December 20, 2014 | 1703 users online

Styling Products - Curlisto Curl Replay

rated 1.0(1 review)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2008 8:13:00 AM More reviews by Emma13

I recently purchased the Curlisto Structura lotion and am sampling the gels (I and II) to decide which one I want to use. The stylist also really pushed this non-aerosol spray on me (which she used in styling my hair at the salon) saying that because my hair is so fine (Scandinavian 2b/c) it needs a lot of hold to keep the curl. True enough, it does. However, as soon as I took the spray home I realised I'd made a mistake. The first ingredient is denatured alcohol... I haven't taken it back, because I reckoned I could use it occasionally (it does give phenomenal hold and body) but boy, does it ever make my hair hard as rock! I hate the way my hair feels with this stuff in it. It is very hard to wash out, too as I like to use sulfate-free shampoo. Frankly I'd rather have less curly hair than use this daily. The bottle says "never sticky"... Don't believe it. There is no way this stinky nasty alcoholic concoction could be used as a daily curls "pick me up" as they advertise! It can't be good for the hair either - which rather goes against the Christo philosophy of "healthy hair". A real shame, as I quite like the other Curlisto products. Zero points. Bleh.