L'Occitane Immortelle Very Precious Eye Serum

2.4

on 2/17/2013 9:30:00 PM

I am a huge fan of L'Occitane products, but this is a dud. I have tried other products from the Immortelle line and have been very impressed, but this product just does not live up to its name or price. This products retails (or retailed, as it is no longer sold in the retail stores, only in outlets) for $52 for .5 oz. That is quite expensive for an eye cream. I have been using the eye cream for only a few weeks, but already I am disappointed in my purchase. Let me start by saying that the smell is just okay, not delicious like the other Immortelle products. The packaging is small, but a quite a bit larger than it needs to be because it only contains half an ounce, which detracts from its portability. I used this eye serum morning and night for a number of weeks. I did not notice a since reduction in fine lines or dark circles. I do not really have dark circles, but when I wake up tired I do not see any improvement in my eyes. This serum is hardly moisturizing- I suffer from oily, acne-prone skin and my skin does not feel significantly moisturized after using it. I have had much better luck using Kiehl's Avocado Eye Cream and some of the Yes To Carrots eye creams on my eyes. Just plain moisturizer also works. I was waiting to see if there was some kind of brightening effect, but so far nothing. I do not see one single area of improvement. With such a steep price tag, L'Occitane should have more to show than this. I will not be repurchasing. I hate to say it, but I would not recommend this product.

on 7/27/2011 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

So I glad I own this product as a gift from my friend so I dont have to waste money. I haven't seen any difference from using it. No improvement at all.

The eye serum feels very light on my skin. It does not do much for my eyes except giving it some moisture. Good things is at least the texture is so light that is easily absorbed and does not cause any break out. I have mix feeling on this eye serum, but i think with the price i can get something better.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Mixed on this one... moisturizes, I guess. But it doesn't seem to have any real noticeable effect...... hmmmmm. Would not repurchase. Found one from Avene which I love, and it is far more effective than this one, and less expensive than this one.

on 2/17/2010 6:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

I wouldn't buy this again because I haven't noticed any difference that this eye serum has made. I do not have dark circles.... my under eye area is just slightly darker if I haven't slept.... maybe there is not enough for it to work on? It feels like it moisturizers and is maybe just a great gentle primer for concealer under the eye? I have no lines.... like I said maybe if there was more to work with I would be more rapt about the results? I will try a new one after this because I guess I want something that I notice a difference with. To repeat- it just seems like it is a moisturizer... and not a cheap one either. Very very small container, and I cannot see how much is in it. That is annoying.
Love this brand- but not overly impressed with a product that was highly enthused about to me by the SA- telling me all the staff used this eye serum out of everything in their range.

Edit: Recently told by SA in another store I should never have been recommended this as it is for older, mature eyes with problems, ie. lines, puffiness etc and would have been too rich for me and useless. Annoyed, but lesson learnt- don't trust what told, always research.

on 10/3/2009 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I use a lot of different eye creams/gels and I like this one. It absorbs fast and is not too rich.

In general I think people expect too much from their eye cream/gel. I tend to treat eye creams/gels with the same standard I treat face creams. Basically as long as they moisturise and smooth the skin, don't ball, cause irritations or milia, I give them a 3.

on 7/18/2009 10:45:00 PM

I have to say that it does reduce the puffiness and dark circles and for that I will repurchase until I find something else. It goes on light and sink in rather quickly. As for fine lines, no difference. i use very little so it will last me quite a bit, I think. I've been using it for over a month and since I don't get much sleep, I get dark circles, this really works for me.

on 5/21/2009 1:27:00 AM

I'm not overly impressed with this product as far as anti-aging is concerned but I do love that it keeps my eye area hydrated throughout the day. Previous brands I've had to redab the product halfway through the day due to drying.

That being said, I intend to keep repurchasing this one. The cost is steep but I'd spend that much on other eye creams. I'm still in search of the perfect eye cream/serum. I just buy this one as it is convenient when picking up my "must have" L'Occitane products.

on 1/21/2009 6:52:00 PM

I received this as a sample sachet. Quite a generous amount in that little paper packet. Didn't notice the scent, so if it had one, must've been inoffensive to me.

Used continuously for a week at night and didn't find anything particularly wow about it. Moisturises enough and sinks in ok, but no real wow factor so I wouldn't buy it. There have got to be more magical eye creams out there!

on 11/23/2008 10:11:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

At $50, this was pricey so I purchased it during Sephora's F&F sale, which was still pretty expensive ($40). After a few weeks of use, I can't really say that it's any different from any other eye cream/serum that moisturizes the eye area. No appreciable difference in terms of darkness and fine lines. It goes on as a transparent fondant gel like serum. It does seem to be more moisturizing than L'Occitane's eye balm, but isn't spectacular enough to justify the $50, or in my case, $40 price tag, so back to Sephora it went.