July 30, 2014 | 1853 users online

Toners - La Prairie - Advanced Marine Biology Tonic

rated 1 of 5 on 5/10/2014 12:31:00 AM More reviews by Lovemakeup55

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It caused breakouts on my skin. I guess that is because it contains dI many different oils:( It is not for oily skin!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2013 6:00:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

During a family visit, my mother (who does not speak nor read English) opened this bottle up, took a whiff and thought that me and my husband had brought a bottle of strange looking vodka for dinner and no joke - started to whip out the glasses - I had to explain to her that my aunt had sent me a bottle to try (she always sends me skincare because she works in the industry). I had used it a couple of times but found it oddly drying, yet oily feeling all at the same time. Plus it smells like hand sanitizer or booze.

I'm not sure what's with this, why make the first ingredient drying and damaging alcohol? - it's 5 oz of rubbing alcohol and perfumed mineral oil that is supposed to go on who's face now?? Insta-bin. I would feel guilty even giving this away to another person. Thank god this was free, because if it was even $1 I wouldn't buy it. Not impressed. This product is pretty much the opposite of what all skin types need to look healthy. If the alcohol was somewhere down the end of the list this might be passable.

You can dupe this product easily. For similar effects, see your local liquor store for a bottle of vodka. Mix mineral oil into vodka. Moisten cotton with mixture and apply to face. Voila, I can't believe it's not La Prairie!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2013 11:02:00 AM More reviews by cricketbug32

I love this product when my skin is stressed due to me being stressed or having had too much sun. It is tingly at first then calming and feels great. I then add a serum and my La Prairie anti aging stress moisturizer and all better!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2013 5:25:00 AM More reviews by Vivienn3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Nice. Using my second bottle now. However , alcohol in it is relatively heavy.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2013 9:32:00 PM More reviews by LuxuryLover13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is packaged absolutely beautifully! I would not change a thing about it! It screams luxury!
As for the product itself, I really like this! It is like a magic potion, the way it gets absorbed by the skin instantaneously, leaving it soft and glowing.
I have found this to help even out skin tone and improve over all skin texture.
For La Prairie, the cost is great! The whole marine biology range is so affordable compared to the skin caviar and other collections.
This is great for young skin!
I use a cotton pad for this, just to ensure that it is evenly spread accross my face, as it is absorbed so quickly.
I do only use it once a day (at night after toner) and it has never broken me out, as i have acne prone skin!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/18/2012 2:58:00 AM More reviews by juno2509

Me gusta mucho este producto, pero con laguna reserva.La verdad esque deja la piel muy suave y no dudo de su acción de serum, pero no me gusta la sensación de la aplicación..esa mezcla de olor a alcohol seco y calor...pero todo y así es un buen producto

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2012 9:47:00 AM More reviews by Walko

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Can't beleive how bad this is. I bought it at the airport duty free but it was still expensive.Didn't do my research as didn't have time. This is RUBBISH. A classic example of how expensive ins't always best. Alcohol is the first listed ingredient. Be as well pouring vodka on to cotton pad. This will dry your skin out and do no end of damage. That goes for oily skins as well. Will make matters worse in the long run.Needless to say I didn't even use this up, wouldn't even give it away.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2012 9:27:00 AM More reviews by Toffee921

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

absorbs instant, you will need to pat it quickly, feel like oil rather than toner. skin feels soft and nice. but....hate the smell!! cant stand the smell of strong alcohol mixed with cheap perfume plus something else. if La prairie can improve the smell issue, it is def a 5 star!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2012 5:47:00 AM More reviews by MyMajesty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great, great tonic/serum, that's why I'll be buyinng it a million times. It makes my skin super soft and supple, it heals everything and does not cause any breakouts! I have been using it from 3 weeks now and everyone around have seen a huge improvement on my skin. It's brighter now and I have less breakouts than I usually used to have. I am truly recommending this magic product to everyone who wants to feel magic on her skin. It is, indeed, a little bit expensive but totally worth the money! Best tonic ever!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2012 6:17:00 PM More reviews by COSMEHOLIC16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It is not a toner, it's like a serum mix with toner. Really strange but once apply, my face glowwww and it really brightening my skin. The effect is long term and doesnt dissappear when I wash my face in the following morning. Skin smooth and velvety. Will buy again. The only thing I hate about it is high price and heavy bottle. but worth every pound and it looks really luxury, treat my skin really well. Compare to the SKII essense which I had used for so long time, this one is really better about everything. Longer term effect and my skin just loved La prairie so much more. You can see the different fast and it won't fade.!!! love it:X