December 25, 2014 | 947 users online

Brows - Kanebo - KATE designing eyebrow N

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2013 11:02:00 PM More reviews by Fluffysealion

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is definitely a HG for me. I dyed my hair at the beginning of the year as I was just bored with my plain black hair. After that, I decided that my eyebrows needed to match my new hair colour. I decided to buy Kanebo Kate Designing Eyebrow as the price was awesome and I heard some great reviews. I was not disappointed. The colours are fantastic and the two shades of brown can be used for a natural look. I use the darker shade for the inner brow and the lighter shade for the "tail". It looks very natural and matches natural brown or ash brown hair. The brushes provided are quite useful as they pick up the perfect amount of product and one end can be used to shape the brow, while the other to shade and soften the look. The powder has a slight waxy texture once it is applied and stays put all day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2013 7:51:00 AM More reviews by Yamada70

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is very travel friendly with a small mirror & a double ended brush that is actually usable. I use the 2 lighter shades to contour and darkest shade for my brows. The powder is soft & silky, but wears off in the contours in about 4hrs on me. I have been using this for 10 months & I have hardly made a dent in it!
I have the lighter shade, which I find perfect for warm/neutral skintones. This does not have any red which I find a lot of brow products to have.
A definite repurchase for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2012 10:52:00 AM More reviews by jltful89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very Japanese in terms of colors and product design.

Product comes in a sleek and small compact, it's about the length of my thumb when closed. This tiny gem contains a mirror, a double sided brush( one side for drawing, the other for blending) and three shades of brown eyebrow powder. The browns are slightly yellowy, think of the hair colors that Japanese girls like to sport. Wouldn't recommend it for warn- brown hair.

Can also double as a contouring product for the nose and eye area.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2012 12:57:00 AM More reviews by cadbury

I'm actually reviewing the brow powder and contour powder in Kate's brown collection BR-4. This set also comes with three eyeshadows, in shades of brown, but I will focus on the brow product. (There is no listing for any of the brown collection palettes, but since it is not a new item I have not made one.)
I have a dark brown eyebrow powder and taupe contour, the packaging and product itself looks the same as designing eyebrow N.

Kate's brow powder is always mentioned in Japanese magazines, not just in paid advertising but as a popular product used by a lot of real people in and out of the fashion industry.

Even knowing its popularity, I was still surprised at it's performance. It's quite silky to the touch when you put a brush or applicator to the surface. I have very dark brows, with a few gaps that I usually fill with dark brown pencil. This powder is a great color if your brows are black. Also, this wears well, with no flaking or moving around my face, even after sweating. I highly recommend it, and no longer use brow pencil!
I have not used the contour powder, and probably won't, but will review if needed.

Would definitely buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2011 3:40:00 AM More reviews by xomiu

This is really popular in Japanese magazines, so I picked up some to try. It's about $13 which is WTF for a small box but it lasts a LONG time, so you get your money's worth. The box is pretty sleek too with an inbuilt mirror, very portable & convenient.

As an eyebrow powder, it's pigmented but also buildable, which is great, & lasts a long time! The nose shading shade + brush also works extremely well for contouring the nose, which is what I mainly use it for - & it does the job, very well.

Love it, will continue to use it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2010 2:48:00 PM More reviews by starrystarzzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my first brow powder. I use pencil before. But my lashes are quite dark, so I like to use this powder to create a soften line. Lasting powder is above average. And I love the shade for contouring nose. I wish it would be bigger. But then this compact last me 4 years for everyday uses.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2009 2:37:00 PM More reviews by reveriepapillon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This eyebrow kit is in line with the kind of brows you might see in a Japanese magazine or on the street, the kind where the front of the brow fades into your skin; it is gentle, light and relatively thin (but not too thin!). I liked the quality of the powders, but as someone mentioned before, it probably will not last through humid/hot weathers. The key then, is to set it with another product (which is why I removed one lippie - because you need something else to complete the brow) - Clear mascara works great, or eyebrow wax. That'll hold it in place. If you want a stronger look you can apply the wax before and after to hold the powder. The product is also intended to contour your nose, so it's multi-use as well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2009 8:47:00 AM More reviews by visee

Perhaps I'm not really a fan of eyebrow powders but I didn't think this was anything fantastic. My eyebrows are quite full, and the eyebrow brush was a bit too small. The colours are rather nice as you can mix the shades, but it didn't last long in my humid climate.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2009 4:50:00 AM More reviews by aGirlie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this product. I got it for pretty cheap too--I think about 1008 yen at a drug store--20% off the original price. There are two versions--a darker set and a lighter set. I have black hair and I bought the darker set, which matches me perfectly.

I was pleasantly surprised to find out that the three shades were in a little black container that you can take with you anywhere! Well, not that you need to because it lasts the entire day, but it's still pretty cool. It's cute, too.

I'm a beginner at eyebrow filling and such, and this product is really easy to use. It comes with a two sided brush--a little stiff brush that you use for your eyebrows, and a fluffy brush [sort of like a little eyeshadow brush] that you're supposed to use to accentuate the nose area with the lightest color...I don't really get it :P

It also lasts all day. I walked for about 10 minutes, shopped, walked another 10 minutes back home, vacuumed, AND scrubbed the floor, and it's still on. I haven't used it too much, but I can see that this product will last me a loooong time.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2009 4:01:00 PM More reviews by miyabi0619

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I really like this product and the only one compact I've ever had lasted 4 years! The 3 shades in the small compact are very useful. I can mix them or use them separately to match my eyebrows with my hair color, whether colored or not. I also like the brush that comes with the compact, it makes application so easy. The only reason that I won't buy this again is that I get bored using the same stuff everyday for 4 years! Since there are too many good and inexpensive Japanese cosmetics out there I'll just try out some other ones.