November 23, 2014 | 1922 users online

Blush - E.L.F. - Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2014 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Corrina618

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I first bought this in st lucia and really liked it, i have olive skin so i thought turks n caicos would be good. Just recieved it in the mail and WOW its beautiful shades. Turks n caicos will look soo good in summer with a tan!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2014 3:29:00 AM More reviews by apk2

This is one of my HG products that I use on my face on a daily basis. Every time ELF has a big sale I always make sure I pick up 3 or 4 of these. This is a pretty good dupe for the Nars one as I have used that before as well, but the formulation is a bit different. The Nars is a lot more finely milled, whereas this one is a lot more powdery. I use the bronzer to bronze my face with a larger brush and then contour with a smaller angled brush, then dust on the blush. I always get compliments on this duo together and people always ask me what I am wearing. They are also really shocked when I tell them that it is ELF and that it costed $1.50 (haha). This stuff works really well for me and lasts all day. However, some of my friends who have bought it upon my recommendation are not as big of a fan because it doesn't seem to last as long on them. They told me that it basically lasts for 2 hours and then disappears. I guess it's not for everyone, but for me it is something I can't live without!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/12/2014 4:04:00 PM More reviews by robertson08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this duo online from the E.l.f website. Personally, I like E.l.f products but this duo didnt do it for me. The blush is too red for my skin tone and it is super pigmented, so a light hand is definitely needed. I like when you able to build up the blush but with this you really cant, with one swipe its full on color. The bronzer is a perfect match for my skin tone but it looks so splotchy on my face by the end of the day. The NYC bronzer in SUNNY is much better quality and the staying power is much better as well as Rimmel 002 in SUN BRONZE.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2014 3:23:00 PM More reviews by wiwi45678

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Not a horrible compact but not my favorite either. Bronzer seemed a little muddy on my cool, fair face but I think if applied with a light hand, it'd be ok. Blush seemed sparkly and gave an ok color, although those who hate shine do not give this a try because it gives of a shine to the cheeks.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2014 9:23:00 PM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I picked up the St. Lucia at Target the other day because for years I had been hearing about how this was a dupe for the Nars Orgasm/Laguna trio. Since I really don't use blush or contours with any regularity there really isn't any need for me to spend a ton on these type of products. And since I do feel like ELF is a really good brand as far as drugstore products go, I figured why not give this a try.

First off, this is NOT a dupe for the Nars duo. I have owned Laguna and it is MUCH different. My Daughter uses Orgasm as a daily blush and that too is way different. Nars is also finely milled; ELF's blush and bronzers are not; Nars applies like a dream; the Elf "version" is a little harder to work with for some. If you want to replace your Nars trio with this your gonna be very disappointed. If you are a newbie and wanna try something inexpensive before taking the financial plunge with the Nars duo this is a good one to try. These colors are similar but definitely not dupes.

For $3 bucks, this product cannot be beat. I liked it enough to order the other 2 duo's Antigua and Turks/Caicos and to be quite honest I have a feeling (based on the colors and combos) I am going to like them more than St. Lucia. At any rate, I really do like this product and shade mixture. I was scared at first because it looks a little glittery BUT none of that picks up on application at all. A lot of reviewers have said it's too powdery and too pigmented but I have not had that problem at all - I apply the contour (somewhat heavy handed honestly) with a cheapo ELF angled brush and it works well, and I use my Real Techniques blush brush for the blush which works great as it tends to only pick up a small amount of color for subtle application. I also find the contour shade is great for neck and shoulders. And another thing: I have seen all 3 of these duos on women of color with various skin tones and I have to say this is where they really shine! Just gorgeous (esp. Antigua).

