November 28, 2014 | 1460 users online

Cleansers - PanOxyl 10% Foaming Face Wash

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2014 9:33:00 AM More reviews by dvvords

Can't tell you how much this has helped me for the moderate acne that i had everyday i would wake up with 2 pimples on either side of my check. I tried everything from drug store products, extreme diet, antibiotics, creams, to 7 months on Accutane back when my acne was severe it helped but didn't make my acne go completely away. Ive been struggling with acne for 5 years and nothing worked. Ive been using this for 3 weeks and i can't believe how much it has improved my skin! i haven't had a pimple for the past week and its unbelievable to the point where i want to cry lol. And the crazy thing is i used this back when i was in middle school but it didn't help because i was using it wrong so i had it hiding on my bathroom and when i found it i wanted to give it another go and im so glad i did! i use once a day, btw a little goes a long way so only put a small amount! & gently rub it on my face for 30 seconds and rinse it off before i go to bed then when i want to go outside in the daytime i put on sunscreen spf of 55 or a hat. I recommend this to anyone that has mild to moderate acne its AMAZING!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2014 4:14:00 PM More reviews by Meggs88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've only had this product for about five days but I can already tell I love it. I've been having really bad breakouts on my chin and jaw line and they are already going down and drying out. People complain that it's really drying and yes it is but when you're breaking out as bad as I was, I think some can understand it's a small price to pay if it's getting rid of the acne. Plus now that I know how drying it is I only rub the problem area or a certain pimple for about a minute and then apply to the rest of my face for about 20 seconds before I rinse so it doesn't dry the rest of my face. Once you know how your skin reacts you can determine how long or much you should use. Some people may only need to use it a couple times a week. I also use it on my back for after workouts. Great product and a little goes a way and lathers extremely well.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2014 3:22:00 PM More reviews by tanjapupovac

okay so before I ever use a product ill always read reviews on it and the reviews for this product were very good so I decided to give it a try. lets just say... bad decision. I have semi sensitive skin but its nothing I cant tolerate. I washed my face with this stuff and it felt fine and I moisturized with Aveeno clear complexion after, I woke up the next morning and the 2 cystic pimples i had and the 3 tiny pimples I had were beat red and now the size of a quarter (maybe bigger) Im not sure why this happen but it completely dried out my pimples and made them even more painful and red. I will not be buying this product again. 2 days later and my skin has improved so much because of home remedies and aloe vera.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2014 5:48:00 PM More reviews by LilMissMatched

I've been using PanOxyl for the past year or so in conjunction with ProActive toner and lotion. It works beautifully. I'm blessed (?) to only have acne on my face, but it's the deep, painful cystic sort, and I suffer from adult cystic acne. Amazingly my face was crystal clear until I was about 21, then out of nowhere I would get huge, red, tender, under-the-skin nodules: cystic acne. All on my cheeks and the sides of my nose were popular spots. I used Clearisil for a time, ProActive, Acne Free, all kinds of crap. I finally saw this at Walmart and saw it had a high concentration of benzoyl peroxide. Decided to try it and you know the story from here: my face cleared up, and for the first time in years I didn't have unsightly, painful cysts full of bacteria under my skin. I was really getting disgusted and overwhelmed with how bad the acne was getting, despite trying all kinds of skin care regiments that supposedly "worked." now I get a pimple here and there, and my face is scarred from old acne, but thank God I've found something that works. Only thing is my local drugstore is ALWAYS out! I've tried the Walmart knockoff with the exact same ingredients for about $6-7 and it worked great too, but this last trip they were out of both so I had to get the bar. It doesn't seem as hygienic to me, but I'll take what I can get. This really is my holy grail cleanser. If you suffer from embarrassing acne that rips your self esteem in half, give this a week or two. I hope PanOxyl helps you see your best skin ever too!

Definite repurchase !!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2014 5:23:00 PM More reviews by shyred05

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I recently suffered an allergic reaction to cosmetics.. This was a lifesaver for me! I had cystic acne on both my cheeks and in a week or two my skin cleared up! Of course, I'd follow it up with 10% bp cream. My skin is still far from perfect... but this is my HG!

