September 1, 2014 | 2038 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Pretika Sonic Dermabrasion Facial Care System (Clarisonic dupe)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2014 11:22:00 AM More reviews by lovingbeautystuff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this is everything I wanted in a facial cleansing brush. the head is soft and rotates in the right manner and it fits very comfortably in the hand. it is really cute. I have owned it for only about a month but I think it will be a keeper.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2013 6:03:00 PM More reviews by Beautynbrainsvikki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just bought this and got it when it went on clearance. I was skeptical at first and looked for reviews. I found reviews and they were mostly good. After trying it myself, I find that it is just as good as the clarisonic. It feels good on the skin and it feels like it is deep cleaning and getting in deep to my pores. My skin Feels soft and smooth after using it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2013 6:47:00 PM More reviews by trolvachanah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I friend of mine gave me this after complaining that it was too rough on her skin. I have been wanting one of these facial exfoliators for the longest time but could never afford one so I used it with my olay cleanser. After a week my acne had noticably improved and the texture of my skin was much smoother. I give it a 4 instead of 5 because I think the brush was a bit dense and was somewhat painful when I used it the first couple of days.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2012 4:04:00 PM More reviews by MadEddy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this over the Mia, which it's obviously imitating, because it's way, way less expensive. I got mine for $30 at TJ Maxx this summer, and I haven't had a problem with it charging or refusing to work. Mine charges over a couple of hours and holds a charge for a couple of weeks.

It's pretty good for exfoliating my skin, and I have had less of a problem with clogged pores and acne, but it's no magic bullet. I do wish Pretika offered some variety in brush heads, but I'm going to try writing in to their customer service for the different brush heads like some other reviewers have mentioned. At least it does offer a lower power setting for the face, but the brush heads that come with it are less gentle than the Clarisonic's. It hasn't been a problem for me, but if you have sensitive skin it's something to keep in mind.

I also wish there was a hole in the stand for the charge cord; as it is, you either have to drill one yourself or charge it out of the stand.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2012 10:09:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I decided to try this sonic cleaner before shelling out $$$ for a Clarosonic mia.

At first I wasn't happy with this. The bristles on the brush are a tad rough. Then after letting it collect dust for a few weeks, I gave it another shot.

Trick is to lightly apply against skin, and so far with 2 weeks of daily use my skin does look better and feel softer.

I still plan on getting the Clarisonic in the future, but probably the plus and not the mia. I'll be using this pretika when traveling.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2012 11:24:00 AM More reviews by hwnpunch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I gave this a 2 for great customer service and the fact that for the 10 days that this was useable it worked great. I saw this at TJ Maxx for under $30 and gave it a try. It worked great when I got it home, took a charge well and their customer service even had a free brush head for sensitive skin mailed to me within 48 hours when I emailed them about the brush head it came with being too harsh for everyday use. Unfortunately when it died for the first time it was dead for good. It wouldn't take another charge. What a shame this really improved my skin in a short amount of time for a fraction of the price of a Clarisonic. Too bad the quality just isn't there. Time to return this and save up for the Mia. At least now I know it's worth buying.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2012 6:22:00 PM More reviews by PCarrie84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had ordered this is the first sonic vibration brush as I couldn't shell out for a clarisonic. Excited to try i did, it works great just the right amount vibration I needed and good quality brush.. However it lost its charge on me within the first week.. For me to use it I must charge it all night and it will last maybe 30 minutes, You CAN NOT save charge with this, if you will be ready to use this it must be charged PRIOR..so annoying, I think Im contacting pretika about this

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2012 4:27:00 PM More reviews by JMNeaves

The Pretika was a perfect (and inexpensive) addition to my daily skincare regimen (Basis sensitive facial bar + Solvere BP gel + Olay daily moisturizer) and has really helped to exfoliate my skin and give it a brighter overall appearance. I only give it a 4 because it's a bit bulky to tote around and I am a frequent traveler.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2011 8:11:00 PM More reviews by ninac

I've never tried the Clarisonic, but it seems like most of the praise for it over other sonic brushes stems from the "feel" of the brush. I don't mind really how it "feels" as long as my skin ends up clean. So, I chose the Pretika earlier this year and for 2 reasons: 1) both Clarisonic and Pretika use sonic frequency but Pretika costs much less, and 2) Pretika has microfiber bristles and microfiber does an excellent job of cleaning all on its own.

I'm happy with the Pretika, but Clarisonic keeps coming out with new versions in different colors, and I considered getting the Mia, hence my further comparisons. I found out from reading these comments that Pretika has sent out complimentary brush heads that are much softer, so I emailed the company and they sent one to me. It is definitely much softer and I almost worry it's not cleaning as well since it doesn't feel like bristles on my face at all. But again, as long as it's doing the job I don't mind how it feels. I think the best way to know definitely if Pretika is a good dupe is to do a side by side comparison with Clarisonic using fluorescent make-up, and taking before/after pictures. But for now, I don't see a good enough reason to invest in the Clarisonic and Pretika seems to me to be a good dupe.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/7/2011 6:01:00 PM More reviews by lollylilly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this on a whim, took it home, and charged it for a full day before using it. The green and red lights worked, but when I pressed the button to actually use it absolutely nothing happened. It was fully charged but would not work no matter what I tried. I looked at the reviews on Makeup Alley and was shocked at how many other people had the same problem. I returned it instead of exchanging it - it's obviously a very poorly made product.