December 20, 2014 | 1700 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Conair - Ceramic Deep Wave Iron

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2012 11:43:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was shopping around trying to find an iron to create beachy waves for this upcoming summer. Initially when I saw this on store shelves I was pretty skeptical as I have previously tried and hated Conair's Ceramic Straightener which put me off trying another iron from this line, but I bit the bullet and bought it. Just after one use I'm completely sold and in love with this hair tool. It feels and looks durable, heats up super quickly, and actually works! Super impressed and I have recommended this to many friends as an option for creating waves with a heat.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2011 8:22:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I tried a Conair straightener about 10 years ago and it did nothing for my hair. So ever since then I have had a negative attitude towards Conair. I saw this waver at TJ Maxx one day and I figured I would give it a shot since I could return if it didnt work and I have been looking for a waver for a while. This waver blew me away!! I have EXTREMELY frizzy hair and it even worked on my frizzy hair. With other hair styling tools, I usually have to straighten my hair first. I also like the fact that it is not time consuming and it gets hot enough. So glad I found it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2010 10:14:00 PM More reviews by xEastyn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this thing!
The waves will stay in my hair for 2 days. If I do it the night before, I get awesome beach waves. The waver is awesome. I use it on the lowest heat setting, too.
It's not expensive at all. I really love it! I use this on my hair at least 2 times a week.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2009 7:43:00 PM More reviews by blushingpale

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was caught between getting this or the Tigi adjustable waver, and I bought this because of the lower weight/bulkiness. It was $50 Cdn on sale (reduced from $69) at London Drugs.

This is a really cool waver for creating a specific look. Another reviewer posted a link to a photo of Madonna and in my opinion there is some similarity but the waves created using this iron are softer and (slightly) larger, although not as natural-looking as waves created with med-large hot rollers (by someone with experience, or a pro).

However, the advantage of the Deep Wave iron is it takes MUCH less time and trouble to create a wavy look. It took me less than 10 minutes to do my whole head including the back and some touch-up with a curling iron. It really does look nice although I didn't give it 5 stars in my opinion for two reasons. One is that I wish the waves were larger, and two is that (for me) it didn't decrease frizz much or make my hair shiny the way hot rollers do, and and my hair was a bit frizzy the next day.

Of course, women with shorter hair may like the fact the waves aren't that big, as I think this would work on shoulder-length or even chin-length hair.

With experience I've learned that you can make the waves from this iron look even less artificial on long hair by starting 6 inches down your hair, and just using a regular curling iron to create lift at the roots and a slight "bend" a few inches down. Plus if you use the regular curling iron on the last few inches of your hair at the ends so they are curlier as the ends naturally would be.... Just things that work for me. Overall I'm happy with this iron and will use it almost daily.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2009 7:02:00 PM More reviews by jatkins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have this and the matching straightener and I like these tools better than the expensive brands like Hot Tools and Chi. This waver is wonderful. I have always liked my hair wavy. It's about the only hairstyle on me that looks the same from the time I do it in the morning to the time I got to bed that night. It holds all day no matter what. If you have frizzy hair, I highly recommend this. It decreases frizz and looks pretty natural. I don't know what the normal price is since I can't seem to find wavers at Target, Walmart or drug stores anymore. I bought this at Ross for $11.

EDIT: I just checked at Target.com and found that it is available for $49. I guess I got a smoke'n deal!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2008 3:49:00 PM More reviews by cerecita

This review is for Infiniti by CONAIR Ceramic Deep Wave Iron, its color black and the handle is a deep red.

I Love this thing!....finally a hair tool that make me look like i have 'natural waves' not obviously fake spiral waves that u get from a curling iron...i hated how with a curling or straightening iron, the top of my head would be straight and flat and at the bottom it looks curly and poofy...it looked WEIRD...but with this u can start from the top, and u get waves also at the top of ur head , which makes it more natural / better looking

I really like how its the perfect weight to hold, its really light! and to my surprise its not that big and bulky...

The look u get is medium waves....almost like when u braid ur hair in 2 strands....and in 2 1/2 inches...
xcept, its more defined looking...

and i have hard to style hair, and to my surprise this thing really waved my hair fast!

love love ..it...ITS SO FUN!! never had my hair like this ahahah

I would also like to mention another Plus!....
NO FRIZZ! smooth waves!

THIS IS WHAT KIND OF WAVES IT GIVES...
it looks alot like this....

Tip: make sure ur hair is straight before using this..
and for a more cleaner look like madonna's , use mousse before hand..
!