April 19, 2014 | 1086 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - High Impact Lip Colour SPF 15 - Nearly Violet

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2013 12:20:00 AM More reviews by mandymoos2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

All the other ladies have described this perfectly, just wanted to add another positive review. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2012 3:27:00 AM More reviews by rachelsmiles75

This is a nice natural colour but it just doesn't suit my warm skin tone. It does wear well and doesn't dry the lips but the colour doesn't last long

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2012 8:06:00 AM More reviews by Indigomama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Having purchased this from Sasa in a GWP package as a part of travel set I so much liked it that I immediately stocked a bundle of these lippies from eBay (unfortunately Sasa does not stock it separately). Not being a Clinique fan in general I was deeply impressed with overall presentation, effects and how comfortable this lippie is. It looks great (not exactly MLBB but really flattering to my fair/medium slightly cool complexion), makes my 40-yo lips much smoother and visibly fuller and moisturises and nourishes well enough. The name is totally misleading, nothing close to violet at all, a slightly warm pinky beige color with very subtle golden shimmer, not leaning towards terracotta and not exactly pearly or metallic. Does not feather, no lip pencil needed. Maybe even worth paying a full price but really a steal when bought off eBay for less than $10
Very recommended for office wear and to ladies of a certain age LOL

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2012 9:15:00 AM More reviews by primflower

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Gorgeous lipstick. Perfect MLBB shade as described by the other reviewers. It doesn't dry my sensitive lips, and it wears beautifully. It leaves a pretty stain after eating, nothing patchy or uneven. This formula suits my fickle lips better than the Long Last by Clinique which can be horribly drying on me. SPF15 a nice bonus too. Great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2012 9:23:00 PM More reviews by deedee54

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Nearly Violet is my every day lipstick. It's creamy, feels good on my lips and has just enough shimmer. I don't like lipsticks that are too shimmery and I can't wear lipsticks that are matte. I love it and have several back ups. Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2011 3:13:00 PM More reviews by Irishgal50

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my everyday go-to lipstick because of the color and formula. It is the perfect combination of creamy, moist, and stay-put, long-lasting! And a drum roll for the fact that it NEVER creeps!!! That's what I look for first these days. I have neutral coloring and cannot wear lipsticks that are either too cool or too warm. I also don't look well with too much gloss, shimmer, or silvery highlights in my lipstick (i.e. Clnique Bamboo shade--Wish I could!). The finish is very natural and soft, just a very slight shimmer vs. flat. When lightly dabbed on looks MLBB for me and can be layered up for more intensity. However, even if you layer it on, it is very attractive and has a classic casual, or polished professional, soft look. It stays put better than any other Clinique lipstick I've owned and I've tried many in the past 30 years. :)

It also makes my green eyes stand out more due to its very subtle coolness. I usually just tap some on twice a day and it fades evenly and slowly. It's great for daytime and evening and an interesting, yet classic pink shade.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2010 1:01:00 PM More reviews by mariavittoria1987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!
I was looking for a nude lipstick that would suit my highly-pigmented lips without making me look ashy or washed out as 98% of nude lipsticks do (they're either too yellowish or too rosy or again too pale, etc.). This one does the trick!
The colour is a beautiful natural warm shade but a tad darker than my lips, so the effect is very flattering. The texture and colour are also very full and creamy, which I really like in a lipstick. It work very well with my MAC lip pencil in Subculture. This lipstick is the perfect final step for my daytime make-up, usually a fresh face with light foundation, rosy cheeks and black mascara. Fine packaging, reasonable price. Will probably purchase more colours!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2009 11:05:00 AM More reviews by krw134

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this lippie! I picked it up last fall during GWP time, and fell in love with it. In my opinion, the color seems very similar to NARS Dolce Vita lipstick. It's more moisturizing than DV, and about $10 cheaper. I will definitely repurchase when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2008 7:42:00 PM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I absolutely adore these new High Impact lipsticks from Clinique. They are a bit more opaque and longer lasting than my old faves, Different Lipstick and Buttershine Lipstick, but they don't look fake and they are very comfortable and moisturizing. The best part, though, is the stable, broad-spectrum sunscreen they include. This is a huge plus for me.
The Nearly Violet color is difficult to describe. I would call it a brownish mauve with just the barest hint of shimmer, but that doesn't sound nearly as beautiful as it looks. It's a very wearable neutral on my very fair, cool-toned skin. I don't go through lipstick very fast, but if these are still my faves when I finally use up this color, I will repurchase.
Active ingredients: octinoxate 7.5%, zinc oxide 2.1%. Other ingredients: diisopropyl dimer dilinoleate, trimethylolpropane triisostearate, petrolatum, hydrogenated polyisobutene, microcrystalline wax, polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, octyldodecanol, polyethylene, lauroyl lysine, pomegranate sterols, hdi/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, coffee seed extract, astrocaryum murumuru seed butter, tocopheryl acetate, ethylhexyl palmitate, octyldodecyl neopentanoate, cholesterol, tribehenin, lauryl pca, polyglyceryl-6 polyricinoleate, diethylhexyl syringylidenemaloate, isopropyl titanium triisostearate, sorbitan isostearate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, calcium sodium borosilicate, palmitoyl oligopeptide, silica, tin oxide. May contain: mica, iron oxides, titanium dioxide, yellow 5 lake, red 7 lake, blue 1 lake, red 22 lake, red 30 lake, carmine, red 6, yellow 6 lake, bismuth oxychloride, red 33 lake, red 28 lake. continued >>

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No