April 17, 2014 | 1494 users online

Foundations - Faerie Organic Mineral Makeup

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2014 6:53:00 AM More reviews by zero347

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I purchased the product in Light - Airbrush Formula hoping to find a sub for Jane Iredale which for some reason has been breaking me out lately. Love the packaging on this product as it incorporates a sifter with a closing top unlike most mineral brands. Also love that the ingredients are minimal and it does not contain extra extracts and such which could cause allergies or break outs. The price point at $22 USD is lower than many other mineral makeup brands.
This did not break me out or cause any allergy issues. However, I would probably not purchase this particular formula again because the coverage is much too sheer for me. Even with the concealer powder from the same brand underneath, I had a hard time getting it to cover dark spots and the occasional blemish. It did not seem very buildable and repeated application produced limited result. This is far more sheer than other mineral foundations I have tried.

I would recommend this formulation for someone either very young with perfect skin or someone who does not like the look of having makeup on at all.

In all this is not the best mineral foundation nor the worst I have tried and I do find that the idea that there is a benefit to cutting out the extra ingredients has merit. I will be trying their Maximum Coverage formula to see if that offers more suitable coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 4:19:00 PM More reviews by Llavin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love them! I have searched high and low for 100% Organic make-up that I could afford and that was as good as they say it is. I can rest assured I have found it and I'm certainly never straying from them! They are amazing! I love their face cleansers too!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/20/2013 2:35:00 PM More reviews by Julietlysm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I know the price is fair, but over $130 just for bottles I have to replace monthly? Uhg..that hurts.
This skin care line did not work for my skin.

I am selling through PayPal the following Faerie Organic items to any lady who wants to sample before they buy the real deal.
I have
foundation MEDIUM COVERAGE (Fairly Light) (90% full)
tinted moisturizer (One shade)
matte veil (85% full)
cleanser (%45 full)
hazelnut serum (45% full)
2 foundation samples
$50 shipped, through PayPal.
This is an awesome opportunity to try this stuff out before you buy the full size!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2013 3:44:00 AM More reviews by NT568

BACKGROUND:
This is my first ever make-up review.

After a few years of using make-up without issues, my skin started acting up. I now have EXTREMELY sensitive skin, eczema* and somewhat oily t-zone that is prone to breakouts. In the past I've used many (not all) of the generic brands that you might see in drugstores; Maybelline, Revlon, Loreal etc. and moved onto brands like Nude, Clinique, MAC, Nars and MAC. Needless to say, for my skins sake I needed to ward off these products. I started getting allergic reactions to everything. Even though they had never been a problem in the past. So, I searched for an organic alternative for sensitive, dry and acne prone skin. I stumbled across Faerie Organics.

PROS:
- VERY natural finish - (airbrush version**) if you are looking for light-medium coverage, its perfect
- actually helps with acne scaring as the company has claimed; after using the products I did notice a great improvement on my scarring
- does not cause me breakouts
- offers generous sample sizes for colour matching; each sample lasts quite a while for you to try them on a few times to see if you like the finish and if the colour matches
- great customer service (I think they would generally be very good, because I have bothered them many times, and each time I've contacted them, I have been treated very well. BUt some other people have said otherwise so I think those may be rare occurrences?)
- you don't need much when applying to cover faint blemishes and even skin tone
- lasts quite well (normally lasts the whole day for me depending on my activities and weather)

CONS:
- sample packaging is VERY messy - its like a little round dish with a snap on lid, each time you close it the powder flies so perhaps do it over the sink
- irritates areas with broken skin - when my eczema is really flaring and there is broken skin, i've noticed that having even the powder
- like most powders, your dry patches will look noticeably dry so make sure to moisturise well and let your moisturiser set before applying

Overall, I am loving this brand so far. I have the foundation in medium golden and golden olive (I use this as contour shade), face primer, sheer finishing veil, matte veil, sun goddess bronzer and concealer.

I want to try Terra Firma and Afterglow ones too. I will put reviews once I try them :)

(IRRELEVANT) NOTE FOR ECZEMA SUFFERERS:
*My eczema is in the process recovery - my eczema worsened due to hydrocortisone cream (topical steroid cream). I was unaware and trusted the GPs. Anyways, try not to use hydrocortisone if you are using it. Your skin will flare a lot, and die down, and flare again but it will recover (research topical steroid withdrawal). Oatmeal milk helps and I've just been using Cetaphil cleanser and mix my own moisturise; sorbolene and olive oil. Works wonders. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2013 10:28:00 AM More reviews by carick85

I just started using this foundation after discovering that my usual foundation (Jane Iredale), had comedogenic ingredients. So far I love it! I am absolutely amazed with the coverage. I ordered the max coverage foundation and almost ordered a separate concealer since I need one with most foundations.. not this one! I apply the makeup with my brush, and then go over red spots with the foundation and a concealer brush. It is amazing, and I feel confident that the ingredients won't break me out. I also ordered the matte veil.. great for oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by MarifreakinA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I started getting into MMU around the time BE started getting a bad rap. When I used BE, the foundation would break me out and the oil production on my skin increased; so I have never been crazy about BE. My skin is acne prone and oily, I have tried to use make up that wouldn't irritate my skin or cause break outs, so drug store brand make up is out (I just don't trust it). My go to MMU became OceanMist Cosmetics, I didn't think MMU could get any better than this lovely brand....But I was young and naive. I had been using OceanMist for a few years with no problems; their MMU is cheaper than most brands and they give you a lot of it. Eventually, I grew tired of my #1 brand and was on the search for something else. I had remembered that I bought a sample from Faerie Organics but I wasn't impressed. Regardless, I had decided to try their brand again. If there is one negative thing I have to say about this company, it's that they take FOREVER to finally ship it out. I waited for about 2 weeks to get my jar of MMU! When I got it I really liked the packaging, a big jar that contains a sifter, I really liked it. Before my classes, I used FO for the first time; I was IN LOVE!! It covered my hyperpigmentation marks flawlessly and my skin looked beautiful.

