September 30, 2014 | 1819 users online

Hair Color - Paul Mitchell - INKWORKS

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2013 5:52:00 AM More reviews by pinkpastels

this is a review for the new inkworks formula. this new formula lasts way longer than the original inkworks. i got what some call an "ink manicure" basically what it is is ink works mixed with a conditioner and applied to hair. my hair is a red violet color and my stylist puts this over top after every root touch up. my red is definitely more vibrant when using this and will last about 3-5 weeks depending on how often i wash it and if im lazy and use hot water, hot water makes it fade faster than if you used cold if you didnt know. yes it does fade after each wash, its a semi permanent color after all. it has no ammonia, so its not going to make your hair rihanna red if your hair is jet black. its fun for kids to have a stripe in the hair or to enhance red hair. it does bleed onto towels and will sometimes bleed if my hair is dripping wet.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2010 7:28:00 PM More reviews by hillysparklez

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

THE best colored hair dye. EVER. I've had this in for about two weeks now, and I've washed my hair six times with it in. Usually by now with other dyes, my hair is all faded. But, with this dye, my hair looks just like it did when I first dyed it. AMAZING. I used the blue and purple mixed together, and it made it blue with a purple-y hue to it, and I love it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2010 11:27:00 PM More reviews by PettyBeige

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been dying my hair obnoxious shades of red for some time and NEON RED by Paul Mitchell's Inkworks is by far the best I've tried. I was sold when my stylist rinsed the dye out of my hair and the water ran clear! I love not having pink hands everytime I wash, style, or brush my hair. After trying pretty much every other semi permanent dye, I could never go with anything other than Inkworks!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2008 10:59:00 PM More reviews by ragingpunk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am a cosmetology student (will be licensed in 5 months) and I have a card that allows me to shop in professional only supply stores, where I buy salon products and equipment. I payed under $5 bucks for a bottle. This product is only available to professionals but if you go to a salon that uses Paul Mitchell colors, you can request these colors depending on the look and effect you are after. They are semi-permenant colors that come in some dramatic shades and in clear, I use this in clear on my hair every couple of weeks. Since it is a semi-permenant color, it does not lift the hair cuticle at all, it just deposits color, the color molecules are too big to penetrate the cortex of the hair so eventually it washes out. The Inkworks ingredients formula is very conditioning and in the clear version, the list is very short meaning there is no added junk coating your hair. It just gives me tons of shine. I use this after shampooing, I towel dry my hair, detangle it, and apply clear inkworks in small sections until my entire head is covered. I cover it with a shower cap and then wrap a towel around it to keep it warm. I usually let it sit longer than instructed (15 mins), usually 20-25 minutes and then rinse it out. After rinsing, my hair feels really smooth even before I use conditioner. Depending on how dry my hair feels, I'll use a little conditioner, or maybe none at all. Once I'm done, I spray my hair with a good thermal protector, apply hair styling products and blow it out, only once my hair is dry, can I really see the results. My hair is then really glossy and healthy looking. One of my classmates even asked me if I did something to my hair because it looked really good. I highly recommend this in clear if you just want extra shine and conditioning without harsh chemicals.