E.L.F. Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Mica, Magnesium Stearate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Sodium Dehydroacetate. MAY CONTAIN: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492 CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red No.40 Lake (CI 16035), Ultramarine Blue (CI 77007).

I got mine in the shade St. Lucia. For a while, makeup enthusiasts are raving about this product as a good drugstore dupe for Nars Orgasm bush/ Laguna bronzer.

Pros:
1. Lovely packaging. Almost duped the Nars packaging down to the black rubber-like finish of the flip case.
2. Great full-sized mirror.
3. Very low price!

Cons:
1. The blush is more shimmery than it is peach. It does not come close to the Nars Orgasm and does not show up on my NC 35 complexion. Instead, it looks like I had silver dust sprayed over my cheeks with no hint of peachy blush pigment whatsoever.
2. The bronzer is positively at least 2 shades darker than Nars Laguna. It comes off muddy and unflattering.

I have used this duo once and I don't think I will ever use it again. I just take it around in my purse for the mirror alone. Save your money and buy a better product. From the drugstore, go for Milani or Nyx blushes instead. Also, Rimmel and NYC bronzers are cheap and of way better quality than ELF.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Decent enough for everyday bronzing up your face. Not very pigmented for the bronzer for my medium skin tone. But I gravitate it on a everyday basis.

If you are on a budget and looking for a compact blush/ bronzer combo this might be just what you are looking for. These powders come in a sleek, sturdy compact that is very sophisticated in appearance given the products $3 price tag. However, beyond the products packaging and the overall convenience of containing both a blush and bronzer, I see little to rave about. The powders are very chalky, and carry little pigmentation in contrast to other products carried by the brand. The blush contains large glitter particles that accentuate pores and limits blendability. Additionally, although the product name suggests that the powders are ideal for contouring, the bronzing shade is very warm-toned, and contains glitter, making it less than ideal for creating a believable shadow.

To conclude, if you are looking for a budget blush and bronzer ideal for travel, this might be worth it. However, if you have a few extra dollars to spend, I recommend looking elsewhere.

I LOVE THE PRICE!!!!! I really love the convenience of the packaging and how can you not buy this with such a low price. I think I paid 3$ for this. The bronzer is very buildable, the only issue is it is difficult to blend when my skin is dry that day. I also found it applies best with a fluffy brush, when I apply it with a dense brush it would apply to blotchy and then would just sit in one spot and would be impossible to blend away. The blush is not very pigmented, but it is a pretty light wash of color for the days I just want to look alive. I also find that the chunky sparkles when be brushed off your face anyways, so they do not cause me any issues. Overall, you cannot go wrong with this, especially for travel!!!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I have super pale skin and the blush looked lovely on me but the bronzer was not a good fit. The blush was a lovely pinky color and gave life to my ghostly skin. It made me look like I was actually alive. The bronzer, however, was like dirt on my skin. It was much too dark and it wasn't as finely milled as the blush was. If I could just get the blush out of this pan I would buy it again.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I pretty fair with yellow undertones, and a lot of bronzers just don't work for me; either too red, too orange, or too muddy. Now to be honest, the first time I used St. Lucia, I packed it on and it did come off as way too muddy and dirty on my skin. But I tried again and just a softer, fluffier brush with a much lighter hand and then build it up and it looks great. It really warms up my face without looking artificial. I don't use it as a sculpting color but more of a bronzer and sometimes all over the face to warm my complexion up when I'm pale. It's not the creamiest formula so you have to work with it, but it is fairly pigmented, so I just start out lightly so it can blend better. I was totally turned off when I saw the glitter in the pan but on my face I wouldn't even know there was glitter.
On to the blush, it's fairly light and the glitter is a little bit more noticeable with this. But it's a beautiful and natural color for my fair skin, and although I do use it, I'm not a fan of glitter so I tend to use the bronzer more.
The packaging is just super convenient, I love the mirror and the fact I can just throw it in my purse and I'm set. So overall, I'd say it's a 3.5 but I would buy it again since it's dirt cheap, so I'll give it a 4.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I agree with the previous reviewer about the glitter and fall out. Expect to have to blow off a lot of stirred up loose powder so it's not a mess. I prefer the blush over the bronzer, which on my fair to medium skin (sometimes self-tanned) goes on uber dark & causing me to have to blend some around with a tissue. It's a steal for the price all the same. I'd say the price makes it one of those products you can carry around in your purse for touch ups, but the messiness left after swirling a brush in it will surely leak & spill over if you don't clean the compact after. Fine for a make up case though!

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I had this in St. Lucia, but I had to give it away, because both the blush and the contour colour were warm tone, while I have cool tone skin/yellow undertone, and I'm paler than a ghost.
Otherwise, I loved everything about it, it was very pigmented, blended well, easy to use. Packaging was really sturdy, I just wish the bottom was more flat, because it spinned around and got scratches everywhere, which was a shame for such a nice package. There was shimmer in both, but it really didn't show up - unless upon super close inspection, under very harsh lighting - and honestly who does that? No one is going to notice it, so why bother doing it to yourself?
Overall, if you have warm skin tone, I think you would love this. I tried several times to make it work, there was nothing wrong with it, except that the colours just weren't for me.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I loved the colors in St. Lucia but I found both powders to be really difficult to use. The texture in the blush is just horrible and it is shame because the color is beautiful. The bronzer, no matter what I do, ends up looking like dirt on my face. I would not buy again this product and I cannot recommend it, it's a shame because I really loved the idea of it being kind of similar to the Nars duo.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have this in the color St. Lucia. It's a nice palette. The only problem really was that the bronzer has a slight shimmer to it and the smell of the product reminded me of a Walmart bathroom.

Popular Contour ProductsProducts