August 1, 2014 | 910 users online

Loose Powders - New York Color - loose translucent powder

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2014 1:05:00 AM More reviews by candacemakeup22

I love this product, it's cheap and a perfect setting powder. Awesome amount for the 3 dollar price tag.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2014 3:03:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

This is by far my favorite drugstore loose setting powder. It really reminds me of my HG BE Mineral Veil. It's super fine milled and it does not settle into pores or leave a white cast. It's not cakey or weird.

Seriously for $2.99, you get a huge amount and the best out there from the drugstore. Sets my makeup in summer when I am more normal skin (winter and spring and Fall I am very dry). This will give that airbrushed look like Mineral Veil, it's just not minerals unfortunately.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2014 9:05:00 PM More reviews by H008

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

LOVE love this loose powder. SO so disappointed it has been discontinued. I used to buy Estée Lauder loose powder for $40 until I went through a recession and discovered NYC's loose powder for $3. I have tried all past and present drugstore and highend loose powders and NYC was by far the best. For the price it works great. It went on smooth and flawless. The staying powder was also pretty good. It also didn't oxidized. Can't believe I wasted so much money on highend powder when this was around. Too bad I discovered it too late. I was only able to buy one container. NYC! If you're listening please please bring it back.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2014 9:00:00 AM More reviews by ericaphillips

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've used this powder for years. At first I bought it because of price. I ran out a few weeks ago and bought a different brand. Huge mistake. The NYC is unscented, colorless and completely sets my foundation. I don't have a problem with being oily. I did notice the Maybelline brand didn't completely set my foundation. I even tried the Bare Minerals powder. That did give me fuller coverage but did not actually set my foundation. The best thing about the NYC brand is the lack of scent. It does not give me a headache, smell powdery or like an old lady. No, the packaging isn't perfect but $3 sure is!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2014 6:36:00 AM More reviews by aspiecutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This powder is good, but not great.

It is worth the money but don't expect it to equal something hight end. The difference is still there. You will become more and more aware of it over time. The texture is coarse. Not to mention that for oily skin it might not be mattifying enough.

When I first tried it I was really impressed. I use loose powder after sunscreen. But it did not wear that well. The finish became less and less uniform every time I blotted.

It is still a good option though if you apply powder very lightly instead. After my sunscreen I need quite a bit of powder to remove the sheen I get. Even if I look slightly powdered at first, my very oily male skin will quickly take care of that.) But as I said, for most people who use powder sparingly this product might be more than OK.

The color is quite light and there is certainly some pink in there. But I doubt it contains much pigment. It's truly translucent. The packaging is just OK. The main problem is that the cover doesn't screw shut. Nor does it click securely in place. It just sits on there, and could easily come off in a makeup bag. But let's be honest, loose powders are not really meant to be carried with you everywhere.) I rest mine at home, quietly on the desk.)) If I go on a trip, I just block the sifter with tape. I have opened all the holes because I don't tap powder on the cover. I block the sifter with a large brush, and turn the container upside down depositing the powder directly on the brush instead. It's less messy and more economical that way.

Is it cheap? Yes.
To all Canadians I suggest checking out the loose powder by MARCELLE.
Considering the size, at Walmart it costs just as much $2.97 for 20g and $10.97 for 70g.. It is finer, smoother, impossible to overdo, and looks natural right away - no need for a setting spray.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2014 10:50:00 PM More reviews by Eeeeelicia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This powder is great if you're on a budget, considering how dirt cheap it is (like $3-4 at Target). It sets my makeup nicely, and although it's not the most finely milled powder I've ever used, it doesn't come off as cakey in the least. My only gripe is, of course, about the horrendous packaging. I made the mistake of completely removing the paper/tape from the sifter and about half of the product came out into the lid. And the lid doesn't screw shut, so I have to be very careful when I'm opening/closing it. I guess I can't complain too much, considering the cheap price of the product. Overall, this is a great powder for those on a budget, and I'm sure I'll end up buying it again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2014 4:51:00 PM More reviews by StarsAndTheSky

I really like this product; especially for the price I got it at ($2.79 at Walmart). Because I am new to translucent powders and I wanted to see if these powders was for me, I decided to give this one a go and I am glad I did! This powder can be worn alone or used to set foundation. I usually wear it alone and I find that this powder keeps me matte for the whole day. I use a kabuki brush to apply this powder and not the sponge that comes with the product, because I find that a lot of the powder gets stuck in the sponge and the product gets wasted. I really don't like the packaging, but I can't expect more from such an inexpensive product.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by Rebecca122123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this product when I ran out of the NYC pressed translucent powder and it was out of stock. Great amount of product for the price. I'm not a huge fan of loose powder because I find it can be messy and pressed powders are so much easier to just throw in your bag for touch-ups during the day. Overall a good, cheap loose powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 5:43:00 PM More reviews by expensivepink92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a really great powder for the price! I am new to loose powders and I wanted to try a cheap one to see if I liked it or not. It keeps me matte just as long, if not longer than other powders that I have tried and I have had not noticed a white cast or anything like that. The packaging is kind of terrible but I wouldn't expect it to be any better for such an inexpensive product.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Ladyleopard805

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This powder is terrible:( I was left with a cakey, powdery, grey cast (for reference I am an NC35, olive skin yellow undertones). Just skip this powder if your looking for something "translucent" head right on over the E.L.F. display and pick up the HD powder it's much more forgiving and milled more finely.