Maybelline Lash Stiletto

3.2

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Cera Carnauba (Carnauba Wax), Acacia Senegal, Gum, Acrylates Copolymer, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, PEG/PPG 17/18 Dimethicone, Steareth 20, Phenethyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Simethicone, Rayon, Disodium EDTA, Silica, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Silk, May Contain ( /-): CI 77499, CI 77491, CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica, CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), Titanium Dioxide, CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide).

on 9/1/2015 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I haven't used this in years and didn't know it was still around. On impulse when I saw it I thought I'd go for the 70% longer lashes and shiny patent finish it promises.

I can't complain about the length. It's aptly named as it does give you long lashes. It doesn't promise any volume and doesn't give any. It does promise a shiny patent finish and I didn't see any. Overall I have to say it's just all right. It's not spectacular and it's not awful. I'll use it up.

on 8/19/2015 12:36:00 PM

Left my lashes all spiky, however it did make them shinier, which is part of the gimmick

on 8/11/2015 3:38:00 PM

it's a pretty standard mascara wand (sort of generic), and the formula dries has a tendency to flake. It does its job but it's nothing special.

My biggest problem with this product was that it's not waterproof. People's eyes water on a daily basis, sometimes just from blinking. So I just don't get an eyeliner that you put so close to your eye to not be waterproof. And I don't know if I got a defective one but the first time I used it, it was very dried out, almost empty. It's so hard to get enough product on the tip. I had to go over it many times, and still got streaks. It wore off within one hour near the corners of my eyes. The only good thing about it, besides the satin finish, is the applicator. It was a good size/thickness to create a great line, if the actual product was better. When the product did go on I thought it was a nice dark color. Also, since it was already dry, how long until it runs out? It can't last too much longer.

on 6/25/2015 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

this mascara really irritated my eyes and the smell is strong

on 6/24/2015 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I've always wanted to try this Stiletto. Even tho I'm one who needs volume, (my lashes are a little longer than average but not thick at all, actually somewhat sparse), it's always good to have a couple of lengthening mascaras for when I want a cleaner look. This mascara actually delivers both. I love my L'Oreal Telescopic as well, but this one adds thickness afterwards too if you apply a 2nd coat (do not allow drying) w/ out looking clumpy. Years ago I had Lancome's "Definicils" & this one reminds me of it. The Stiletto brush just clings to every lash & provides fierce deep black color, length & a little volume rather quickly. It's perfect for those days when I just want a simple black line on my lids & mascara. If you're looking for mega false lash look go for the Colossal Chaotic or Miss Manga's 2 types. I ll only re-purchase on sale tho as this runs up to $14 in Toronto. I just happen to have gotten this on sale for around $7.

on 5/31/2015 2:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Very little length and made my lashes almost brittle looking. It has found a new home in my garbage can.

on 5/31/2015 12:42:00 AM

This mascara is incredibly lengthning. I love this for that reason. Doesn't provide much volume or maybe that's just because of my straight Asian lashes. Cute packaging and I absolutely love the shape of the wand

on 5/22/2015 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG product! I've used this for about 4 years now, and no other mascara can compare!

Its relatively light weight, so it doesn't weigh down your lashes, even with multiple coats. For me, one coat was needed, and it lasts the whole day! It doesn't flake, smudge, and does whatever it says it will do. People actually come up to me, asking if I'm wearing fake lashes!

This may be the only make up product that I will stock up and will be loss if they ever discontinued this.

on 5/15/2015 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my HG mascara. I have been using it for over 5 years. When I first purchased a new tube the formula was a little runny; so the first few applications from a new tube are not always fun for me, but once the formula gets a bit thicker this stuff is amazing! It can clump a little but if you wait too long to do a second or third coat (I usually do 3 coats), but it can easily be combed out using the applicator.
I have tried everything from YSL, Dior and even a Japanese fiber lash brand called Fairy Drops (all of which were quite expensive upwards of $38 CAD.). I found myself running back out to the drugstore to buy another tube of this.
I will never cheat on my Lash Stiletto!

Video Reviews & Tutorials