July 28, 2014 | 2172 users online

Lip Gloss - Revlon - Creme Gloss - Cherry Tart (50)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2013 9:34:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

Originally, I gave this a pretty insulting review. Now, almost a year later, I looked back at it and decided to rewrite my opinion on it because, in truth, I got to like Cherry Tart more as I used it more. It's actually a good gloss, if you give it a chance.
I got this with two other Crème Glosses in a discount set; Cherry Tart was the darkest one in the bunch. In color, it resembles the color of bright cherries a lot, and has some very faint reflective red pieces. It's definitely a cooler toned red. I love how this is a buildable gloss; you can really layer it for a full, glossy look or go a bit lighter for less color. I'm not very ecstatic about the consistency of the gloss; it's a bit thick and sticky. If you put a generous coating on, then you won't notice the stickiness as much. I had to reapply the gloss a lot of times, so I didn't have much luck in staying power area, either.
The packaging is really nice; black tube with a twist-top cap (which you have to twist a LOT the first time to get the gloss to come out of the tube). I don't love how there really isn't a lot of product, but, honestly, I don't use this gloss too much, so I don't see it as a huge problem. I think also that it's discontinued at this point...although, I may be wrong and you can still find it somewhere.
Overall, I recommend this, but not really ecstatically.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2010 6:13:00 PM More reviews by periplaneta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

i got this in 3 colors and cherry tart is a straight up red shade. i like that it is sheer but can be buildable to make it more intense. it is on the thick side which makes it last longer and i find that it can be moisturizing as well. takes practice to know exactly how much product you need and application can take a while plus a mirror is always necessary. overall a nice product

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2009 8:03:00 AM More reviews by SWeinhold

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a great everyday lip gloss that is always in my purse! I have a hard time finding glosses that are subtle enough to wear to work, but heavy enough to add some color to my face. The color starts out pretty sheer (but not sticky) and builds up really well. Easy for those of us who don't have the patience to apply, blot, reapply. When I'm going out after work I get a little heavier handed and add some Bobbi Brown Shimmer Lip Tint for a little extra sparkle.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2009 6:53:00 PM More reviews by stasy45

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It is a nice lip gloss. Goes smoothly, not sticky. I would recommend this product. I have it in pink .

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2009 2:32:00 AM More reviews by piratelass87

I bought this product in play it up pink and patent leather pink. I really like that the applicator is a lip brush, and the colors are both very rich and long lasting. My only complaint would be that the gloss can tend to be a little sticky and you have to make sure and blot the excess off especially with the patent leather pink. I would buy this product again.

UPDATE: I used this product for about a week and found that it was drying my lips out and making them chapped. It is way too sticky and gets gross when eating or drinking. I would not buy this product again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2008 3:33:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Revlon lip & nail products are BOGOF at CVS right now, plus I had a coupon so I picked up two of these for less than ten bucks. I'm not really a lipgloss person, but this is a nice product. It has great color, it's not goopy, and it doesn't smell nasty or synthetic. You twist up color into the brush. There's only about eight colors to choose from though. I got the wine and the red. I'd buy it again if they put out more colors.