November 27, 2014 | 952 users online

Styling Products - Palmer's - Coconut oil hair milk w/pure coconut oil

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2014 11:48:00 AM More reviews by jenzbugrulz

This product seems to work really well for my hair IF I don't apply too much! I use it before blow drying or straightening and my hair is so soft, shinty and sleek! Just make sure you don't apply too much because it will be sticky if you do. The scent is very light and smells like coconut, which I love! I would give 5 lippies if it didnt get sticky.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2013 6:28:00 PM More reviews by donna409

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

I came across this at my local Target store and decided to give it a try. I have long, color treated very curly hair that tends to frizz after the second day. I normally use a Philip Pelusi curl enhancer at $28.00 ~ what is to lose to try this at $3.99. I initially used it on my dry hair the 2nd day out from shampooing. It tamed my begininng frizzyness and gave my hair a lovely shine and softness. This was not an oily or greasy shine but more of a luster. Being blonde my hair tends to dull a few weeks after coloring. I was very impressed. I also like the light coconut scent, not overpowering at all. I used it again on clean, conditioned hair as my only styling product ~ again, I love it. I must say that I do not blow dry or use any styling tools on my hair, I let it air dry always, so I can't speak to how it works in that respect.It is a no fuss simple squeeze bottle, but it comes out perfectly and doesn't glop.Its not sticky or tacky at all, creamy and smooth.And the bottle is not to stiff to squeeze as some often are. I believe this is a dupe for a Carol's daughter product, so if you like that I'd suggest giving this a try. I am very pleased with this product and would like to see more,like a shampoo & conditioner . I would definetly purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2013 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Lizzy119

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have curly hair so I need to use a lot of moisture based products but I also have to be careful not to use anything too heavy because my hair is also really fine. I found this product for less then $5 at target, which would have been a steal if I saw any real difference in my hair but it seemed to do nothing. It was a little heavy on my curls but anyone with thicker hair should have no problems. All in all I won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2012 2:03:00 PM More reviews by arikabh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i have fine wavy hair. this product is great for keeping my hair moisturized and helps to bring out my curls and creates really good body. i apply a quarter sized amount and scrunch i into my hair. i dont wash my hair everyday. i typically shampoo twice a week. this does not weigh down my fine textured hair. i used to scrunch hand lotion into my hair but this hair moisturizer is better suited for that purpose. i like the squeeze bottle, and the scent of this product. i think it is appropriate for many different hair types, just depending on how much and how often you apply this product. also the price is vey affordable so if it doesnt work out for you, it would be great to pass along to a friend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2011 8:53:00 AM More reviews by missykeyana

I like this product a lot. I have super curly, super thick 4a hair and it stands up to this lotion just fine. It is a good moisturizer that sinks into your hair as long as you don't over apply. The ingredients are good and as expected for a ~$5 bottle of product. All in all, it does the job for my hair and I am adding it to my hair lotion rotation. I will use this bottle up and buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/3/2011 11:30:00 AM More reviews by MirandaRoxx78

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't like this stuff. It weighed down my hair ALOT. I thought it would make my hair soft and shiny, but it looked greasy like I hadn't washed it. I normally wash my hair every other day, but with this stuff I got right back in my shower to wash it out. The only thing I liked about it was the great smell. Coconut smells soooo good in anything so I guess that's why.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2011 11:53:00 AM More reviews by aperfectsonnet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I purchased this the other day after searching for products to use on my dry, heat damaged curly hair that I am trying to revive. I like that it is a lotion and not a serum, and it smells lovely. I apply it to damp hair and brush through before styling, and my hair smells summery all day. It doesn't look greasy, and isn't heavy so I can still get my curl to come through. I like this product so far and I am interested to see in the long term effect it will have on my hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2010 3:41:00 PM More reviews by almond_leaves

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

Great product.

Lightweight, but moisturizing enough. I like this formula more than their pure coconut oil that comes in a tub, which is a lot thicker and heavier and leaves my hair rather greasy no matter how little I apply.

Lovely coconut smell that lasts a lot.

I use a very small amount, rub it into my palms and work it through my hair concentrating on the ends.

Makes my hair shiny, strong and frizz free. It improved the overall appearance of my hair.

Will repurchase when I run out.

UPDATE: With continuous use this created a lot of build-up and gave me a tremendous amount of dandruff-like flakies. I was wearing black and looked over my shoulders one day and it seemed like the skies snowed over them! So make sure you clarify your hair regularly if you'll be using this a lot, and apply sparingly. Still, a great product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2008 10:14:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

I found the Palmer's haircare in the African American haircare section, but I think it can be used on anyone who has thick and or dry hair. If you have thin-med. hair I would advise using a conditioning hair product and not something with oil unless it's a very light amount. I have a serious case of winter hair, and my hair is thick/color treated. It's getting dry and frizzy with static cling and sometimes I wake up and just go ugh. Other days it's so shiny and smooth, so it plays games with me. haha.. I love the smell of this and the texture. It delivers.