Bought this from Walgreens, Bellingham for $10. Highly recommended! Planning to stock up next time I'm in the States. Makes your skin a bit dry and sensitive to the sun so don't forget to use non-comodegenic moisturizer and sunblock!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2014 10:38:00 PM More reviews by coconut17

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my holy grail cleanser. I used to use the Acne Free line which was good but I love this even more! You only need a little bit so the tube will last you a long time, and it really works well at keeping acne at bay without over drying. The only downside is that it bleaches everything so use a white towel with it :) If you suffer from acne, definitely give it a whirl! Great stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2014 11:23:00 PM More reviews by morgalynn

This review is for using Panoxyl as a body wash. I found that it was too harsh for my face, it made me oily yet dry and I broke out in a bunch of small pimples. For body acne however, it works GREAT! I had been using Neutrogena's body clear bodywash for a couple years and my back acne would mostly clear up in the summer only to return in the winter. I read the reviews for Panoxyl and decided to give it a try. I started using this product 3 months ago and within a month my back was 75% clear. Now it's about 90% clear. I still have some small bumps and the occasional cyst, but this stuff definitely works. I use it in the shower everyday with a loofah and leave it on for a few minutes then rinse it off. I'm so excited to wear a strapless dress to my prom, thanks Panoxyl.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 9:04:00 PM More reviews by traebaebae

Before using PanOxyl foaming face wash, I suffered from terrible and painful cystic acne and pimples all around my cheeks and forehead. After my dermatologist recommended this wash, I haven't had one cystic pimple since (knock on wood)! It was normal for me to have at least 3-4 cystic acne and a ton of pimples, but now i'll only get one small pimple usually because it's around that time. I highly recommend this wash if you have cystic acne and/or pimples; this stuff does the trick!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 9:07:00 PM More reviews by emilyrgg

I was amazed! I get dry skin after using any type of face wash (actually just water dries out my skin) so I was worried when starting the 10% PanOxyl face wash I had bought. It cost about $9.00 at Walmart but should last a while. This product does dry out my skin a lot (it gets a tight and uncomfortable feeling) but is amazing! I use it while in the shower and rub my face (prioritizing acne-prone areas) until my fingers feel cramp-y. I don't have terrible acne, but the pimples that I do get are normally on my forehead and red and painful. After the first wash they didn't even hurt! The redness had been reduced and three days later (after about 5 washes and even a heavy application of moisturizer that you would think would clog more pores) all that is left are a couple small marks that are there because of popped pimples. I wasn't sure about this product at first, but now that I have it, I will be buying more of it!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2014 1:57:00 PM More reviews by countrybearjamboree

Would I buy again? Oh yes! I workout a lot and wear two sports bras and a snug fitting top to hold in the girls. I also sweat a lot during my workouts. One day while doing weights, I got a glance of my left shoulder and noticed about four pimples there. Very odd for me because I never had a body acne issue. I didn't pay any more attention to it until weeks later I was in the fitting room. I cringed at myself in an open back dress. I couldn't believe that my entire upper back and shoulders were blemished. I had about 7 pimples and a few scars from scratching others. I guess I never really look at my naked back that much to notice how bad things got. I was using a bodywash w/ shea butter and applying body oil as a moisturizer. Those two heavy products along with my sweaty workouts really made a mess of my back. I immediately tossed my bodywash and body oil and switched to Neutrogena Acne Wash. I made sure that after each workout, I went straight home to shower right away. After two weeks, I didn't notice any difference. Someone here mentioned using PanOxyl 10% wash. I purchased a bottle of it, kind of expensive for a bodywash ($9.99) but I was willing to try anything. In one week, most of my back was cleared up. This stuff is absolutely amazing! After two weeks of using this, my back and shoulders are completely clear, even the scars are gone!
Follow the directions on the bottle. What I do is while in the shower, I squeeze a nickle size amount on my fingers and massage it in my upper back, chest and shoulders. I let it sit for 2 minutes before rinsing.