September 19, 2014 | 1251 users online

Eyeliner - Almay - bright eyes eyeliner/highlighter duo - Cocoa & Pearl

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2010 3:29:00 PM More reviews by lleux

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this product so much. I get complimented on the "pearl" halve of it everytime I wear it. While I find the "cocoa" part pretty useless, using the pearl side as an illuminator on the inner corners of your eye gives a really pretty effect. The price for the product is pretty impressive. It has staying power. The color, a pearlescent ivory color, is very flattering and does exactly what it claims - acts as a pretty, semi-natural highlighter and illuminator for the eyes. Don't overdo it, but a little touch by your tearduct will give you some very beautiful eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2009 1:17:00 PM More reviews by smileyme118

I bought this liner to brighten up my eyes, plus I needed a good brown liner that wouldn't look to harsh since I have very fair skin, so I decided to give this one a try. it is PERFECT for my purposes. The pencil is great for a subtle daytime look, and i even use it on my waterline. I also love the highlighter- I use it in the corner of my eyes and under my browbone. The highlighter is a fabulous color, sort of shimmery white, but it can be blended into just a nice shimmer. The only problem though, which is why I rated this a 4, was that the highlighter side got dull very very quickly. Naturally it was duller than the liner from the beginning, but it is becoming hard to use in my corners. The pencil is very thick, so it doesn't sharpen in a regular sharpener. If anyone knows of a good sharpener, please let me know. Still, this product does wonders for your eyes, making them look bright and awake. I would definetly buy this again, even though the sharpening is a problem. Still, the price is so reasonable that it is worth buying another sharp one until I can find a way to fix my other.
EDIT: I HAVE FOUND A SHARPENER! sephora's dual sharpener (http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P231114&categoryId=B70) fits it perfectly (the thicker side) 5 lippies!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2009 6:30:00 PM More reviews by Lily95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My HG eyeliner. I am going to high school, and i decided to give my makeup a makeover and this is amazing, all my friends love it, and so do i. It makes my eyes so bright and the brown makes my blue eyes stand out so much!! I am defintely getting this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2009 8:12:00 AM More reviews by beantowngrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This review is for the duo for light/medium skin. I LOVE this pencil! I will always have this in my makeup bag. My skin is NC25. Being a mom of a toddler I'm usually sleep deprived. After applying a concelor I put on the brown liner which is not a very dark brown and and then use the highlighter on the inner corners and a bit on the indise of my lower eyelid. it brihtens my face up immed and I look like I've had a good nights sleep. The staying power of the liner is better with a primer but it will last a long time without too. Definitely worth trying.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2008 7:01:00 PM More reviews by kissjacksparrow

This is the set designed for light skin tones.

The cocoa is the liner. It is a warm bronzy brown with the tiniest amount of what I think is a gold shimmer. The pencil is a little on the hard side for my liking, but I find that if I sharpen it, and roll it between my fingers before applying, it goes on pretty smoothly. True, it is not the consistency of HE kohls, such as Stila or Lancome, but I do not find them so hard that I wouldn’t use them. The best thing about these is that they do not smear at all! And yes, I do sometimes use it on my waterline. They stay looking good all day long, and give nice, soft definition perfect for a light daytime look.

Pearl is the highlighter, and it is an almost white (slightly creamy) frosty shade. It can easily be blended down into a sheer shimmer. The “lead” so to speak on this side is thinker then that of the eyeliner. This has a much softer, slicker texture then the eyeliner. This is so that you can smudge it under the brow bone or the inner corner. It glides on like a dream. It smoothes out nicely, so that there are no harsh lines. I do recommend however that you be sure to wipe it off with a tissue before applying it, because it does pick up color from the eyeliner if you use it on top of the eyeliner.

I am very impressed with these! There are endless possibilities! Perfect for doing you MU on the go (why I initially purchased, but it has since become a staple in my routine.) You can use the hilight all over the face if you want too. Or use it like an eyeshadow, or just the way the package suggests, on the brown bone and inner corners.

My only gripes are about the packing. I prefer synthetic pencil, because the wood can poke if it becomes dull. Also, the size is awkward. They do not sell it with a sharpener, and they will not fit in a regular size sharpener, but not big enough for the large sized hole in my Lola sharpener. It makes it frustrating