August 22, 2014 | 1266 users online

Eyeliner - Coastal Scents - gel eyeliner

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2013 7:39:00 AM More reviews by Pseudonormic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm not sure whyyyyyyyyy all the gel liners I bought were all dry!!! I actually love coastal scents a lot and so receiving these dry eyeliners was such a massive disappointment.
I'm just hoping I got a bad batch because it would be devastating to think otherwise.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2013 5:28:00 PM More reviews by vbaime2

LOL no. Don't buy this. Well actually it is a really good gel liner. I've done my research and it's just as dark as mac fluidline. It lasts and does not crease. Butttt it dries out after like 2 or 3 months. I had to throw mine out and it still had alot of product in it. I was upset.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2012 6:31:00 PM More reviews by Sweryn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in Sky Line and I like it a lot. The color is beautiful (a bright royal blue). I couldn't be more pleased with the color, since it's very difficult to find brands that make such gorgeous colors. It's quite creamy and glides on easily. The lasting power is not that long though, about 3-4 hours. But I think my problem is that I have extremely oily lids and nothing seems to stay there, lol.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2011 8:47:00 PM More reviews by cosec00

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!! Don't buy no matter the price. I got the true black and indigo. These are worse than tarte and stila for consistency. They are dry and not very pigmented. Also the jar was barely half full. If you are looking for a bobbi brown gel eye liner dupe, keep looking because these are a complete waste of money.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/30/2011 6:05:00 AM More reviews by hieppity

I bought Exotic, which on the website looks to be a lovely olive green colour with a golden shimmer.

Don't know what colour it'd be on my skin though, as it was totally dried out when I received it and went straight into the bin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2011 3:26:00 AM More reviews by Cailee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have two of the CS gel liners: Stellar and Exotic.

Stellar is a beautiful almost-black charcoal (a little deeper than charcoal or gunmetal grey, though) with shimmer that looks multidimensional in certain lights.

Exotic is a darkened mossy green with a slight golden shimmer. Very pretty. I reached for this one the most out of the two. I used the heck out of it! :)

What I DO like about these liners is the amazing staying power that they have, the nice range of colors they have, and, of course, the price. However, I found that it varies with the amount of product you get in each jar. My Exotic jar was almost filled to the brim, but my Stellar jar had about half that amount (the jar wasnt even filled halfway, and the jars are pretty tiny, compared to many gel liners.) If it was obvious enough for ME to notice, then it's a problem.

I read a lot of complaints about these drying out after as little as a couple weeks, and I read those complaints before I bought them. But I figured I would just use my handy dandy eye drops to save them if they ever dried out on me. Well, these liners were creamy for about a month after I got them. They dried out at the same time, oddly enough. It wasn't to the point where they just separated from the wall of the container. No, they were actually CRUMBLING each time I went to use them, and when I mixed in a couple eyedrops, they were creamy for about a week, and then they dried out again. And it was the worst consistency ever. No product would even pick up onto my liner brush. They became impossible to work with. So I will not be purchasing any more of these liners, because I feel like I wasted my money. Do not recommend at all, but I gave them a 2, because they were good while they lasted.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/10/2011 9:28:00 PM More reviews by adashofgrace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this in Sky Line, which was a GORGEOUS blue. Best blue I have found to date. However, I barely used it, and it was already dried out, and I mean, drier than the Sahara desert. I was really disappointed since the color was perfect.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2011 6:22:00 PM More reviews by mrsleonidas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The Black one I purchased 2 years ago from them was basically dried out upon opening.
I know many love theirs and swear by it....So its definitely QUALITY CONTROL on their part.
They buy these from China by the mass and just send them out randomly. Its a hit and miss with these!!!!!
Since then I finally broke down and bought MAC's BlackTrack and let me tell ya.....I will NEVER BUY ANOTHER BRAND AGAIN.....MAC's Gel liner has lasted me over a year(using it 5 times a week too!) and its still going strong. Just a lil dip lines my whole upper smoothly.

With that said I know that most of you do not want to take that plunge yet. But, girls t all adds up! I wasted soo many $5.00 bills on crap! Just like trying to find dupes on brushes and shadows. It was just wasted money.(though my Synthetic Crease Brush form Coastal Scents is my HG brush and I love it sooooo muches! I can blend my shadows all day and I never get that burning sensation that I can get with my MAC 226 and etc's)
Its a gamble buying these since you may get a bad one. Plus, buying 2 of these is how much a Prestige Brand one almost is! So why waste of your money and spend "any amount" on something that may not be as good as it "could" be.

PS...If you wanna try them anyways.......
You can Buy these on Ebay for under $2.00!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are the EXACT same ones....just like all of their and BhCosmetics finished Palettes!!!! Really!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2011 9:54:00 AM More reviews by kdenae88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like these!! Beautiful colors, a good texture, and they last a long time. They go on smoothly, and when they dry they are pretty smudge proof! I would say it is comparable to the MAC gel liner! My only complaint is sometimes I get small pieces that drop onto my cheeks and they are too small to see but then a few times my sister has seen it and told me to wipe it off, I do and it makes a long eyeliner streak on my face! I have to keep wiping and work at it to get it off. I would say the flakes come off the brush when applying, because it never gets flakey on my eye.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2011 2:41:00 PM More reviews by taralynn36

I have Stellar, Gold Bliss, Boom Boom, Silk White, and Inidgo Blue. As far as colors go here is a breakdown

Stellar - medium iridescent bluish grey with a few sparkles

Gold Bliss - medium cool toned gold - too light for a liner for me but works awesome as a eyeshadow base. My favorite out of the bunch

Boom Boom - medium shimmer brown (a little lighter than Maybelline's gel liner in chocolate

Silk White - I tried to use this as a base but it's too opaque and thick. I use this one very little

Indigo Blue - a very dark blue that turns out bluish black on my fair skin.

Out of all of these I like the Gold Bliss and Boom Boom the best. I have experienced a few issues with them drying out but I just add a few drops of my sweet almond oil, let them set for a day or so, and then blend the colors with the stripped end of a q-tip and they are moist again. I know it's a pain but it's better than throwing them in the trash. As far as wear, I do prefer Maybelline's gel liners as they last much longer but I still get a 1/2 day or more of good wear out of these. To me, they are about equal in wear to E.L.F.'s cream liners. I would definitely buy Gold Bliss again as a base and I would love to try a few more colors. continued >>