pelusi curl enhancer at $28.00 ~ what is to lose to try this at $3.99. I initially used it on my dry hair the 2nd day out from shampooing. It tamed my begininng frizzyness and gave my hair a lovely shine and softness. This was not an oily or greasy shine but more of a luster. Being blonde my hair tends to dull a few weeks after coloring. I was very impressed. I also like the light coconut scent, not overpowering at all. I used it again on clean, conditioned hair as my only styling product ~ again, I love it. I must say that I do not blow dry or use any styling tools on my hair, I let it air dry always, so I can't speak to how it works in that respect.It is a no fuss simple squeeze bottle, but it comes out perfectly and doesn't glop.Its not sticky or tacky at all, creamy and smooth.And the bottle is not to stiff to squeeze as some often are. I believe this is a dupe for a Carol's daughter product, so if you like that I'd suggest giving this a try. I am very pleased with this product and would like to see more,like a shampoo & conditioner . I would definetly purchase again.

on 7/10/2013 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have curly hair so I need to use a lot of moisture based products but I also have to be careful not to use anything too heavy because my hair is also really fine. I found this product for less then $5 at target, which would have been a steal if I saw any real difference in my hair but it seemed to do nothing. It was a little heavy on my curls but anyone with thicker hair should have no problems. All in all I won't be repurchasing.

on 3/1/2012 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

i have fine wavy hair. this product is great for keeping my hair moisturized and helps to bring out my curls and creates really good body. i apply a quarter sized amount and scrunch i into my hair. i dont wash my hair everyday. i typically shampoo twice a week. this does not weigh down my fine textured hair. i used to scrunch hand lotion into my hair but this hair moisturizer is better suited for that purpose. i like the squeeze bottle, and the scent of this product. i think it is appropriate for many different hair types, just depending on how much and how often you apply this product. also the price is vey affordable so if it doesnt work out for you, it would be great to pass along to a friend.

on 12/7/2011 8:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I like this product a lot. I have super curly, super thick 4a hair and it stands up to this lotion just fine. It is a good moisturizer that sinks into your hair as long as you don't over apply. The ingredients are good and as expected for a ~$5 bottle of product. All in all, it does the job for my hair and I am adding it to my hair lotion rotation. I will use this bottle up and buy it again.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I don't like this stuff. It weighed down my hair ALOT. I thought it would make my hair soft and shiny, but it looked greasy like I hadn't washed it. I normally wash my hair every other day, but with this stuff I got right back in my shower to wash it out. The only thing I liked about it was the great smell. Coconut smells soooo good in anything so I guess that's why.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I purchased this the other day after searching for products to use on my dry, heat damaged curly hair that I am trying to revive. I like that it is a lotion and not a serum, and it smells lovely. I apply it to damp hair and brush through before styling, and my hair smells summery all day. It doesn't look greasy, and isn't heavy so I can still get my curl to come through. I like this product so far and I am interested to see in the long term effect it will have on my hair.

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Great product.

Lightweight, but moisturizing enough. I like this formula more than their pure coconut oil that comes in a tub, which is a lot thicker and heavier and leaves my hair rather greasy no matter how little I apply.

Lovely coconut smell that lasts a lot.

I use a very small amount, rub it into my palms and work it through my hair concentrating on the ends.

Makes my hair shiny, strong and frizz free. It improved the overall appearance of my hair.

Will repurchase when I run out.

UPDATE: With continuous use this created a lot of build-up and gave me a tremendous amount of dandruff-like flakies. I was wearing black and looked over my shoulders one day and it seemed like the skies snowed over them! So make sure you clarify your hair regularly if you'll be using this a lot, and apply sparingly. Still, a great product.

Popular Styling Products