January 29, 2015 | 1062 users online

Mascara - E.L.F. - Studio Lengthening & Volumizing Mascara

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2015 2:27:00 PM More reviews by Croft250

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara claims it volumizes & lengthens but it really doesn't. It is great though for a natural look, I use it on the days that I want a no makeup look. It's similar to an old Neutrogena mascara I used to use, can't remember the name though, natural something or other. The packaging is a bit odd, it's opposite from most mascaras, instead of the handle being the short it's the longer side of it. For $3 I'll definitely buy again

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2015 4:17:00 AM More reviews by msyu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Although the formula is good the wand handle seems to bump into my cheekbones when I use this mascara. I would try a different elf mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2014 4:34:00 AM More reviews by delnetra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It was okay, but how I used it I used another mascara first to simply separate my lashes then I'd apply this on top of it, and it would give my lashes more length and volume. One thing, it does dry up pretty quickly.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2014 1:36:00 PM More reviews by sage4dylan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This would be ok for a young girl. I could barely get it on and couldnt see it well when I did. It was only a dollar tho so cant complain much.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by sararaxo

Okay so the main reason I love this mascara is for the natural look it gives. It's amazing for one of those "no makeup-makeup" looks. The formula, even in the color black, is so light and free it never looks too dramatic. I usually just put this on if I'm in a rush or just don't feel like trying and it makes your eyes pop a bit more. I also like putting a bit of this on the lower lash line. That's pretty much it for the good side of this. The mascara clumps like crazy if you put too much on or more than you're supposed to. It limits how much you can put because the bristles on the brush are so spread apart it doesn't get all the lashes in between. Also, if you couldn't tell already, don't and I repeat, don't use it for a dramatic look. And don't overcoat. Also curling before applying this makes a difference cause there really is no true volume. In all I would probably still repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2013 3:26:00 PM More reviews by Shauneexo

I like the natural definition this mascara gives. I can use it on lazy days when all I want is some mascara to make my eyes pop more. It does not smudge, and is very easy to remove.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2013 4:36:00 PM More reviews by RedNailz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This really works for me as an everyday mascara. It darkens my lashes and makes them look a tiny bit longer. Best of all, the smudging is minimal! And it is CHEAP! However, I wouldn't use it for a special occasion because it doesn't add volume at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2013 12:34:00 AM More reviews by Mford11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love elf, but this was not a good product. It dried out and clumped pretty fast, and clumps and dries weird on the lashes. It doesnt lengthen or give volume to your lashes at all.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2013 2:30:00 AM More reviews by SkullGlitter

Eh, just hated it. Flakes, no lasting power, kills curls, doesn't go on smooth, packaging was okay, color was dark and it never set.

Not a worthy choice in E.L.F. or other lower-cost cosmetics. NYX, essence and Wet n Wild make better choices.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by zoomusicgrrrl

I'm not averse to 'wetter' formulations of mascara, but this seemed little more than black-coloured water. Zero volume, zero length. Too much of an au naturel look with one coat, but clumpy and unworkable when extra coats are added. Also, I found the applicator hard and uncomfortable when trying to work product into the lash roots, and the inevitable smudges on my lids that followed weren't the easiest to remove.