September 30, 2014 | 1337 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - TheBalm - Balms Away Eye Makeup Breakup

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2014 9:50:00 PM More reviews by StupidUserNames

This product really is crap! This stuff sucks so bad it's terrible you have to rub this stuff in and grab a tissue and wipe off because this isn't gonna wash off at all. The worst part is that this has so much product in it that I have to finish it. I hate to just leave products unused and lesson learned I will never repurchase again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2013 11:28:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Decided to give this product a try. It does remove eye makeup and mascara. However its a little on the greasy side. Will be using the remainder up and not buying another tin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2013 7:33:00 PM More reviews by Saspants

This product is crap for use as a make-up remover. It is like taking Crisco and smearing all over your eyes and then trying to wipe and rub to get it all off. I was about to toss in the trash and thought I would come here to see if other reviewers have used it differently and gotten better results. Well it looks like the majority agree it's crap for removing make-up but I read one review about using as cuticle cream and then decided to go one further and use as a night cream for my heels, knees and elbows. It is only because I found another use for it that it got 3 lippies, but Vaseline would work just as well for the alternate uses and is a lot cheaper. I will not purchase again but do like all the other TheBalm products that I have purchased.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2013 11:47:00 PM More reviews by Terese4444

Just a tad bit lighter than straight vaseline...not what I want to smear and pull on my eyelids. I tried different approaches in using this and always ended up tugging on my eyes with a blurry residue. I llike a lot of TheBalm products but not this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2012 9:34:00 PM More reviews by number1larissa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this product. It works well as an eye makeup remover, but it really excels as a cuticle balm. I have dry, cracked cuticles that I pick and nibble at, all the time, subconsciously. It's a very bad nervous/bored tic of mine. When I rub this stuff into my cuticles though, it really reduces the urge. Granted, I have to use it a few times a day as the mineral oil eventually dries out again, but it's the only cuticle balm I've tried yet that works for me (although I may eventually give Badger a try). I actually have two tins of this - one in my bathroom for my eyes, and one in my purse for my cuticles.

I find it's very comfortable to use as an eye makeup remover, rather than using wipes alone (which can damage your skin from harsh scrubbing) or cleansing at the sink (which never seems to remove enough!). I use a good-sized dollop and rub gently over my eyes, and then use a cleansing wipe to remove excess product and makeup. As a previous reviewer mentioned, sometimes I use this at night and wake up with some residual mascara under my eyes. That's fine with me though; as long as I can sleep and wake comfortably without my eyes glued together from crusty old mascara, I don't mind a little residue.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2012 5:02:00 PM More reviews by Jazzylicieux

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't know what the reviewer below me is talking about, to be honest. This stuff is amazing. First of all, I wanna say that I have a large tattoo on my chest that I have to cover every morning with Dermablend (which, by the way is amazing.) If you're familiar with Dermablend's Leg and Body Cover, you know it's super thick and SUPER hard to wash off. After work I spread a layer (not too thick but not too thin) of this over my covered tattoo and wipe it off with a tissue. It works amazingly!! It takes 95% of the makeup off (which I finish off with makeup removing facial cleansing wipes) and I'm gold. I have used this on my eyes as well, and what I do is rub a q-tip in it and spread it along my lash line and it removes all traces of eyeliner/mascara that was left over from my cleanser/wipes. This also leaves your eye area moisturized and isn't harsh like other liquid removers. Awesomeeee!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2012 8:26:00 PM More reviews by cherryjane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this item because it was on sale and I loved other removing balms (like Clinique Take The Day Off balm). I figured that since I was pleased with my other TheBalm products, this would be of a similarly high quality. I was wrong.

I feel like this doesn't wash clean. I use a cleansing wipe and this stuff on my eyes (with a regular, non-waterproof mascara) and I *STILL* get mascara/makeup traces on my lower lids in the morning. I don't want to have to scrub my face to death, since I'm cautious of my aging skin.

This product is just a fail. I purchased a new Clinique TTDO balm and I'll probably throw away what's left of this product. I'm disappointed, since TheBalm has so many other wins for me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2012 2:58:00 AM More reviews by VerySplendid

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

** Not Tested On Animals **

This is a classic example of a product marketed towards women being sold at a shockingly inflated price - so long as it looks purdy we'll buy it! This is basically vaseline - I wish I'd bothered to read the ingredients before I bought it.

theBalm used to be a brand I was happy to support but this product is a nicely packaged overpriced rip-off - I'm disgusted with myself for being sucked in by this. I ended up giving this to my sister & have returned to using Vaseline again which is quite frankly a better product & a tiny fraction of the price.

Will not re-purchase. I do not recommend this unless you feel like wasting your money on an (at best) average product.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2012 10:59:00 PM More reviews by weezee111

I love this stuff. The mascara I use (LashBlast waterproof) is really difficult to get off, but this stuff has no problem. Plus, I find it hydrating around my eyes.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/21/2012 5:33:00 AM More reviews by erdeva

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't understand why this has such rave reviews. I purchased it after reading the reviews here. I find that you really have to rub this in to et rid of eye makeup and it is difficult to wash off. I haven't had any break outs from this but it really makes the skin around my eyes feel very greasy.

It doesn't completely get rid of all my mascara but to be fair most of it comes off and the rest goes away using a face cleanser.