November 24, 2014 | 2010 users online

Polishes - Christian Dior - Vernis in Black Sequins

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2013 7:13:00 PM More reviews by starzi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

In the bottle, it looks stunning. Black with tiny dark grey speckles. However, just looks like a plain black on the nails. Quite disappointed. Speckles completely disappear after the top coat. Chips after 3-4 days (if I remember correctly). Haven't worn this for some time, but I remember it didn't last as long as my Chanels which would be around 5 days to a week. Got this as a birthday present, so saved the money there (lol!). Just wished it looked a bit more like it is in the bottle on the nail :( don't think I would buy this again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 5:23:00 PM More reviews by aline26

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

One of my favorite black polishes ever. It has a subtle pearly shimmer that some might find disappointing because it doesn't show up the way it does in the bottle, which is why it got 4 lippies instead of 5. But the thing I've noticed is that with almost all black polishes in general, I find shimmer doesn't really tend to show up that well. I even tried to remedy this myself by making my own version with WnW's black polish and MAC's Relects Pearl glitter. Emptied damn near half the jar into the polish and it still didn't achieve the desired effect. (If anyone has any good recommendations, please send them my way.)

This is why I like to put two coats of Nubar's Pixie Dust over it and voila! Perfection. It's one of my favorite manicure combinations and one I use frequently. Christian Dior polishes have amazing lasting power when topped with a couple coats of Seche Vite, so I usually go 2-3 days without any noticeable tip wear. I also like the curved shape of the brushes, as it helps to get as close as possible and eliminates some of the pooling at the cuticles. Good pigmentation so it achieves opacity in one coat, but I always like to use two to smooth out any subtle ridges in my nails. This shade is LE, but Dior has released it a couple different times, so I'm sure we'll be seeing more of it in the future. A must have for any black nail polish lover's collection.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2010 3:05:00 AM More reviews by rallu

i put this on last night and after my morning shower it chipped...with seche vite on top. It looks very black and you can barely see any sparkles. I will return it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2010 7:29:00 PM More reviews by Shabby413

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my fist Dior polish and I had to try it after reading how popular this color was. I have to say, I am disappointed because it looks like any other black nail polish that I have. The sparkles are so subtle, they are almost non-existent unless you look for them up close and personal. As far as wear goes, still no chipping and I have had it on 3 days, so that's great. However, I wouldn't recommend this polish because it is very expensive for something that looks rather ordinary.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2009 7:21:00 AM More reviews by tormentosa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this one recently and I've been wearing it nonstop. With Dior base coat, two coats of Dior Black Sequins and a H&M clear lacquer, it never chipped nor I got any tip wear. I did my nails on Wednesday last week and today Friday, 9 days later it still shines chipless. I love it! I haven't tried any of my Chanels yet, but I'm hoping they're as good as Dior's polishes cause the quality is superb!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2008 4:44:00 PM More reviews by KellyBag

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I do indeed love this color, and I've always been a big fan of Dior's color line, but a few nights ago I was in WalMart and found a spot-on knockoff of Black Sequins. It's by 'ICE', and it's called 'Electric', I also use there knockoff of the original 'Vamp' and have never had a problem with chipping. So far so good, it's been on my toes for a week and a half and not a single chip, the true test will be my finger nails, as very few polishes stick to them. Wear, and color wise it's a perfect match.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2008 11:40:00 PM More reviews by Scarlett70

I LOVE this color but it lasts only a few hours before chipping. The black is not overly sparkly or shiny, so the color shows up as very a subdued black (a plus). Only 2 coats needed to get decent coverage. With a good top coat, you can make this really shine. I would recommend for a night out look, but don't count on this looking perfect the next day. I'm very disappointed with the wear, but very happy with the color.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2008 10:58:00 AM More reviews by joyonicity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I'm usually very picky about my nail polish looking fresh and nice, so I have a hard time with drugstore brands. OPI is the only drugstore brand I've come across that wears longer than two or three days. But this! This lasts even longer than Chanel nail polish (generally a week). It has been ten days, and my nails still look as though I'd just painted them. The formula's consistency is perfect; not too runny and not too thick. The brush seems to be of high quality, too: I was able to paint my entire nail with only two strokes.

The color is a deep, true black with very faint sparkles. I thought it'd be too showy, but when not in the light, my nails look rich black with slight shimmer. In the light, they look brighter black with very small sparkles. I do need two coats to get the best color, and because at $19 a bottle, this is quite expensive, I paint a base coat of black from OPI, then layer this color over. Still no chipping! I will definitely repurchase, probably soon because this is a limited edition polish.