October 26, 2014 | 1503 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - High Impact Lip Colour SPF 15 - Cider Berry

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2013 8:23:00 PM More reviews by ccarlino

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Clinique's Cider Berry is a soft neutral red / berry pink that is not too intense which makes it great for office/day time . The color nicely complements my hazel/green eyes and mature fair skin. Non-drying and comes in a quality metal case that's quite classy. My go to lipstick for all occasions. It pairs nicely with Shiseido's powder blush in Petal.

Update 3/25/2013: Sadly, Cliniques's Cider Berry lipstick seem to fade to an orangey-pink on my lips (oxidation maybe) within hours after applying. My positive comments above still stand, but somehow I can no longer wear this shade/color. I exchanged for Clinique's Currant Berry (High Impact) which has more pink tones and definitely complements my NC coloring. If the budget allows, when its time to repurchase a lip product, I'll check out Chantecaille or Chanel which are probably more wearable and flattering on my mature skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2013 6:25:00 AM More reviews by TarinM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A lot of people seem to say this is a red, I really don't really see it that way, I think it's more pink then red, a cool deep berry red, but the funny thing is I don't usually suit that colour but this one just seems to work, it's really flattering, not too bright, not to dark, not too pink, not too red, it's just perfect, I think you could wear this any season as well, whether it be spring, summer, autumn, winter.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2011 10:36:00 AM More reviews by FrenchieDay

I have recently gone back to using Clinique products and this lipstick is among those items that won me over. It has a lovely texture and is nicely pigmented. It stays on for several hours, does not feel thick and does not make my lips dry. The colour is very wearable. It is red but not too dramatic and can be easily worn during the day. If I want a subtle stain for a more natural look I gently pat it on with my finger.
I will definitely buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2010 2:19:00 PM More reviews by Twanda

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love the color, love the staying power. Asked to be touched up at the clinique counter before going to a Christmas party and this was the lipstick the SA used. I bought it thinking it would only be used that one time for touch ups, but liked it so much have worn it almost every day and thanks to the staying power didn't need to touch up at all at the party. Recently, one of my friends I only get to see intermittently and who tells it like it is, complimented me on the color saying it looked better than the muted colors I usually wear. For reference, my hair is dark brown with some silver streaks (15% gray) and my eyes are hazel. Thinking about getting a lighter summer color because of the SPF15.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2009 1:33:00 PM More reviews by Integra97

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this line of lipsticks - I am just not a big fan of this shade. I got this lipstick in AfterParty a few months ago and liked it so much I decided to add another High Impact color to my collection. This lipstick is a much brighter red than it appears on the Clinique web site. On their web site the shade is described as "rich red berry" which sounds nice, but on my lips it looks - bright. I do have the coloring to wear more intense shades, but this is just a little more red than I was looking for. It is a very color saturated berry red, and seems to emphasize the dry lines in my lips. It looks better to me when I layer a more neutral shade or gloss over it. I will purchase High Impact lipsticks again - I love that they have SPF 15 and last pretty well - but I'm not sure about this shade. Update: it's starting to grow on me a little more, just have to wear gloss with it and it looks great

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2008 6:24:00 PM More reviews by mxk2

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Beautiful neutral red with my coloring! It is neutral, and by that I mean neither overtly cool nor warm. Very easy to wear red, perfect for daytime/office wear. The texture is nicely creamy and is not at all drying on the lips. I don't consider this is long-lasting lipstick, but is nicely pigmented for a cream formula and lasts a fair amount of time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2008 10:45:00 PM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I absolutely adore these new High Impact lipsticks from Clinique. They are a bit more opaque and longer lasting than my old faves, Different Lipstick and Buttershine Lipstick, but they don't look fake and they are very comfortable and moisturizing. The best part, though, is the stable, broad-spectrum sunscreen they include. This is a huge plus for me.

Cider Berry is a subtle red that has a bit of brown to keep it from becoming too intense. It's an attractive red on my very fair, cool-toned skin. It appears fairly neutral in the tube but becomes slightly pinkish on my pigmented lips, but this is a common occurrence for me. I have discovered that it works best applied with a lip brush, since the color is so dark. I don't go through lipstick very fast, but if these are still my faves when I finally use up this color, I will repurchase.

Active ingredients: octinoxate 7.5%, zinc oxide 2.1%. Other ingredients: diisopropyl dimer dilinoleate, trimethylolpropane triisostearate, petrolatum, hydrogenated polyisobutene, microcrystalline wax, polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, octyldodecanol, polyethylene, lauroyl lysine, pomegranate sterols, hdi/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, coffee seed extract, astrocaryum murumuru seed butter, tocopheryl acetate, ethylhexyl palmitate, octyldodecyl neopentanoate, cholesterol, tribehenin, lauryl pca, polyglyceryl-6 polyricinoleate, diethylhexyl syringylidenemaloate, isopropyl titanium triisostearate, sorbitan isostearate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, calcium sodium borosilicate, palmitoyl oligopeptide, silica, tin oxide. May contain: mica, iron oxides, titanium dioxide, yellow 5 lake, red 7 lake, blue 1 lake, red 22 lake, red 30 lake, carmine, red 6, yellow 6 lake, bismuth oxychloride, red 33 lake, red 28 lake. continued >>

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No