December 20, 2014 | 1467 users online

Mascara - Tarte - Rejuvelash

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2011 3:26:00 AM More reviews by tadukhipa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

today is the first time i've ever used this. i wasn't sure what to expect but what it did for me is declumped my lashes and it made them look a bit more natural. which in my case is a good thing. also they feel lighter. so even if it did take off some of the mascara my lashes look nicer.
also the packaging is just amazing. i've never seen anything as sexy and cute as this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2010 10:12:00 PM More reviews by Ilse333

This is a useful product, cleaning up your lashes when you've been a bit heavy-handed and softening and prepping them for new mascara at the end of a day. It's not a miracle product by any means but it definitely belongs in your bag, as it can be difficult to touch up your mascara on the go when your lashes are brittle with product already.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2010 8:46:00 AM More reviews by evilc123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was so curious about this stuff, and finally decided to buy it despite only 4 reviews (all 5 out of 5) at the time. I am so glad that I did! The packaging is clearly adorable and though it looks bulky, it is still very easy to apply. The applicator brush is very similar to the Rimmel Glam Eyes brush except a much more rigid plastic. When I first took the wand out of the vial I thought there must have been something wrong with the one I bought because it literally looked like there was nothing in the vial and nothing on the wand. However, I proceeded to use it, and the magic ensued...

I originally wanted it for morning after use (I have mentioned on the boards that I like to sleep in my eye makeup because it looks nice and blended the next day...horrible I know). It definitely does a great job at separating clumpy hard lashes to make them look like your mascara application is fresh. To clarify, your lashes will still feel crunchy if you are applying it over an old coat of mascara; they will just look fresh and fluttery. The funny thing about rejuvelash is that when you are applying it, you can't really see anything going onto your lashes. They don't even look shinier or wet or anything, they just start to get more feathery and separated.

One of the previous reviewers of rejuvelash recommended using it as a mascara base, so I figured I would try that as well. I truly think that this stuff might be the key to getting false looking lashes without applying falsies. What I did was applied it evenly to my upper and lower lashes (don't expect your lashes to look like they have anything on them at this point) and then I applied a volumizing mascara followed by a lengthening mascara.

In this PHOTO I used Rejuvelash followed by Rimmel Max Volume Flash followed by Rimmel Glam Eyes...

continued >>

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2009 8:27:00 PM More reviews by RavenBeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow and I thought this was going to be some gimicky product that I would end up returning. This is a very unique product that should be in every cosmetic addicts arsenal across the land. For years all we could do is try and carefully use dangerous sharp eyelash combs to de-clump and touch up our lashes (usually pulling out a few lashes along along the way each time). Move over lash combs, because you are pretty much obsolete now.

First of all the packaging is beyond cool. It's just extremely unique and bound to cause attention any time you pull it out of your make up bag (love the purple leather that surrounds the tubing). Secondly this product doubles as a primer and a touch up wand. Even though its not marketed as a primer, many seem to be using it as one once you realize how beautiful it makes your lashes appear from the start. It lays the ground work for your mascara to fan out and be luxurious, softer and virtually clump free no matter how many layers you decide to add. Every lash is more defined and easier to work with.

I use the trick that many make up artists use and always use two mascara's because you will never find a mascara that adds major volume and major length in one tube. You can search until you are blue in the face and it's just not out there. One will always be fabulous for volume and one will always be fabulous for length, but its rare and near impossible to find all of that in one mascara, which is why so many mascara junkies continue to search the earth for a product that simply doesn't exist (make up artists have been doing this for years and using two different types). I put on Tarte's Rejuvelash and wait a moment before applying a coat of Armani's Eyes to Kill or L'oreal's Voluminous (both fabulous volume mascara's). Then I apply a coat of YSL's Faux De Cil and get magical volume and incredible length and best of all, no clumping when I use the Rejuvelash as a base. If you were too heavy handed and applied to much mascara, you just work the Rejuvelash brush into your lashes and they separate and soften like magic and stay that way! If its been hours and you want to freshen up or add another coat, just reapply the Rejuvelash again carefully and you will see that your lashes are refreshed and clump free. This is a serious find for me and a major keeper. continued >>

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2009 9:31:00 AM More reviews by BRANDI7013

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff is a-m-a-z-i-n-g. I can't tell you how much time this stuff has saved me on some days. It declumps (all those crummy mascaras) to give a 'cleaner' look. I know sometimes I try out new mascaras after I have all ready done my eyemakeup and then end up with a clumpy ess---this stuff to the rescue! I got this in a 500 point BI set at sephora and would have never thought to spend the 16 bucks on it (but now I will def. repurchase.) This stuff has lasted me for months b/c you don't have to use it every day. Also, after using this product I noticed that my eyelashes were longer. I kept wondering what I was doing different to make them get so much longer. Voila! It was this!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2009 6:01:00 PM More reviews by hanging_garden

I got this (full size) for free for spending at least $40 on Tarte at Beauty.com. I'm surprised; it actually works! I did a little experiment. I took out a GWP mascara that's really clumpy, applied as usual, then let dry. Then I swiped Rejuvelash through to declump and take away the spidery look. It doesn't work on contact, though. I kept swiping through and probably used too much. But just work some product through, then wait a minute for it to do it's magic. Suddenly lashes look "cleaner". You just have to get used to figuring out how much to use. But if you're using it to clean up lashes at the end of the day, then applying a 2nd coat of mascara for a night out, it's awesome. You don't have to redo your entire eye just to fix your mascara. There's no scent and doesn't bother my eyes.

The packaging is so-so. The shape of the faux-leather casing keeps it from rolling off the counter, which is nice. But the brush head is a little difficult to yank out of the tube. Nothing major. You just have to give it a good yank. The brush is one of those plastic type ones.

You could probably do the same thing by taking a clean mascara brush and dipping it into some eye makeup remover and brushing it through clumpy lashes. Actually, I tried this and it works, too. It's a bit messier and probably works a little too well. lol But if you get the hang of it, it's a cheaper alternative. However, it won't have the "skinvigorating™" Vit C, Pro-V B5, aloe, etc. So Rejuvelash is also a nice lash treatment. Overall, I've been really impressed with Tarte products, so if you decided to splurge on this, you won't be disappointed. :)

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2008 3:54:00 PM More reviews by trendoid

This product has an interesting concept, one that I haven't seen much of in the lashes market but that I think is growing. It is meant to condition your lashes with vitamin C, aloe and vitamin B and declump lashes after you have applied your mascara. It is also meant to be used after your mascara has dried and you want to apply a second coat. Say, you've been at work all day with your mascara on, but you're re-doing your eye makeup for a date. Add a coat of rejuvelash first, and then your mascara so you can avoid having to remove it or look gunky. Get it? Rejuvenated lashes. Personally, I really liked this product. It did help with clumping, and I like the idea of conditioning my lashes. 16 USD is kind of pricey, however. But it seems like women are willing to spend more and more on their lashes, from primers to mascaras to falsies, and so I think this is a good addition to any lash arsenal.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No