TheBalm Balms Away Eye Makeup Breakup

3.8

Mineral Oil, Octyldodecanol, Petrolatum, Ceresin, Microcrystalline Wax, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (and) Linoleic Acid (and) Soybean (Glycine soja) Sterol (and) Phospholipids.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I was very sceptical of using this, thinking it would be greasy and leave residue in my eyes. How wrong was I? Love it! You simply rub it gently over your lashes, wipe clean and voilĂ , make up is gone! It's the only thing that removes my Mac mascara without leaving me with panda eyes the next morning. The skin round my eyes isn't irritated or dry. Don't ever plan on being without this.

I received a BNIB one of these as a freebie thank you gift from a sweet seller I had on Facebook, she wanted to share as it's one of her favorite products! And I can see why! This just melts the makeup right off my eyes with minimal rubbing required, it actually moisturizes and hydrates my eye area, and leaves it all feeling clean and soft. And such a huge tin of it for such a low price (when I decide to repurchase this, which I will!). I don't know why I never picked this one up before, but now I will never be without it.

Most will find this product too much for their every day makeup needs. As someone who always wears liquid eyeliner, tightlines and heavy waterproof mascara - this does the trick.

I like this product. I only use this on my eyes - I think it would be too thick for the rest of my face.

At night, I grab a little bit and rub into my eyes (I wear heavy eyeliner/mascara) to "melt". I then use a cleanser on the rest of my face and wash everything off with a washcloth. If there is any eye makeup left a bit of Bioderma on a cotton pad get rids of it.

The only downfall is the packaging - I wish it were more hygienic. As for the price, I've had my container for over a year, use it every night and have barely made a dent in it. I don't know of any other eye makeup remover that is that cost effective.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this stuff. I use it every time I need to get my *waterproof* eyeliner/mascara/shadow off. It works very well. It breaks down the product just after a few seconds of rubbing. Only thing I'm not crazy about is the packaging, as I feel it could become somewhat unhygienic after a while.

This product really is crap! This stuff sucks so bad it's terrible you have to rub this stuff in and grab a tissue and wipe off because this isn't gonna wash off at all. The worst part is that this has so much product in it that I have to finish it. I hate to just leave products unused and lesson learned I will never repurchase again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Decided to give this product a try. It does remove eye makeup and mascara. However its a little on the greasy side. Will be using the remainder up and not buying another tin.

This product is crap for use as a make-up remover. It is like taking Crisco and smearing all over your eyes and then trying to wipe and rub to get it all off. I was about to toss in the trash and thought I would come here to see if other reviewers have used it differently and gotten better results. Well it looks like the majority agree it's crap for removing make-up but I read one review about using as cuticle cream and then decided to go one further and use as a night cream for my heels, knees and elbows. It is only because I found another use for it that it got 3 lippies, but Vaseline would work just as well for the alternate uses and is a lot cheaper. I will not purchase again but do like all the other TheBalm products that I have purchased.

Just a tad bit lighter than straight vaseline...not what I want to smear and pull on my eyelids. I tried different approaches in using this and always ended up tugging on my eyes with a blurry residue. I llike a lot of TheBalm products but not this one!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I love this product. It works well as an eye makeup remover, but it really excels as a cuticle balm. I have dry, cracked cuticles that I pick and nibble at, all the time, subconsciously. It's a very bad nervous/bored tic of mine. When I rub this stuff into my cuticles though, it really reduces the urge. Granted, I have to use it a few times a day as the mineral oil eventually dries out again, but it's the only cuticle balm I've tried yet that works for me (although I may eventually give Badger a try). I actually have two tins of this - one in my bathroom for my eyes, and one in my purse for my cuticles.

I find it's very comfortable to use as an eye makeup remover, rather than using wipes alone (which can damage your skin from harsh scrubbing) or cleansing at the sink (which never seems to remove enough!). I use a good-sized dollop and rub gently over my eyes, and then use a cleansing wipe to remove excess product and makeup. As a previous reviewer mentioned, sometimes I use this at night and wake up with some residual mascara under my eyes. That's fine with me though; as long as I can sleep and wake comfortably without my eyes glued together from crusty old mascara, I don't mind a little residue.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I don't know what the reviewer below me is talking about, to be honest. This stuff is amazing. First of all, I wanna say that I have a large tattoo on my chest that I have to cover every morning with Dermablend (which, by the way is amazing.) If you're familiar with Dermablend's Leg and Body Cover, you know it's super thick and SUPER hard to wash off. After work I spread a layer (not too thick but not too thin) of this over my covered tattoo and wipe it off with a tissue. It works amazingly!! It takes 95% of the makeup off (which I finish off with makeup removing facial cleansing wipes) and I'm gold. I have used this on my eyes as well, and what I do is rub a q-tip in it and spread it along my lash line and it removes all traces of eyeliner/mascara that was left over from my cleanser/wipes. This also leaves your eye area moisturized and isn't harsh like other liquid removers. Awesomeeee!