This MMU is so worth it, compared to other brands it's not too expensive and they do give you quite a bit. FO FTW!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2013 3:32:00 PM More reviews by xonetti81

I have acne prone skin with dark discolorations (from acne scarring) and this foundation covers the majority of my scars without looking cakey or mask-like. It's difficult to find a foundation that really covers most of my scars other than dermablend or something like that..but unfortunately those tend to make me look like I'm wearing a lotttttt of makeup and come off easily/maybe last 4 hours or so.

Howevaa Faerie Organic looks natural and last ALL day! It's highly pigmented which is a plus for me since my scars are an issue..I have to do a couple layers (for darker or problem spots I use the foundation on a concealer brush). But it still looks natural when I have a lot on. Whether you don't need much or need a lot like me...it creates a flawless evenly toned look either way. FO is a concealer and foundation in one, I only use CeraVe daytime moisturize beforehand and after that sinks in I apply FO (no primer, its not necessary). It's also light-weight on your skin, feels like your wearing nothing!

I haven't had any problems with it causing breakouts or irritation and I've used it for 6 months. I like it much better than Bare Minerals <- it made me way too oily and stayed on for maybe 2 hours before sliding off. FO is somewhat water-proof and holds up pretty well in the heat. I'm fair-skinned, so I wear the fair color foundation, it doesn't match exactly but its close. I've heard you can mix the foundation colors to find your perfect match, so I'll be trying that out this summer since I get a slight tan.

Overall this is my favorite foundation and I've had no problems with it. 100% recommend!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/7/2013 5:13:00 PM More reviews by GenM

Like many others I wanted to switch over to all-natural beauty products (or products that use better alternatives, at least) and that included replacing my bareMinerals foundation and bronzer. After some research, I found Faerie Organics and was immediately impressed by their website, range of products, and thorough descriptions. I didn't have any reaction to my other organic/vegan beauty products, so I bought a full-sized container of mineral foundation (Golden Honey) and a container of blush, confident that the shades were a perfect match and that I wouldn't any problems. I can honestly say that I was excited for this product.

Package arrived yesterday and I ripped it open, eager to try them out. I don't know how long Faerie Organics has been in business, but I was pleased with the packaging - simple (something I'd expect from most indie companies), but professional in presentation nonetheless. But what I was really aiming for was the quality of the products, themselves. Despite the foundation's unusual curry-powder color, the consistency was similar to that of bareMinerals, went on smooth and fine, and covered certain areas of my face well with the vaguest yellowish tint on others. As for the blush, I was pleased by the healthy glow it provided, flattering my blah skin-tone a pinch of rosiness. After testing the products, I washed my face; that's when I noticed the tiny blisters on my cheeks, but I dismissed the notion that my skin didn't agree with the products. Happy with the results, I used them that very evening.

Everything went downhill the following day (today).

I woke up, but didn't get into my morning routine until after breakfast; throughout that time, I noticed a prickling sensation dancing about on my t-zone, forehead, and neck. That sensation went from prickling to burning real quick. I rushed to the bathroom, washed my face and neck, and immediately slapped on my day cream. Upon inspection, I noticed faint blotches on the areas (of my face and neck) that experienced the unpleasant burning, now it appears as though I've gotten a sunburn and heat rash. That was between 9AM and 10AM; it's 2:03PM now, and it's still tender.

I had high hopes for this product; so knowing that other MakeupAlley Reviewers have experienced the same (burning) sensation only adds to my growing disappointment. Despite the glowing reviews on MakeupAlley, I strongly hope that the company considers tweaking their formula in light of this. Until then, I will not be making any future purchases with Faerie Organic, sadly, and would not recommend this product to anyone.

The only suggestion that I would make is--if your are still curious about their mineral makeup--purchase their sample packs first and do a patch test.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2013 4:11:00 PM More reviews by akazian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't typically write reviews, but I absolutely LOVE this makeup so it called for a review. I was doing some modeling and having bad breakouts from all the different makeups being used at shoots. I also couldn't find an everyday makeup that didn't break me out. Tried other popular mineral brands nothing worked. This SAVED my skin!!!!! No more breakouts, beautiful dewy finish ( I use airbrush version), and so natural looking. I have been using Faerie Organic for over 5 years. I will never use anything else.

Also the customer service is unparalleled! Anytime I have a question they always get back to me quickly, and are very personal. Cannot say enough good things about Faerie Organic

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by pebblesgirl

I am pretty sure the previous reviewer works for meow cosmetics love all the info on ratios and formulations very interesting coming from the average consumer. I actually find her review ridiculous considering I personally have very difficult acne prone skin and have always had issues trying to find a product that covers yet looks natural until I found Faerie. I actually appreciate the fact that they offer sampler kits and yes the sample containers are not top quality (hello they are samples), it is nice to be able to test the products for $5 prior to getting stuck with a full size you may or may not use. Personally I love the coverage with FO foundations, the finish looks natural and my skin has a pretty healthy glow to it (not sparkly which can be an issue with MMU). I use the sun goddess faux tan bronzer which is not matte at all but more of a semi matte which looks NATURAL which is the point IMO. I purchase natural cosmetics because I like to look like myself only a bit better and these products deliver. I highly recommend!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No