July 22, 2014 | 2379 users online

Cleansers - PanOxyl 10% Foaming Face Wash

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2014 10:38:00 PM More reviews by coconut17

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my holy grail cleanser. I used to use the Acne Free line which was good but I love this even more! You only need a little bit so the tube will last you a long time, and it really works well at keeping acne at bay without over drying. The only downside is that it bleaches everything so use a white towel with it :) If you suffer from acne, definitely give it a whirl! Great stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2014 11:23:00 PM More reviews by morgalynn

This review is for using Panoxyl as a body wash. I found that it was too harsh for my face, it made me oily yet dry and I broke out in a bunch of small pimples. For body acne however, it works GREAT! I had been using Neutrogena's body clear bodywash for a couple years and my back acne would mostly clear up in the summer only to return in the winter. I read the reviews for Panoxyl and decided to give it a try. I started using this product 3 months ago and within a month my back was 75% clear. Now it's about 90% clear. I still have some small bumps and the occasional cyst, but this stuff definitely works. I use it in the shower everyday with a loofah and leave it on for a few minutes then rinse it off. I'm so excited to wear a strapless dress to my prom, thanks Panoxyl.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 9:04:00 PM More reviews by traebaebae

Before using PanOxyl foaming face wash, I suffered from terrible and painful cystic acne and pimples all around my cheeks and forehead. After my dermatologist recommended this wash, I haven't had one cystic pimple since (knock on wood)! It was normal for me to have at least 3-4 cystic acne and a ton of pimples, but now i'll only get one small pimple usually because it's around that time. I highly recommend this wash if you have cystic acne and/or pimples; this stuff does the trick!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 9:07:00 PM More reviews by emilyrgg

I was amazed! I get dry skin after using any type of face wash (actually just water dries out my skin) so I was worried when starting the 10% PanOxyl face wash I had bought. It cost about $9.00 at Walmart but should last a while. This product does dry out my skin a lot (it gets a tight and uncomfortable feeling) but is amazing! I use it while in the shower and rub my face (prioritizing acne-prone areas) until my fingers feel cramp-y. I don't have terrible acne, but the pimples that I do get are normally on my forehead and red and painful. After the first wash they didn't even hurt! The redness had been reduced and three days later (after about 5 washes and even a heavy application of moisturizer that you would think would clog more pores) all that is left are a couple small marks that are there because of popped pimples. I wasn't sure about this product at first, but now that I have it, I will be buying more of it!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2014 1:57:00 PM More reviews by countrybearjamboree

Would I buy again? Oh yes! I workout a lot and wear two sports bras and a snug fitting top to hold in the girls. I also sweat a lot during my workouts. One day while doing weights, I got a glance of my left shoulder and noticed about four pimples there. Very odd for me because I never had a body acne issue. I didn't pay any more attention to it until weeks later I was in the fitting room. I cringed at myself in an open back dress. I couldn't believe that my entire upper back and shoulders were blemished. I had about 7 pimples and a few scars from scratching others. I guess I never really look at my naked back that much to notice how bad things got. I was using a bodywash w/ shea butter and applying body oil as a moisturizer. Those two heavy products along with my sweaty workouts really made a mess of my back. I immediately tossed my bodywash and body oil and switched to Neutrogena Acne Wash. I made sure that after each workout, I went straight home to shower right away. After two weeks, I didn't notice any difference. Someone here mentioned using PanOxyl 10% wash. I purchased a bottle of it, kind of expensive for a bodywash ($9.99) but I was willing to try anything. In one week, most of my back was cleared up. This stuff is absolutely amazing! After two weeks of using this, my back and shoulders are completely clear, even the scars are gone!
Follow the directions on the bottle. What I do is while in the shower, I squeeze a nickle size amount on my fingers and massage it in my upper back, chest and shoulders. I let it sit for 2 minutes before rinsing.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2014 5:25:00 PM More reviews by girlinthecity01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Fighting acne can be such an ordeal. I've tried everything and trust me, nothing's worked. I've tried everything from creams to ointments and my entire routine got so complicated. I like to keep my skin care as simple as possible and Panoxyl fits in perfectly. I just wash my face with it, put on some moisturizer and I'm out the door. Easy! It fights my pimples and gives me clear, glowing skin. I thought the Benzoyl Peroxide would be too harsh on my skin, but it hasn't given me any issues so far and I've been using this for 3 months now.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2014 12:09:00 PM More reviews by SepiaRose

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this face wash, it has been very effective for me. Benzoyl peroxide works much better for acne for me than salicylic acid. I use this in the shower with an exfoliating cloth and I'm always glowing and tingling when I come out. I don't have bad acne just hormonal breakouts when that time of the month rolls around so I can't vouch for how well it works if you have severe or cystic acne. But for average breakouts and mild to moderate acne this works great.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 10:47:00 PM More reviews by lafflemywaffle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow, i really love this face wash. I have acne prone skin and find my skin responds well to benzoyl peroxide. I try to keep my routine as simple as possible and don't wear foundation very often (used to use bare minerals but it made me break out). I was using the Acnefree face wash with i think 5 or 10% BP for a while and I also loved it but i have not been able to find it anymore (i assume it was discontinued). I then switched to Acne.org's face wash, which i also liked and used in conjunction with their BP treatment. When i ran out of that, i bought this bottle on a whim until i could order online. Let me just say....best purchase ive made in a while. It has single handedly improved my acne so mich. I havent gotten any severe bumps in some time, just the occasional few. Now all i really have to deal with are my scars. Im so delighted i tried this, i really do recommend it to those who respond well or are willing to try BP! One thing i will say, though- i tried using AHA after washing with this and it really aggravated my skin. I learned my lesson though!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2013 4:32:00 AM More reviews by sica799

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product is STRONG. 10% is pretty harsh but it does really work. I use it for my back (gross back acne) so my skin can handle the 10% and it cleared up a lot since i started using it. I love this product for back acne and would definitely recommend it. Before I used the Neutrogena body acne washes (the normal orange one and the pink grapefruit) and even though it was less harsh it didnt clear it up as well as this. I guess my skin's pretty tough so it needs harsher %s, plus for some reason i think it likes BP rather than salicylic acid. Plus it cleared up my scars better than neutrogenas, too.
For face, i would go with a lower %. I assume face skin is more sensitive and this is too rough for it. When I ran out of my usual face soap and used this, i accidentally got some in my eye and it stung really bad for a good while. So unless you have super super tough skin id advise against it as an everyday face wash, but for body acne go for it!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2013 1:18:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I tried a small tube of acne medicine that had Benzoyl peroxide in it. I thought since it seemed to be helping that I could use a face wash with Benzoyl peroxide in it. I was wrong. This didn't help my acne and made it worse. I didn't think that could happen.

I have since switched back to Shea-Moisture Organic African Black Soap and the acne is gone.