April 20, 2014 | 1447 users online

Pressed Powders - E.L.F. - Studio Translucent Mattifying Powder

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2014 9:38:00 PM More reviews by diosmar82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

This is a great little powder. for 3 dollars it's super cheap and works well to keep the oilies away.

The sponge that comes with it gets dirty quick and becomes puffier preventing the compact to close properly, so I just use a brush to apply and discard the sponge.

I love the big mirror!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2014 11:35:00 AM More reviews by Lizpaola25

This is ok. Not good or bad. I will most likely not buy again because it made me break out a few times. Other then that, it's a good setting powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2014 3:50:00 PM More reviews by aknakano

Whether you use this to touch up your makeup mid-day or use it in the morning as part of your routine, I feel that the application has a lot to do with the results you get with this product.

I'm not a huge fan of sponge applicators for any face product, and I already knew this when I got this product. I tried using the sponge applicator that came with this powder just to see. I wasn't a fan of how much product it picked up, and how easily it could smear the makeup that was already on my face. I found that if I picked up too much with the sponge, I would either look like a vampiric cake (I'm not terribly interested in channeling the Edward look), or it would rub off the makeup that was already on my skin. I especially do not recommend using the sponge applicator if you have uneven skin and/or fine hairs, as the powder will get stuck.

Then I tried again with the powder brush from ELF Studio line. Now, this is how I apply the powder. Although the brush seems like it is much bigger and fluffier than the sponge (and so precision could be lacking), I have much better control with the brush in both picking up an appropriate amount of product, and applying it smoothly and evenly.

I have combo oil/normal skin, with particular problems in my T-zone. I live in a coastal city, so the coastal breezes, mist, and occasional hot days can bring out the oil slick. I thought the product itself did its job fairly well, once applied with a brush. Though I can see that having a sponge applicator could make this product a potentially great to-go touchup product, I would much prefer that the more product was included in lieu of the sponge.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 10:27:00 PM More reviews by argutara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have oily skin. I was using Laura Gellar Matte Maker ($24 at Ulta) and found this one at a drugstore. Decided to try it for $3. WELL WORTH THE PRICE. I won't pay $24 again, that's for sure! However I use a soft brush instead of the sponge.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2014 8:38:00 PM More reviews by ajb426

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I like this powder. It's only $3. It mattifies my skin well and it lasts for a long time. However, it can be a little cakey, and the package gets messy inside (although the packaging itself is good quality) but I guess that's just what powders do - get messy. I usually apply this with the little sponge that's included; I know I shouldn't, but I don't own a good powder brush right now and the sponge is fine. Press, don't swipe, with it though, because swiping will take off your foundation.
I recommend -- especially because this is paraben-free. Some of the other top drugstore powders (I can't afford high-end nor do I really want to pay that much) contain parabens and I try to stay away from those ingredients if I possibly can.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/2/2013 2:31:00 AM More reviews by Caleeesi

Regardless of how light handed I was and which brush I used while applying this powder, it made my skin look incredibly cakey and just terrible. The only good thing about this stuff is the packaging. I've purchased E.L.F products in the past but this was a total waste of $3

rated 3 of 5 on 10/22/2013 1:56:00 PM More reviews by sarahmedeiros

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Meh. This is an okay product. Barely gives you any powder in the container, and the applicator puts on WAY too much powder, leaving it white and not translucent at all. I was oily half an hour later. I ran out of this powder in 2 and a half weeks (using it daily and for touch-ups), so not a very good last. Also, I had to apply with a brush because the applicator's terrible. Sorry, ELF, not a bad product, but not the best either. I'll stick with my avon powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2013 7:38:00 PM More reviews by michellenovaaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

YES! I love this so much! It's the definition of inexpensive, I got it for $3 at Target! It keeps my oil away the entire day, gives me a nice matte finish to my makeup, and the packaging is so sleek and modern-looking! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2013 7:44:00 PM More reviews by itsholly20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

this stuff is great. it makes me look finished and flawless. my pores have disappeared, there is no sign of oiliness, and my face feels so soft and smooth. the only problem i have is that i can't stop touching my face. its not 100% translucent but i like the extra coverage. i'm really glad i picked this up on a whim and would definitely recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by yodabalboa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I would absolutely love to give this 5 Lippies. The ONLY reason I didn't is because it says its translucent but it is not. It matches me very well so I lucked out! It is a great product though, does what it says and works well for me as I don't like to/have time to touch up often. Will definitely be repurchasing!