Lancome Juicy Tubes Maharani Jewels in Guava Enchantment

on 6/8/2009 1:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I recently picked up this gloss at TJ Maxx for like $7.99, and I must say that I like it! Guava Enchantment goes on as a sheer coral shade. It adds just a hint of color and shine that really brightens up my lips.

Because the texture is so thick, this gloss hardly dries out my lips, especially with balm underneath. There is a slight citrusy scent. I think it's refreshing, but I can't really smell it once the gloss is on your lips, so it's definitely not bothersome.

Beyond the gloss itself, I'm a big fan of the packaging: the squeeze tube and slanted tip make for super easy application. Seems to be quite a bit of product in there. The gold scroll detailing and gold cap are cute too!

Overall, good buy. It'll be nice in the summer for an easy, natural look. Would repurchase in this shade and others.

on 3/19/2009 5:25:00 PM

Like all Juicy tubes this is a sticky and thick lip gloss. It is a limited edition gloss and the packaging has mehindi golden swirls and a golden cap.The gloss has a citrusy scent and is a red orange color. When applied it gives a small tint of color and the orangeness does not come through. Overall it is nice and pretty moisturing, it is a great everyday gloss to perk your lips up.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

On my dark pink pigmented lips, this goes on a clear orange that makes my lips look a bit lighter + brighter, a step above plain old clear gloss. It has a medium shine and a fake orange scent I don't love, but I do love the way it looks on my lips. JTs have a long-lasting thick, sticky texture that can be a bit drying without a balm underneath.The tube is a special design with gold scrollwork and a gold cap, and as always the applicator tip is slanted.