October 25, 2014 | 1628 users online

Lip Gloss - Lise Watier - Plumpissimo

rated 2 of 5 on 6/18/2011 11:47:00 AM More reviews by chiclet

I bought this in Nude. I didn't have high hopes about the plumping abilities, though. I agree with the reviewers below - the brush applicator is a really poor choice, and the opening gets gummy with gloss. I would have preferred a doe-foot applicator. I have to spend a bit more time applying it and the shade does look a bit too light when I first put it on, but it looks ok after a while. Lasting power isn't so great either, but this is to be expected with glosses.

ETA: Not only does the opening get gummy, but the gloss eventually starts to leak out. Boo. Taking off another mark for that.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2011 12:51:00 AM More reviews by Bellona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I guess I'm in the minority here, but I hate this stuff. I bought this at Shoppers when it first came out for $20. I chose the Nude shade. After trying to make it work for over a year, I finally just threw it out. It's the first time I have ever hated a lip gloss so much that I threw it out (usually I feel the need to get my money's worth and make it work somehow!). But I couldn't with this. It doesn't plump at all, the tingle sensation of mint just makes you think it's working. And the applicator is a brush, not the best, but not horrible either. What I hated the most was how frosty the color was, and the way it just settled into the crevices of my lips. The color just would not go on evenly. I tried it on my hand to compare with a MAC gloss and a Guerlain one too. I even got all of my gf's to try it on to see if it was just me. It wasn't. Horrible waste of money. Never again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2011 4:04:00 PM More reviews by Jilliterate

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have this gloss in the "Naturel" shade, which is a very pretty glassy mauve colour. I love the shade, although I don't find this gloss to be super long-lasting -- no more than any other gloss. For a gloss, it's not too sticky, which is a plus. The applicator is a brush (I think one of the other reviewers noted this), which isn't awful, but I would definitely prefer a doe foot applicator -- it gives you more control for application. But the important question: does it plump?

Lise Watier's website claims that Plumpissimo "instantly plumps the lips thanks to its cutting edge formula. Dehydrated Hyaluronic Filling SpheresŪ penetrate small vertical lines, instantly expanding upon contact with water naturally present in the skin, to make lips look fuller."

Well, I don't know about all that. Apparently Hyaluronan injections can increase volume, but is that working here? Who knows. Applying this gloss results in a noticeable tingling sensation on the lips (Which is probably because of some species of Capsicum present), but does it actually plump? Uh...not really. After applying this gloss and checking the mirror, my final verdict is: "not less plump." But nothing miraculous is happening here. Luckily Lise Watier doesn't really charge any more for these glosses than any of their other lip products ($20), so I don't feel too bitter having paid for non-existent plumping action.

SUMMARY: I floundered between giving this product a '3' or a '4'. It's a decent gloss, but $20 is a bit steep of a price to pay. I finally went with '4' just because I love the Nautrel shade so much, but after this tube runs out, I'm hoping to find a dupe in a much cheaper brand, as $20 for non-plumping lip gloss just feels like a bit too much to pay.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2010 3:55:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have this gloss in "Naturel" (not sure if they still make this shade). Usually colours called "Natural" are too peachy or too nude for my colouring but this is a gorgeous shade of gloss that suits me very well - not exactly pink but certainly not an orange or tan based shade either. It feels very moisturizing and pleasant to wear. It has a slight "cooling" effect - sort of minty, I guess - which I suppose is the "plumping" ingredient, though I don't find this plumps anything. But at least, it is not an irritating effect, which you can sometimes get with "lip plumping products". I think this is the ONLY gloss I have with a brush applicator where the applicator hasn't splayed out all over or the bristles aren't sticking out at crazy angles. However, the tube seems perhaps too full of product or the opening is too large as I have gloss all over the "threads" of the lid and the tube. But that's a small price to pay for such a nice gloss.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2010 3:40:00 PM More reviews by doedi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have this lipgloss in plumpissimo and I love it. It doesn't do anything whatsoever to plump my lips but that's alright, I didn't buy it for that. I like this colour as it suits my skin tone very well and it's not sticky/goopy.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2010 12:24:00 PM More reviews by Jcoull

I have this product in Rose and Corail and i just LOVE IT!!!! The colors are soo bright and vibrant, can be a little sparkelly, but stilll just wonderful. Not sticky.. doesnt have much of a smell to it. The brush application can be a tad annoying as the brisstles are alittle floppy so you deffinitly need a mirror when applying. Since it is a plumpling lipgloss it has a bit of a tingle.. I found it to be more of a cooling senstation. The plumping effect is nice, not to crazy however.. I did find it to run so I just used a clear lipliner and was good to go!! Love this product!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2010 4:13:00 PM More reviews by MiniHorsey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in Amour which is a bright blue-based pink color. I do love the color itself, just dislike the obvious sparkles (thankfully there are not too many). For those that love a bit of sparkle, this is a great one. Staying power is quite good. The gloss is a little on the thick and sticky side, but doesn't feel bad on. Scent is nice and not too strong.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2010 6:25:00 PM More reviews by Poofyowl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in Peche (peach) and I LOVE LOVE the colour and how unsticky it is! The colour is so rich and not too sparkly (which I don't really like) and feels good on my lips.

However, the bad thing about this gloss is the flavour/scent/taste/smell whatever you call it. It's feels nice on my lips but tastes disgusting. It's pretty sad because the colours are so nice... =(

The brush applicator wasn't all that impressive though. Not a fan and causes streaks for me. :/

Final Verdict, beautiful colour, amazing on the lips. Non-sticky. Won't repurchase because I have A LOT of other lip products and the scent of it is just not my thing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2010 2:03:00 PM More reviews by trackypup

I was torn between Peach and Corail and ended up with Corail as it just seemed brighter for the spring. Tingles a little when applying which is of course the plumping. A beautiful colour gloss just perfect for this year. It's not remotely sticky which is so nice. This is my first one and I'm sure won't be my last.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2009 1:36:00 AM More reviews by t4nvmind

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this one in Baie. I think the color is bit too red for me; I mean it doesn't look good on me but talk about plumping effect; it does plump my lips. It makes my lips appear fuller and look healthier. I probably won't buy it again for now because I am thinking of trying Lipfusion but definitely recommended.