Lumene Cosmetic Brush Cleaner

on 10/26/2009 7:35:00 PM

this is the best brush cleaner EVER! a very small amount of this in a cup of warm water will clean all of my brushes and there's no soap bubbles to deal with. best part about this is it actually conditions the bristles and it's only $1 at big lots! i almost gave up on one of my old brushes till i cleaned it with lumene, and it was like new again! i went back and bought 3 more today cause i don't want to run out.

on 8/28/2009 10:11:00 PM

I found this at Big Lots for $1.00! They also have Lumene brushes for $1.00 as well. The two sided powder/blush brush is really nice!
I figured I'd try this out for only a dollar, thinking it was pretty much like baby shampoo that I always use. This is so much better than baby shampoo! I only used a small amount and I could see all the makeup coming off- the water turned brown. This also rinses perfectly clean- when I use baby shampoo even though I rinse the brushes very well, I always get some soapy reside at the base of the bristles - with this I didn't have any soapy residue at all! Plus this made the brushes nice and soft- can't go wrong with this! Plus if you can get it at Big Lots it will only be a dollar. I'm going back and getting a few more!

on 1/6/2009 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I was going to add this product a few days ago, but apparently someone else got to it sooner! I really like this brush cleaner. I received it as a "stocking stuffer". Initially, I put a little on each of my brushes, massaged them and they were clean so quickly! Lately, I have just been adding some of the brush cleaner to some water in a cup and swirling the brush around and that works well too. This actually works much better than my MAC brush cleanser! A great product!

I really like this product. I only got a sample of it from a friend. We used a Dollar Tree squirt bottle. Like the big ones you use to like clean tables or windows. The bigger variety. Anyway... she just gave me a quarter size amount... I put some warm water till it was full... shook it up good. Went home... cleaned my brushes. Amazing! It got all the grime off and all the powder. I was very impressed. I think it works good, affordable, and lasts a long time. I would suggest though not following the directions because it can go a long way on just little product.

on 11/17/2008 2:02:00 PM

I usually use baby shampoo or facial soap to clean my brushes but this was on sale recenlty at CVS (50% off, so only $2.50 for the 3.3 oz tube). I followed the instructions, mixing with 3 parts water and swirled my dirty brushes around in it. Then rinsed well and dried. My brushes are so clean and soft! I highly recommend this even over other more expensive cleaners (MAC, Smashbox, etc.) Even though this one tube will last a while, I went back and got another while they're on sale!