July 24, 2014 | 1304 users online

Eyeliner - By Terry - Ligne Blackstar

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2014 11:04:00 AM More reviews by BarbiieXoX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

Well, it does the job, its an eyeliner, not exactly life changing.

It has a shiny/glossy kind of coating which I'm not a big fan of, I prefer a matte.

Waterproof? It will come off COMPLETELY with a bit of water, but with no smudging/racoon eyes - which personally, I like about this product.

The applicator, (because you have to press down quite a bit to get the product out) stretches your eyelid and makes the application messier than a proper liquid eyeliner.
This is a more intense black version of the Ecriture de Chanel, which I was not a big fan of either.

Its just ok, I will use it but I wont miss it when its finished.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2012 8:12:00 AM More reviews by reneeg323

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I guess I am definitely in the minority here since I love this eyeliner. I bought it in Ocean Spirit. I hate eye pencils that fade after a couple of hours or, worse, run. So, I like a good eye pen. I've used Hourglass and liked their pen but decided to try By Terry since I've always been impressed by her products. The color is magnificent. It is a beautiful aquamarine that is very subtle and looks great on my brown eyes. The pen is easy to use with a tip that distributes enough liner. I like the construction of the pen as the tip is not so fine that it pokes at your lid but is fine enough to do a good job distributing liner and the edge of the pen is wide enough to use to go along my upper lids. The staying power is all day but easily removed with makeup remover.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2011 1:22:00 AM More reviews by skp

I should have known something was up when the salesperson showed me how the tip could be flipped when it wore out. (Wear out? What kind of eyeliner tip wears out?) Anyway, worked fine for a few weeks then stopped delivering product. Back to the trusty Shu Uemura, even if I have to order online now.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2011 10:04:00 PM More reviews by chee7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It is the worst liquid eyeliner I have ever used, and this conclusion was made before taking the price factor into consideration. The first one I tried was dry, so the BA opened a brand new one for me to try on. I asked the BA how long can one of this last, she told me about 3-4 months. I thought it's not bad and bought it. Yea, I believe it can last way longer than 3-4 months now, because the sponge tip dried out just after the first 3 uses, and it takes FOREVER to get the ink out.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2010 3:17:00 PM More reviews by JCM123

I have always always used gel eye liners as I have never had any problems and they tend to last forever. Normally By Terry products are amazing quality but this is definitely in need of improvement. The pen itself is fine and the tip is quite nice, and I found application very easy but, and there is a big BUT, this is where the praise has to end. The colour comes out very pale and you have to go over and over the lid to deepen the colour; and ever after doing this it still fades ridiculously quickly. Really disappointed and this is so not worth the money, so I urge you not to waste yours until they do some serious "tweaking" on this a relaunch it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2010 9:55:00 AM More reviews by miahesterly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have this in Ocean Spirit, a new colour for S/S 2010. It was a present from my boyfriend, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to use it without wincing at the outrageous price (23). The colour is a very dark teal, quite subtle and elegant. It really suits my almost-black eyes and NC40 skin, as a perfect alternative to black or brown. The eyeliner comes in the form of a liquid ink pen, in a gorgeous heavy substantial silver case. The salesgirl in Space NK claimed that this was almost impossible to remove, and that you could go swimming in it, but at the end of the day, it has smeared on me slightly, especially on my lower eyelids. However, I do wear a lot of concealer around my eyes, so this may be a factor. The quantity is absolutely tiny, 0.8ml, so I'm not sure how long it's going to last me. I don't think that I would repurchase it, as Nars also do a ink eyeliner pen in teal, which is 5 cheaper than this. When Nars is the cheaper alternative, you know something's too expensive...

EDIT April 2011 : I still have and use this. I really love it and now I would buy it again. It's expensive but there's still a lot of product left. I just absolutely love the colour and packaging.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2008 5:51:00 PM More reviews by fairlane

I usually cough up the outrageous money for by Terry products without complaint. This product is an exception. $42 for this eyeliner- what was I thinking? I was placing a huge order from Barney's and just thought it sounded great, from a great quality company. I am disappointed in the color and the delivery system of this pen. It is part of the Blackstar line from by Terry and I love the Blackstar powder and shadows. The black is supposed to be "Deep intense black with incredible staying power" and I didn't find that to be true. The tip of the felt tip type pen is nice and sharp, but not firm enough and when I line my upper lid, it doesn't deliver a really dark line that lasts all day! Really, how good did I think this could be? It's an okay product with a really inflated price-tag. Boo.