July 25, 2014 | 1796 users online

Polishes - Sephora - Sephora by OPI - On Stage

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2012 8:15:00 PM More reviews by bookwithoutwords

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had never used Sephora's OPI nail polish and thought it would be nice but nothing spectaular. I had recently fallen in love with the new wide brush offered from another drug-store brand nail polish and thought that what I really wanted out of Sephora's OPI was just the color. Boy, was I wrong.

Sephora's OPI was, indeed, a beautiful color and compliments my skin well. However, it also goes on much more smooth, no bubbles or streaks, and creates a remarkably even surface. The brush was easy to wield (unlike the current vogue for short, squat, square polish jars) and while not the speciality wide brush I thought was the bee's knees, it provided a sweeping coverage that I couldn't complain about. For a polish, this was an easy, polished process. Now I wish all my other polishes were like this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2012 3:50:00 PM More reviews by kajy14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Aside from base coats and top coats, this is the ONLY polish that I have ever re-purchased. It's a beautiful dusty mauve color that remains pretty neutral and is perfect for fall and winter. Although it's pretty subtle, I've gotten many complements on this polish. The application is pretty great as well...not too thick or thin. This is definitely towards the top of my favorites and I would purchase over and over.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2011 10:13:00 AM More reviews by Willa1973

i've had this nail polish for over a year and finally decided to try it. it looked kind of dull and boring in the bottle, but when i put it on my nails, i instantly loved it. it's such a pretty shade of purple gray. application was not difficult, but i did get a few bubbles. this might have to do with my technique though. overall, this is a great polish and color.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2011 10:25:00 PM More reviews by pgloe16

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Shade: mauve/grey/brown that's great for the fall/winter season. I'm on the pale side, so a full grey, while trendy, would make me look like I had gangrene on my fingertips. The shade is just pinkish enough to be pretty, but still neutral and flat to go with the fall/winter 2010 trends.

Formula: because i LOVE OPI's thick formula, I assumed it would be the same for these Sephora by OPI. However, I was disappointed because this is a thinner formula that applies (for me) on the streaky side. I need to use 3 coats to get a nice even opaque look.

Finish and Wear: the finish is not very shiny and on the flat/matte side, which is a Fall 2010 trend. The wear is not as amazing as OPI normally is. It began to chip sooner, but it's not too terrible.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2011 10:46:00 PM More reviews by danimari

Its a funny story with this nail polish. I bought it thinking it was metro chic because it was in the wrong place and silly me, i didnt look at the bottom of the bottle to check. So for about a year i thought it was metro chic until I was saw swatches and realised that mine was different and looked at the bottom of the bottle and it said on stage. I havent used it since until today. I have been lemming for the new china glaze colour below deck and since my sally's doesnt have it yet I was looking for some dupes and saw some metro chic swatches compared to it and it occured to that on stage might be closer. To me they look pretty similar but i dont have below deck to compare. I gave it 4 because i do find that opi for sephora chip easier than regular opi and i probably wont ever need to buy it again because i never finish any nail polish.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2011 4:07:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very pretty color, great coverage in just two coats.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2009 12:47:00 PM More reviews by SusanF

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

On Stage (OS) really works for me. Essie Angora Cardi was too rosy/mauve and OPI Parlez-Vous OPI was too blue. I would say OS is a dusty, slightly warm, grayed purple creme. I didn't have any trouble with application - 2 coats gave great coverage. I do prefer the OPI pro-wide brush though. OS really complements my fall/winter wardrobe. Definitely recommend.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2009 4:31:00 AM More reviews by pinkbrush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love purples, so I couldn't resist and got this one. I think this colour is dupable, and the application wasn't great, a little streaky. This particular polish made me really question whether sephora for opi is as good quality as the regular opi line. I do like the colour though, and would recommend this one to people that like this colour.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2009 10:52:00 PM More reviews by suzannaelektra

This colour is okay....kind of like a plum that has a bit of a grey tone to it. It is interesting and is nice for fall. I have received many compliments on this but maybe I'm not usd to wearing such "dark" shades (even though it's more like medium plummy shade). I guess I'm used to wearing light pinks so I won't be repurchasing this one. The quality is great I must say.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2009 7:05:00 PM More reviews by igtee

I was initially going to buy 'Call Your Mother' from Sephora, but there was none in stock, so I ended up buying this colour instead. I was a little disappointed in not getting the other colour, but once I tried this on, I loved it! It's really nice as a fall colour but it's not that's too dramatic, so I can wear it to school. The first day I wore it, I got compliments on the colour! It was a little expensive for me ($12 at the Sephora I went to) but worth it.