July 28, 2014 | 1973 users online

Blush - Contrived Pressed Blush in Foreplay by Rock and Republic Cosmetics

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2011 7:29:00 PM More reviews by Katie75007

No R&R blush has ever disappointed me, and Foreplay was no exception. It's described as a matte peach -- but to me, it almost looks as if it has a hint of brown, too -- it's more of a nude peach. If anything, it leans very neutral, rather than warm; it's not pure peach or orange-toned in any way. It adds a pretty brightness to my complexion and is very understated. Best of all, it's massive, so I will never run out. I also love the finely-milled R&R texture -- it makes these blushes very easy to blend. Highly recommend, if you can find it.

For reference: NW5-10; NARS Siberia.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2010 2:10:00 PM More reviews by lily91491

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

ok so I swatched this and it BARELY showed up on my hand.. i was so mad I was ready to put it up for swap. Then i decided to just try it on my cheeks. Im NC42 for reference.
on my face it was the PERFECT shade. Not like extremely noticeable that I was wearing blush but the perfect glow and subtle color to my cheeks. Don't be afraid just because you are darker its slightly peachier than my skintone and its gorgeous

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2010 4:59:00 PM More reviews by ClubNicki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The most natural and gorgeous shade for my NC20 complexion. I am very pale and warm toned and Foreplay is *the* perfect blush for me. It's a light peachy bronze color with tons of pigment.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2010 1:46:00 PM More reviews by oniononion

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite of the Rock & Republic blushes. It is also my favorite peach blush and only 2nd to my all time favorite blush. It is the perfect peach color and makes my skin glow. I used this for a neutral look and knock that look out of the park, so it's great for that. While highly pigmented, I don't think it it is quite as pigmented as my other Rock & Republic blushes. I also got this on sale for a price tag of about 8 dollars on their website, so it was definitely worth it. I hope I never run out of this blush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2010 5:01:00 PM More reviews by icypeeches

I love this blush. I threw this into my cart because I had to spend more money to get a $25 off coupon that I had. It reminds me of a more matte version of Nars luster. Its the perfect peach blush as other reviewers have said. I was worried this would be too brown, judging by the color on the website. The colors on the website are completely off. I wound up snagging this for $8. The packaging is very luxe too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2010 4:26:00 PM More reviews by pinkolive2010

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am truly impress with this blush, I am such a lover of NARS blushes, this is as good, the quality of the blush is amazing and the packaging, wow, it is great, wonderful compact to just carry around with you in your purse, I love it

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2010 10:38:00 PM More reviews by PinkoCommie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I say I'd purchase again, but only if a) I ever run out and b) I find it for <$20 again. I love this blush, but it's not a $40 blush to me.

That said, it really is a great blush. It's pigmented and gorgeous without being a glitterbomb. It's perfectly matte, nude peach. I'm a fair skinned redhead and the perfect nude blush is nearly impossible (IMO) to find.

This is a massive amount of product. For comparison, my pressed powder foundations (and loose powder, for that matter) are 8g on average, are meant to cover my entire face and last for quite a while on me.

This is a blush, meant only for bits of my face, is pigmented enough that I only need a dab and the compact contains 9g of product.

I don't foresee ever working through it, honestly, but that's kind of reassuring as I think R&R are going down the tubes as far as cosmetics businesses go - insofar as I don't think they manage to stay soluable by charing $40 for a blush that most people knew v little about prior to the recent *ahem* aquisition opportunities.

Anyhow: it's gorgeous and you need it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2010 7:44:00 PM More reviews by GPD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So I've been trying to resist these R&R blushes forever and then I finally caved and now I'm on my 3rd blush. I got this at an awesome price but they usually retail for $40.00 but if you keep an eye out you can find these for much much cheaper (wink wink, nudge nudge). At any rate, this is a fantastic blush! The packaging is a tad bulky, but I kinda like it. It has a magnetic closure which I thought would be flimsy, but it's actually kinda nice imo. The quality is quite impressive, right up there with NARS in my book. The pigmentation is amazing, but still very blendable and not chalky. I was rather scared about buying this one because in some pictures it looked rather brown and muddy. I am really glad I ordered it though because it's absolutely gorgeous! It's a perfect nude peachy color on me. I love it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2010 8:54:00 AM More reviews by kam6761

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

A perfect dusty peach color, works great on my NW15 skin. It's the closest thing I have to a "nude blush." Pigmentation is excellent, texture is smooth, and the amount of product is huge (double the size of NARS blushers!).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2010 1:23:00 PM More reviews by kisstina07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Now this is my kind of blush! I am a sucker for peach blushes because they compliment my NC35 skin so well, I love this blush so so much. It's very pigmented, two swipes on my brush and I am set. It gives my face the perfect amount of color. The blush has no shimmer which is perfect for me since I have oily skin. Great stuff :)