Honestly you are not going to go wrong spending 3 bucks on this product. Worst case scenario you toss it or give it to someone else. I will likely never hit pan on this because I only do blush and contouring MAYBE once a month, if that (I will prob. drop and break it way before that happens as I am a clutz). But if I ever did use this up (or drop it LOL) I would definitely re-purchase this duo.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2014 10:13:00 PM More reviews by miellen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm a huge fan of Nars' Laguna bronzer so I gave this palette a try. At first use, I was immediately in love. The bronzer color is pretty nice (not Laguna exactly but a decent alternative - powder is not as finely milled though) and the price can't be beat. Unfortunately, after using this for 2-3 weeks as a daily bronzer, I noticed my skin was breaking out from it. Sadly I won't be using this palette anymore. If your skin is not sensitive to it then it's a great buy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2014 4:09:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

This is such a economical dupe for NARS Orgasm duo. I love the pigment and how long it lasts for a $3 compact. You really cannot beat this price and what you get. It's a little powdery but what do you want for this pricepoint and how pigmented it is.

The blush is a serious dupe for Orgasm and looks very flattering on anyone. The bronzer in here is a little dark for me, I believe it's a dupe for Lagoona. I use a touch of it and its already too dark, so summer is best use for me with this since I am a little too fair for it. I do like it as a shadow though.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2014 7:52:00 AM More reviews by 5starchikita

I know that ELF has always been a bit hit & miss, but in my recent ELF haul I'd made a promise to try this.

The blush is a beautiful pinky shade that gives your cheeks a lovely pink-ish tint. Perfect for everyday wear. And the bronzer is awesome for bronzing up the face and contouring! I'd say the bronzer shows up matte enough for those things, but the blush has some shimmer to it. The bronzer lasts longer than the blush does, but that's not a big deal.

Overall this product is amazing , the price is great and the quality is great too

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2014 4:26:00 AM More reviews by Steelermummeh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I know that ELF has always been a bit hitty-missy, but in my recent ELF haul I'd made a promise to try this.

(I've used PUR's Marble Bronzer for ages)

I just really love this product. For the price it's almost unbelievable - there is no way you can have a decent blush and bronzer, surely?!

These are better than decent, specially for the price. Even though I've been wearing makeup for over 20 years, contouring has never really even crossed my mind. Now I know better ;)

So back to the product. The St. Lucia set is wonderful, with both shades having just the right amount of pigmentation (you don't want that much, truly) and more importantly, nicely long-lasting. Also, ELF tends to be quite shimmery and it doesn't always work - this product doesn't suffer from that either.

The usual neat little black packaging is present and for me it just makes it look far more expensive than it is. The colors are true, so no unpleasant surprises and there's no smell to worry about and there's a not-bad-at-all sized mirror enclosed. In terms of price, ELF comes in at about $11/ounce with NARS being around $110/ounce (!).

The only problem might be skin tones. The colors are definitely quite "warm" and "cool" folk will probably want to try something else; there's no getting away for the gold-ishness.

Other than that? Just buy it - it's cheap enough (seriously) that there's really no reason not to give it a shot :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2014 3:14:00 AM More reviews by hoangrl

I bought this off EBAY for around $8 because I live in Australia and just cant get this unless i buy it on EBAY. But i have noticed KMART is now stocking a very small ELF collection.

Overall im really happy with product. I use it most of the time when i wear make up. The bronzer is awesome and on me looks natural. Its not orange and i think its has enough warmth and cool in it to look good on me. BUt yes i can understand it may not be for everyone. Great pigmentation and goes on well. Does not oxidise on me.

My only disappointment with this is the blush. Not pigmented at all and doesn't really show up on my skin unless i put alot on and then it looks a bit too shimmery. I am just not a fan of shimmery blushes. I can do a kind of sateen finish but just not shimmery. A basic neutral matte pink would have been better.

Packaging is fantastic! have taken this compact travelling plenty of times and no issues. Big mirror is handy and love the hard plastic which is so much better than the rubbery NARS packaging.

I have hit pan on the bronzer and would defo repurchase, Works awesome and is a great price and it is travel friendly!