January 29, 2015 | 1318 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Lash Stiletto

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2015 5:08:00 PM More reviews by Capricekknowsbest

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm addicted to this product. It really makes my lashes look longer and fuller. It doesn't clump up or smear easily which is a huge plus!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2015 2:57:00 PM More reviews by JakeBoldar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I judge a mascara in the following ways:

1. Lengthening: it doesn't give you 'dramatic' length but you'll see a significant increase in length.
2. Volumising: it's ok - makes my lashes thicker but I personally don't think the result is significant enough. If you're looking for ultimate increase in thickness just invest in false lashes.
3. Smudge?: mine is not waterproof, but it stays on long enough given that I don't use eye primer and use eye cream. When I take it off I gently massage my eyes with cold cream remover.. about 30 seconds all mascara melts. Proves how uneasy for it to smudge on me.
4. Wand: the unique shape makes applications at the corners of the eyes easier. But to me it still puts a bit too much on my bottom lashes. For finer applications on the bottom lashes use mini brushes that are made to cleanse the gaps of your teeth - they separate bottom lashes very well and prevent clumps.
5. Formula: relatively dry, I'd not use it as a build-up mascara. Suitable for relatively thin lashes.
6. Clump? It doesn't clump if the amount of product on the wand is sufficient for your lashes. In one go I apply mascara on upper and bottom lashes of both of my eyes --> NO CLUMPS!
7. Flake? It doesn't flake - before it dries. If you apply on a dry coat you'll get minor flaking issues.
8. Packaging: CUTE!

Overall I'd say it gives a natural finish suitable for day time purposes with one coat and separated, longer and a-little-thicker lashes. With 2 or even 3 coats you're ready to hit the nights! For an absolute voluptuous look opt for false lashes - this mascara blends in very well with false eyelashes. Lashes are spread beautifully and evenly; and they are stayed in that way (inc the curls) unless you rub your eyes. Suitable for contact lenses wearers, I believe, as my eyes do not get irritated with this mascara. The price is reasonable, but still a bit costly for drugstore product

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2015 6:33:00 PM More reviews by mimislamb

I have used a lot of mascaras, and this is the best I've ever used. It doesn't clump and it stretches my lashes out SO long!! Amazing mascara. A bit on the pricey side for a drug store mascara but well worth every penny.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2015 4:00:00 PM More reviews by bubbly_soaps

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was trying to find a drugstore alternative to Lancome Definicils (my favourite, but pricey at $31CDN). I read some reviews online that this was a close match, so I purchased it for $10CDN (not on sale).

I generally look for a mascara to pump up my lashes just a little bit (no delusions about how far a mascara can stretch my tiny lashes), in a formula that doesn't smudge (my skin around the eyes can get a little oily throughout the day), and a brush that small enough to get all of my short fine lashes without getting on my eyelid (that means no thick, giant brushes).

This formula is pretty good, it doesn't get flakey or stiff. My lashes still feel soft after application. It doesn't smudge throughout the day. I had really high hopes for the brush, because that's primarily what I liked about Definicils. Unfortunately, it didn't quite work for me. The wand has both short and long bristles, which I thought would help comb through my lashes, but unfortunately, I feel like the bristles are too sparse, and while trying to get more mascara on my lashes, I would have to get my lashes closer to the shorter bristles, but that meant the longer bristles would brush against my eyelid. I then tried the wiggle method, but my lashes just stuck together, and the long bristles were too sparse to adequately comb out the clumps.

In the end, the effect was fine, and I used this for a few weeks. However, I wouldn't repurchase, because it seemed like a lot of work to get a pretty average-looking lashes. Perhaps this would work better for someone with longer lashes, where the eyelid thing wouldn't be an issue. And yes, there is a distinct... floral/powder fragrance.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2014 11:19:00 AM More reviews by PinkPuma

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just don't understand this line of mascara. I absolutely fell in love with the volumptuous version but they discontinued it. The regular version does nothing for me though. I don't know if it's the formula or the wand but I just don't get great results from this one. I really wish I had kept my volumptuous wand to try with this version. It's just ok, no great length or volume or any real WOW factor. I won't buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2014 9:51:00 AM More reviews by JaanBlack

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think I can call off the drugstore mascara search for a while. I first tried this mascara around 2008/2009 - whenever it first came out and initially I wasn't impressed b/cof two major issues at the time.The smell was my #1 issue - very strong, chemical odor. #2 - spider legs. Fast forward to last week when I entertained this mascara again. Through the years I have purchased every single mascara out there from drugstore to D&G & Guerlain, Smashbox, etc etc. This mascara still smells awful BUT it gives me a little of all the higher end mascaras rolled into one. The length is amazing, no clumps, it DOES give volume (wiggle the brush from side to side a little). I actually love the brush too, it's long and skinny and has bristles (I have a love/hate relationship with certain plastic wands). It's intense black, great for night but if you go light, it's good for day. It's cheapish for drusgstore and obviously available anywhere. Definintely my favorite drugstore mascara out there right now. My HG "mid/higher-ish" is CK One w/the adjustable PLASTIC wand (I know, you probably hate it). So if you want a lot of length, some volume and don't have a Sephora right next door, try this. PS - I hate waterproof mascaras so I can't speak on that version.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2014 3:43:00 AM More reviews by lalalovee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Mascara gives you length its okay

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2014 5:12:00 PM More reviews by AmandaKayC

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Very great product for the price! I use this to lengthen my lashes and it works really well.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2014 10:23:00 PM More reviews by diepset1

Maybelline always seems to know how to make good mascaras. I picked this one up during the 40% off all Maybelline products sale at Rite Aid. The packaging is alluring and sexy. It does remind you of a pair of stiletto heels, hence the name. It's a black tube with red and silver writing. I got the waterproof version, so that it wouldn't budge on my lashes and it would hold a better curl. The smell is a but funky and difficult to describe. It's like smelling an herb or something, but the smell doesn't bother me. The wand is nothing special, but very practical and traditional. It kind of reminds me of the Maybelline Full N' Soft wand, but bigger. As for the formula of the mascara, it is rather nice. It's not as black as I want it to be, but that's okay. It seems to hold a curl VERY well and it really doesn't budge. Even if the wand has a lot of bristles, the outer lashes seem to clump every time I use this. I just use my lash comb to get it out or just get rid of the blob with my fingers. It's weird how that happens, but the mascara is quite nice. It gives plenty of length and doesn't flake at all! When I remove it, it takes a little more eye makeup remover because it has such lasting power, but the mascara is seriously so good that I don't even mind it. Try the mascara for yourself because it's actually quite good!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2014 9:40:00 PM More reviews by abian1992

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

First of all, it's so affordable! I love how it really lengthen my eyelashes when I used it properly. I don't like mascara that gives a clot and big eyelashes, so this is the one! It gives a long and soft eyelashes without looking too much for daily uses. I'm not a fan of heavy make up for school or work activity. I'd prefer to look natural with a little touch of eyeliner, mascara, and soft moist lipstick. The packaging is good. So far this is the best mascara for me.